Burnley away - 17:30 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich/Liverpool draw and us beating Burnley would be perfect.

I believe that would see us overtake all three teams.

I think our next 4 fixtures are very winnable and if we win them all, we'll see a very different looking table.

Old Trafford, Etihad, Emirates - three away stadiums we won't be playing at in the second half of the season. Strong end coming.

Last edited:
Woolwich are playing Liverpool on Friday night we're guaranteed to gain ground (overtake even) at least one of them

Assuming we win :kanehand:
giphy.gif

Whoever suggested we field Aurier, Sanchez, Jan and Ben as our backlinje has an automatic agree from me.

The 3 at the back seems to depend a lot on Toby directing traffic, so better to shift to a back 4 while he is out. And this also frees up Dier to play as a defensive midfielder, something we have lacked.

And I'm sorry but when Rose is on form he is great, but he clearly is not back in full swing and also seems to have his head screwed on wrong at times. Better to field Ben who has done a great job for all of the spring last year and the start of this season. Still use Rose obviously but we shouldn't rely on him as our given starting left back right now.

Woolwich/Liverpool draw and us beating Burnley would be perfect.

I believe that would see us overtake all three teams.

I think our next 4 fixtures are very winnable and if we win them all, we'll see a very different looking table.

Old Trafford, Etihad, Emirates - three away stadiums we won't be playing at in the second half of the season. Strong end coming.
The City result has destroyed our recovery before it really started. I expect us to lose three of the next five league games. The way some of our stars are playing suggests there are problems in the dressing room. I will be surprised if Poch is our manager at the start of next season. Pains me to say it... but the cracks have started to appear and they are fucken massive

The City result has destroyed our recovery before it really started. I expect us to lose three of the next five league games. The way some of our stars are playing suggests there are problems in the dressing room. I will be surprised if Poch is our manager at the start of next season. Pains me to say it... but the cracks have started to appear and they are fucken massive
as long as Poch delivers a good run in the CL and a challenging run at the FA cup I don't think Levy will send him off. he wants some certainty in our first season at NWHL, not Hoddle as caretaker

as long as Poch delivers a good run in the CL and a challenging run at the FA cup I don't think Levy will send him off. he wants some certainty in our first season at NWHL, not Hoddle as caretaker
I’m amazed Hoddle is still fannying around the game. The English have forgotten his beliefs. Unsurprisingly, in many respects, I suppose

I know these messages are meant in a motivating and positive way, but they only conceded 12 goals so far. Eriksen will shy out of tackles if he should start.

I don't see more than a draw to be honest.
Dunno, I feel like the team will be motivated to put City behind them, and with a full week of training I think the boys will be locked in. 0-3 to start the Christmas period sounds right.

Well, Fat Sam’s been spoken for, so we’re fucked :kanehand:

Or perhaps not.... :harrysmile:

I don't fear that they'll beat us. Our defence should quite comfortably keep their best attack out in all honesty

Frustrate us and be defensively excellent for sure. Their goalkeeper Nick Pope has about 8 cleansheets in 15 games this season which is ridiculous and Tarkowski has been one of the best defenders this season and definitely in line for an England call up.

Another team that we have a rivalry with after beating them in the 1962 Cup Final.!
Missed yesterday's game which probably has reduced the pain. Just have reports and MOD to go on. As soon as Sanchez was confirmed suspended I really saw no result but a defeat. Surprised and pleased that Vertonghen did not pick up a yellow for conceding a penalty and no red cards although thought MC should have had one for the kick on Kane. Therefore difficult to pick the team not seeing the match but it will be difficult with everyone rested midweek. We need to revert to a proper DM and until Wanyama ready to start Dier must play there. Sanchez will be back and unless going to risk Foyth then play back 4. Trippier clearly had a mare but Aurier makes me nervous when under pressure. Davies should play this one. What to do with Dele is a difficult one. He will not improve by not playing but if Lamela playing better he has to get a chance. Son must play. Heard reports about Dembele and Winks playing poorly. Winks maybe lost confidence but Dembele should be less affected by lack of confidence and it is between him and Dele for the position next to Dier.
LLoris
Aurier/trippier Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Dier Dembele/dele
Lamela, Eriksen Son
Kane

They should be without Tarkowski for this one, after his blatant elbow yesterday, as long as the fa do their job then that will be a big miss for their backline.

0-2 spurs. Similar game to turf moor last season, I think we'll struggle but break them down in the last 20-25 mins

Not in the least confident about this game, it would be disastrous if they win, 7th place would be cemented for a while at least.

I'm just going to :avbpray:

Back
Top Bottom