Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a big squad, there will be a few changes, but I agree I think we will open Bournemouth up and score a few past them, they are very susceptible to conceding goals against "the bigger teams" due the the nice football they play.
M'mmm......Chelsea 0 AFCB 3, AFCB 2 Woolwich 1....yeah see what you mean ha ha.

------------Kane-------------
Moura---Eriksen----Lamela
------Dembele--Wanyama---
Rose--Vert--Toby?--Aurier
------------Lloris------------------

Time to ROTATE the squad and infuse a bit of energy.

I agree with much of that side but you can't leave out Son. 5 goals in his last three games and our most in-form player.

Maybe Lamela to start with Moura on the bench.

If the way we went out of Europe last season didn't break our spirit. I struggle to see how the way we went out this year would do it.

We bowed out against one of Europe's elite teams, unlike last season where we were screwed by not taking a smaller team seriously and having Dele have a brain fart.

The players will have a few days to deal with the loss and it is business as usual on Sunday

Between now and Sunday I want to hear nothing from the manager and the players.

All we need to see is Pochettino galvanising the troops.

More than anything we have to bounce back and that also means one or two of our players stepping up just to drag us through the disappointment of yesterday.

If the way we went out of Europe last season didn't break our spirit. I struggle to see how the way we went out this year would do it.

We bowed out against one of Europe's elite teams, unlike last season where we were screwed by not taking a smaller team seriously and having Dele have a brain fart.

The players will have a few days to deal with the loss and it is business as usual on Sunday

I think it’s the fact we made it a step further, in such a brilliant way from such a tough group, and then came so very, very close, that may be the kick in the gut. I know it’s only 1 player but you can see how devastated Sonny was; can’t recall our reaction when we bowed out at the group stage last year and from the Europa League. Of course, I really hope Poch and the players bounce back as they still have so much to play for.

Yeah righto.
Because just about every game we have disassembled our best functioning team with massive changes, the performances have been stellar against weaker teams.
Bad, bad idea

The players gave us all hope, beating some of the best teams in the CL and leading against a CL might-losing, Wednesday wasn't in the script. Juve (total respect) taught us a massive lesson, we must take heed. Being upset and feeling sorry for ourselves are for losers and weaker sides and Woolwich. Bouncing back against Bournemouth will show as much spirit as beating Real in the CL for me. Poch needs to instruct the players that they are not losing this game and anything less will not be acceptable. 3 points and march on please.

COYS

Right.... the mood is that WHOEVER is in our way, gets pushed OUT of our way.
Bournemouth, sorry, but YOU are in our way.
Prepare to be shoved very firmly out of our way... in our dead-eyed pursuit of VICTORY.

Juve did it, by fair means or foul... and THEY got away with it.

Prepare for the same 'dark' forces and punishment to be meted out on Sunday.

We've a point to prove and a statement to make.

To quote a famous line from Millwall's seminal 1970's album; "No one likes us":
".....we are eeeeeeeeeeevil!"

#NOMERCY

Last edited:
If we went through in the CL I would be more worried about this being a potential banana skin, the team Will be hurting big time , but they will also be eager to be back there next year to prove they are good enough to compete with Europe’s elite! So let’s cement our place in the top 4with another 3 points!
Son, and dele both took a battering mid week so would expect Poch to start one of Lamela or Moura, but in my opinion if son is 90% fit he should start, also not sure on Dembele as I think we need to manage him carefully to keep him fully fit till the end of the season, but never to keen on a partnership of Dier / wanyama! It’s a tough one for Poch to get right, but reckon we will see a first PL start for moura, with Rose and Aurier coming in for the FB and Wanyama for Dembele! I just wish there was a way we could get Dembele back to being 25 again at peak fitness as he would always be oe of the 1st names on the team sheet, but I’m sure the back room staff know a lot more then me on whether he is up for another start or not, and how to manage his fitness!

Game can’t come soon. We all need picking up off the floor after Wednesday. A strong performance and win followed by beating Swansea will go a long way to lift spirits.

One very positive thing this season is that we’ve maybe been outplayed twice all season Woolwich away - which i’d Put down to complacency and then city away - fair enough they were better on the day!

It’s very positive though in general we’ll be fine just have to get Wednesday night out of our system

Looking at our record after defeats, we’ve done well.

1-0 loss to United, 3-1 win over Madrid
2-0 loss to Woolwich, 2-1 win at Dortmund.

Even last season, we reacted well after losing a game. It’s a mindset Poch has got into our players, to reach positively and give us, the fans, reassurance that it was a one off.

I expect players to be roaring to go! Quite some frustration in them.

I would like to see -

---------------Lloris--------------
Trippier-Sanchez-Jan-Rose
-------Wanyama--Dele-------
-Moura---Eriksen--Lamela-
--------------Kane---------------

I feel that Dier needs rest + he got a knock in the Juve game.
Son is undoubtedly in superb form, but he got so much stick in the game. Plus this stampadge on his thigh seemed really awful. In that light maybe would be reasonable to leave him on bench and bring on instead of Lamela or Moura around 60 minute mark. But if he is fully fit, rested and ready then he should start in place of Lamela.
Regarding Dembele - the Juve game was not too easy on him either so I'd rather expect him to be not in the squad. Ofc if everyone believe there is no problem with starting him, I'd be happy to see him in the starting line-up-

Rose could just get be a rotation, Davies is the 1st choice there but we should not freeze out Rose too harshly either. But at the same time based on recent performances Tripps deservs to keep his place + should not be too tired yet either.

Back
Top Bottom