Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All this may sound bonkers but in my life time it will happen...
City and Chelsea are being spoilt with rich owners that spend flippantly, spend regardless of lose. There is no risk in this strategy because money isn't a problem. People need to see the bigger picture here and stop criticising supporters who question the wrong, in very rich owners owning football clubs. Its ruining football as we know it.

They are openly buying success, only to establish themselves as super clubs, for the making of a super league.
The CL is the foundation for a super league. I feel this is closer than ever before. The financial clout of these clubs will create an upper tier that lesser clubs can only envy. THFC will need to become as City and Chelsea to compete-thats the reality of modern football whether we like it or not.
Its not an argument to suggest we would be accepting of a billionaire taking over so shouldn't moan about City.
City and Chelsea are pissing on the rest of us and soon from a great hight.
Let them. To be very honest, a league of spoiled, financially doped cunts wouldn’t upset me. There would be about 8 - 10 teams in it & they could go play their games in Qatar, Dubai & China for their “global audience”. Those clubs would die as football institutions the minute that happened. A mini league of globetrotters. Their “fans” would get to see 2-3 games a year & the corporates would swallow up the rest. The clubs would be begging to be allowed back in a revised premier league, the moment the novelty wore off. If that’s what it takes to stop the rot, fuck it. Let it happen.
I’d be happy watching Spurs whatever league we were in. There are about 88 clubs in English league football who would love to be where we are. As fans, there aren’t many who are more fortunate than us.

Listening to Sunday Supplement earlier (don't know why), and the hack fucks were gushing over City and deepthroating dear Pep as hard as they could, and then when it came to our 30 seconds they of course talked about how we were a shambles, and we should have had multiple red cards, and the wheels have come off since beating RM, and Pochettino doesn't beat the big teams away, etc. Then one of the cunts laid into Dele, calling him a disgrace, saying he hasn't done anything since coming to Spurs and if there was some proper football man like Roy Keane in that dressing room they would have a word with him.
At no point did any of those waste of air shitheads, even mention the ocean of financial gap between the two clubs or that Dele is just a kid who was bought for 5mil from league 1 and has already far exceeded the expectations on him after his transfer. Yes he is not in great form and yes his tackle on De Bruyne was bad and probably a sending off, but for fucks sake there is no need to keep singling out this guy as the scapegoat for our failures when the giant mammoth in the room is our lack of investment in the squad and our restrictive wage bill.

It could (a) be someone from City's lot, (b) be someone from United's lot, (c) be someone from our lot or (d) be nothing to do with football.

(a) is extremely unlikely, (b) not impossible but not very likely so best hope its (d)

Blame it on a Scouser (e)

:angryscouser:

Listening to Sunday Supplement earlier (don't know why), and the hack fucks were gushing over City and deepthroating dear Pep as hard as they could, and then when it came to our 30 seconds they of course talked about how we were a shambles, and we should have had multiple red cards, and the wheels have come off since beating RM, and Pochettino doesn't beat the big teams away, etc. Then one of the cunts laid into Dele, calling him a disgrace, saying he hasn't done anything since coming to Spurs and if there was some proper football man like Roy Keane in that dressing room they would have a word with him.
At no point did any of those waste of air shitheads, even mention the ocean of financial gap between the two clubs or that Dele is just a kid who was bought for 5mil from league 1 and has already far exceeded the expectations on him after his transfer. Yes he is not in great form and yes his tackle on De Bruyne was bad and probably a sending off, but for fucks sake there is no need to keep singling out this guy as the scapegoat for our failures when the giant mammoth in the room is our lack of investment in the squad and our restrictive wage bill.

Did they mention Kane getting kicked in the face?
As everyone seems to mention 2 red cards for spurs, but none for city.....:pochserious2:

I dont think that kick in the face was deliberate. Reckless maybe, but there was no intent there
It's a red card in every single aspect of the law:
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

"deliberate" doesn't even come into the decision making process.

Video of it here: Clippit

The word "deliberate" should be struck from the laws of the game.

It's utterly ridiculous, in every aspect, be it hand ball, foul play or whatever else as it requires the referee or subsequent panel to presume they know another person's precise state of mind and intention at a specific moment.

Did Martin Taylor genuinely intend to cripple Eduardo in this challenge? I doubt anyone would argue he should have stayed on the pitch...

Out voted on this one then. So fair enough. Although going by the letter of the law, as posted above, it seems, all overhead kicks should be outlawed.

If every overhead kick was within an inch of another player’s face, they would be.
Every overhead kick is a gamble that another players face aint on the end of it.. As you swing your leg you cant be sure whats coming in behind you. And ive been on the end of one on a couple of occasions

Every overhead kick is a gamble that another players face aint on the end of it.. As you swing your leg you cant be sure whats coming in behind you. And ive been on the end of one on a couple of occasions

It’s not every overhead kick. Off the top of my head, Ibra’s goal v England for example.

Overhead kicks are rare in top flight football precisely because of spacial awareness. More often than not the player is in space and doesn’t get penalised. If they kick someone in the head they’ll most likely get sent off.

Nothing in that suggests it has anything to do with us?

Unless someone’s gone and dug him out for being Jamaican how’s the conclusion made by the old Bill that this is a “racist” incident.

It might be an attack based purely on the fact he’s a bit of a cock end, no more / less than that ?

Being fair. Attacking the lad for any reason is not acceptable. But why does everything have to be tagged by the police ? Assault is assault.

The kick on Kane's face is a red card all day long. Ottamendi has full view of Kane trying to head it yet decides to raise his foot 6 feet and kick him in the head anyway. He knew what he was doing, just like Fernandinho did when going for Dembele's ankles within the first 2 mins.
All the talk though is about dirty Dele and Kane, and while yes they (especially Dele's) could have been reds, everyone glosses over a hard boot in the head ffs.
Had the red been served to Ottenmedi like it should, we probably wouldn't have seen those tackles from Dele and Kane.
I can't see how kicking someone in the head is less dangerous than what Sanchez got done for.

Blame it on a Scouser (eehee)

:angryscouser:
tumblr_n007zo7JJT1rsvzfjo1_500.gif

Let them. To be very honest, a league of spoiled, financially doped cunts wouldn’t upset me. There would be about 8 - 10 teams in it & they could go play their games in Qatar, Dubai & China for their “global audience”. Those clubs would die as football institutions the minute that happened. A mini league of globetrotters. Their “fans” would get to see 2-3 games a year & the corporates would swallow up the rest. The clubs would be begging to be allowed back in a revised premier league, the moment the novelty wore off. If that’s what it takes to stop the rot, fuck it. Let it happen.
I’d be happy watching Spurs whatever league we were in. There are about 88 clubs in English league football who would love to be where we are. As fans, there aren’t many who are more fortunate than us.
Or maybe influence to get rules changed that allow a second team to remain in the PL. I know Im making this up but anything can happen-money seems to shout in football.

Or maybe influence to get rules changed that allow a second team to remain in the PL. I know Im making this up but anything can happen-money seems to shout in football.
PL won’t allow its brand to be filled with second teams imo. There are plenty of clubs to fill the void. Teams like Leeds are bigger than City or Chelsea

Back
Top Bottom