Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive been waiting for Lamela to return so looonngg. Explain to me why is he not taking corners? Is he lost it? Is everybody just forget he is our best taker?
Also for the second goal, never imagined Son would score a goal like that. Did he and Eriksen talk about it? Or is he just tired of Eriksen setpieces never get past first person?

This whole game is painful too watch. I enjoy game against Leicester a lot more. But yeah 3 points anyday.
The entire team seems like they are already cautious for a Citys counter attack.
One thing is for sure, if Kane played like he did tonight on Sunday we stand no chance. Our defending looks shamble too. Cant believe this is the night we finally get another clean sheet.

Dele plays really well, bringing that urgency and vision into the game.
Now, which fullbacks do we play against City?

Recall Onomah and sell Sissoko at any price to anyone fool enough to buy him. He offers absolutely nothing. Whenever someone passes to him, wherever he is on the field, you wish it was someone else on the ball. That's an awful thing to say about someone in our starting XI

Just broke the record for most consecutive league wins too.

(something Guardiola holds in every league he's managed in)
That’s good
He could afford to leave an on form goal scorer on the bench at Barca and freeze him out.
Last year his defence wasn’t up too much so he goes out and purchase the best full backs in their respective leagues for £97m lus a back up right back for £30m and £36m on another keeper. Despite not selling Hart or even Mangala ( who they paid £25m for) . Oh the joy of not having to shift before you buy.
Despite goals and creativity not really being a problem, he also goes out and buys One of the best AM in Silva for £45m plus still have the cash to buy a couple of promising kids for £20m and loan them out
He’s a decent coach but he’s a top team coach. I would be too my life savings he couldn’t do it at Liverpool.
He’s a giant coach like Mourihno, butnwith a better philosophy.
When you think Pellegrini won a title in his first season spending less than Pep he failed dramatically last year.
He just spent until he got it right. If he had to sell to buy and had a wage structure he’d struggle.
He wouldn’t go to a club who weren’t in the elite of their leagues or have the financial clout.
his rep would suffer.
He has a one in 3 chance of a title with City yet has a financial advantage. Even over Man Utd.
Walker will probably win a league title medal this season. He probably wouldn’t with us
Is he suddenly a better RB than he was last year. Has Pep improved hiim.
Like Pep, he now has a better chance. Why, lots of quality players, why, more money to buy and pay.

I also hate to say this but I fear we are going to get a spanking by City. Dier and Vertonghen won’t cope becuase we won’t have enough in midfield to stop them getting behind.
I haven’t seen the same tenacity from us this season the players haven’t been all fit and together long enough. We have been sloppy a lot too. IMO the only chance we have is to sit deep and hit on the break, but it’s not Pochettinos style.
You never know with this team though.

Last edited:
Recall Onomah and sell Sissoko at any price to anyone fool enough to buy him. He offers absolutely nothing. Whenever someone passes to him, wherever he is on the field, you wish it was someone else on the ball. That's an awful thing to say about someone in our starting XI
The best description I could make of him is that he plays like a youth product making his first couple of appearances.

Which is fucking insane for a 28 year old French international.

Ive been waiting for Lamela to return so looonngg. Explain to me why is he not taking corners? Is he lost it? Is everybody just forget he is our best taker?
Also for the second goal, never imagined Son would score a goal like that. Did he and Eriksen talk about it? Or is he just tired of Eriksen setpieces never get past first person?

This whole game is painful too watch. I enjoy game against Leicester a lot more. But yeah 3 points anyday.
The entire team seems like they are already cautious for a Citys counter attack.
One thing is for sure, if Kane played like he did tonight on Sunday we stand no chance. Our defending looks shamble too. Cant believe this is the night we finally get another clean sheet.

Dele plays really well, bringing that urgency and vision into the game.
Now, which fullbacks do we play against City?

If Kane plays on Sunday we will definitely lose, seeing as we're playing Saturday.
:sneaky:

Rose was a fat lazy shit today btw. Fuck all running. Fuck all movement.
He was blowing out his arse in the second half. At one point he watched Dele isolated by himself in the top corner then stood by as Brighton broke... was pretty annoyed at that.

He was blowing out his arse in the second half. At one point he watched Dele isolated by himself in the top corner then stood by as Brighton broke... was pretty annoyed at that.
I’m probably being harsh as it was a difficult match and the whole team strugggled at times, but there’s none of the zip, energy, pace and enthusiasm that made him so critical for us over the past two years. He does still look like a fat shit.

That’s good
He could afford to leave an on form goal scorer on the bench at Barca and freeze him out.
Last year his defence wasn’t up too much so he goes out and purchase the best full backs in their respective leagues for £97m lus a back up right back for £30m and £36m on another keeper. Despite not selling Hart or even Mangala ( who they paid £25m for) . Oh the joy of not having to shift before you buy.
Despite goals and creativity not really being a problem, he also goes out and buys One of the best AM in Silva for £45m plus still have the cash to buy a couple of promising kids for £20m and loan them out
He’s a decent coach but he’s a top team coach. I would be too my life savings he couldn’t do it at Liverpool.
He’s a giant coach like Mourihno, butnwith a better philosophy.
When you think Pellegrini won a title in his first season spending less than Pep he failed dramatically last year.
He just spent until he got it right. If he had to sell to buy and had a wage structure he’d struggle.
He wouldn’t go to a club who weren’t in the elite of their leagues or have the financial clout.
his rep would suffer.
He has a one in 3 chance of a title with City yet has a financial advantage. Even over Man Utd.
Walker will probably win a league title medal this season. He probably wouldn’t with us
Is he suddenly a better RB than he was last year. Has Pep improved hiim.
Like Pep, he now has a better chance. Why, lots of quality players, why, more money to buy and pay.

I also hate to say this but I fear we are going to get a spanking by City. Dier and Vertonghen won’t cope becuase we won’t have enough in midfield to stop them getting behind.
I haven’t seen the same tenacity from us this season the players haven’t been all fit and together long enough. We have been sloppy a lot too. IMO the only chance we have is to sit deep and hit on the break, but it’s not Pochettinos style.
You never know with this team though.

Fraudiola will go to PSG next , he'll never prove himself to me until he does something with a team without the odds totally in their favour.

I’m probably being harsh as it was a difficult match and the whole team strugggled at times, but there’s none of the zip, energy, pace and enthusiasm that made him so critical for us over the past two years. He does still look like a fat shit.
He didn't look happy, that's for sure.

The other day it was said on Sky thatbSpurs can’t win ugly, A sign of a good team......

Yet the narrative on the Is result won’t be Spurs win ugly, grind out a 2-0 not playing thier best and that’s sign of a good team
Anyone got sky sports app go to the report on us
Scrappy win
Then spurs win with two fortunate goals.
The sign of a good team winning when not at their best, gringding out results, now as predicted not mentioned

Then look at Liverpool’s

Back
Top Bottom