January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting quote from Poch today after Wengers dig at us

“Praise? Of course we receive praise. Football is not only to win trophies, it’s the circumstances of different clubs"

It's all getting a bit awkward for a certain bunch of posters. Their ideals are very different from the manager's, but they just so want to love everything about him.
Considering you constant criticism of Poch - this post is laughable hypocrisy as usual. Also - Poch can spin all he wants but until he wins something the fact remains. Unless of course you are having a dig at fans who want Spurs to win silverware?

Last edited:
Considering you constant criticism of Poch - this post is laughable hypocrisy as usual. Also - Poch can spin all he wants but until he wins something the fact remains. Unless of course you are having a dig at posters who want Spurs to win silverware?
So says the closet Manure supporter!

I have a friend that watches a lot of Belgian football (works at som Eu-shit i Brussels) and he says that Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht is one of the best young Belgians to look out for. Midfielder, 6,2 hopefully not a new Fallaini.

Last edited:
Malcom and Sessegnon feel like guys we will deeply regret not signing if we aren’t able to complete the moves. Make it happen. Even if it means loaning both back until summer.

This is an very good read on the profile of Malcom, a player I've never heard of or seen kick a ball until two weeks ago.

I don't follow any other football outside of the prem so unless you are Messi, Ronaldo etc at the big boy clubs the likelihood I have ever heard of you is quite small.
I'm just not bothered about clubs outside of the prem apart from AFC Wimbledon.
#Armchairfan :kaneshh:

When was the last time we built a stadium?

XOdiwGb.gif

I have a friend that watches a lot of Belgian football (works at som Eu-shit i Brussels) and he says that Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht is one of the best young Belgians to look out for. Midfielder, 6,2 hopefully not a new Fallaini.

He's actually very similar to Dier both in his playing style and how is looks physically. Around the same height and build etc and can play either as a holding midfielder or a centre back.

leandermain_1.jpg

I wouldn't mind us signing him, because he's going to be a very good player but I don't think we need him at the moment.

Unfortunately looks like he might end up at West Ham this window...

When we was the last time we had positive net spend

Here we go again. I will break it down into simple maths for you and those others who think breaking even means not spending:

The Dane has a car.
He sells his car for 10,000 euros

Now he has 10,000 euros in his bank.

Agree?

Two weeks later, he buys another car.

This car cost 7,000 euros.

Because The Dane still has 3,000 euros in his bank, has he, or has he not still SPENT 7,000 euros?

Some of you think spending only counts if you get into debt. You are wrong. End of.

Considering you constant criticism of Poch - this post is laughable hypocrisy as usual. Also - Poch can spin all he wants but until he wins something the fact remains. Unless of course you are having a dig at fans who want Spurs to win silverware?

You have no concept of hypocrisy....why, yet again, because you believe in agenda and conspiracy. Its a state of paranoia.

I constantly crticise Poch for non rotation. So what.....do you think someone cant have good and bad habits?
Is it either all good or all bad in your world.
Didnt you used to tell me..."The world isnt black and white Sammy" every week..?

Poch´s positives outweigh his negatives 10-1.....does that mean I cant talke about the negatives?

Once again, you take DIRECT words from Pochs mouth, ignore them, and draw your own hysterical conclusions.
Then have the fucking nerve to claim "In Poch I Trust"

No you dont. Your philosophy is not his.

Here we go again. I will break it down into simple maths for you and those others who think breaking even means not spending:

The Dane has a car.
He sells his car for 10,000 euros

Now he has 10,000 euros in his bank.

Agree?

Two weeks later, he buys another car.

This car cost 7,000 euros.

Because The Dane still has 3,000 euros in his bank, has he, or has he not still SPENT 7,000 euros?

Some of you think spending only counts if you get into debt. You are wrong. End of.

Let me give another angle on that.
If the Dane buys similar kind of car that he sold for 10 k for 3k it means he has similar car AND 3k in the bank.
Also - if you earn 10 and spend 7 you fookin' profit 3. It does not get much simpler than this in life.

I know I cant believe how much praise Dyche is getting, the cunt has won fuck all.

KUMB are convinced he is West Ham bound.

Let me give another angle on that.
If the Dane buys similar kind of car that he sold for 10 k for 3k it means he has similar car AND 3k in the bank.
Also - if you earn 10 and spend 7 you fookin' profit 3. It does not get much simpler than this in life.

And somehow profiting is bad?
We sold Walker for 55M and got Aurier for 25M and rumored to be getting Moura for around the same.

Seems like people would be happier if we paid 50M for Aurier and 50M for Moura instead of breaking even on the pair.

Spending is spending. If I make a profit I've still spent money.
If you buy something you spend money.

Debt is unhealthy....I've even heard someone say our policy is unsustainable.
What the fuck?!

Also, I see a lot of ppl jizzing here about Malcom and I got curious. Called up a friend of mine who follows Ligue 1 very deeply. He said that it is obvious - he is nowhere ready to come to Spurs.

In order to come and stun the EPL, you have to first have to absolutely OWN the Ligue 1. See examples of Hazard (best player of the league by miles), Giroud (top scorer in previous season), Payet (assist-king and best player of previous season). Malcom is not even near dominating the league. So he might be worth a punt, for like in N'Koudou case or bit more, maybe for 20 mil. But 40 mil for a player who has only been able to show glimpses is madly out of the line of consistency. For 40 mil you can buy a very good established player. So if alternatives would be very well established Moura for 25 mil or occasionally good Malcom for 40 mil, than my choice is very-very simple - Moura.

And somehow profiting is bad?
We sold Walker for 55M and got Aurier for 25M and rumored to be getting Moura for around the same.

Seems like people would be happier if we paid 50M for Aurier and 50M for Moura instead of breaking even on the pair.

Spending is spending. If I make a profit I've still spent money.
If you buy something you spend money.

Debt is unhealthy....I've even heard someone say our policy is unsustainable.
What the fuck?!

WTF indeed. I was making exactly the opposite point.
Point being that the GROSS spending is absolutely irrelevant, only NET spending is relevant. While you were banging about that in this instance 7k would still be spending....

Back
Top Bottom