The Mighty Spurs - Swans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Swansea would struggle in the Championship. We will hammer them and I’d not be remotely surprised to see another Kane hat trick.

Kane doubtful for the game due to illness.

And if true firstly 4 days to recover but also a chance maybe for the returning Llorente.

Either way we need to show it is not just about Kane (Mostly though it is about Kane) - if anyone gets what I did there??

We just have to be ready for professional footballers wishing to show some pride.

Harder game than it was before the new manager's arrival

"Kane expected to be recovered by Tuesday"

"Mousa Dembele a doubt with injury"

"Victor Wanyama has trained!"

That's the SSN ticker from Poch's presser

"Kane expected to be recovered by Tuesday"

"Mousa Dembele a doubt with injury"

"Victor Wanyama has trained!"

That's the SSN ticker from Poch's presser
It's possible that Swansea could see a new manager bump for this game. Even without Kane it should be relatively easy though.

On paper we should win comfortably...but this the premier league we're talking about here.

Still, fairly confident that we will at least WIN, whether comfortably or not. Swansea haven't really had much about them this season at either end of the pitch, not sure whether the new manager can do much about their lack of quality in time for this one.

Dembele injured. Back to pre Pochettino Dembele.
Wanayama won’t start, sub at best.
So Dier and Winks, or Dier Sissoko.
Winks, is he fit enough or still troubled by that ankle injury which looks like it could a symptom of that injury on the touchline last season..
I’d go for Dier Sissoko.
If they play like they did v Liverpool we may have enough without Kane.
Yet play like they did at Wembley and we could suffer. Not much firepower with 15 of our league goals coming from Son, Eriksen and Ali and 18 from Kane.
Really should beat them they’ve won just 2 of their home games losing 6.
Fuck knows how they got a point at ours becuase they have only won 1 and lost 7 of their Away games.

I think "Dembele injury" is code for "saving him for West Ham"...
I don't expect us to go all 'Carling Cup' (Gazzaniga/Foyth/Sterling/Harrison) for this one... but it wouldn't surprise me if those who weren't 100% weren't risked.

Back
Top Bottom