January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has pretty much confirmed we are in for homegrown players.
Barkley, Zaha, Shaw, Sessengon..
Barkley hasn’t kicked a ball for some time now, any news on his injury?
I already stated that I don’t want Zaha and the reasons why
I’d like Shaw, we throw the “Poch can work wonders with X” far too easily, but Shaw is really someone Poch can do it.
Sessengnon will be a Dele scenario anyway where he stays with Fulham to the end of the season

I’d like Shaw, we throw the “Poch can work wonders with X” far too easily, but Shaw is really someone Poch can do it.
Sessengnon will be a Dele scenario anyway where he stays with Fulham to the end of the season
No to Zaha but yes to Shaw. Gimme that weed bro must be good

The fact that plenty on here moan that Levy needs to loosen the purse strings and pay our top players £150k+ pw, whilst also going out and spending £50m+ on new players. There is no magic money tree, our spending is in line with our generated revenue streams and we’re not bankrolled by an oligarch or middle eastern state. Also the small matter of a £800m+ stadium is being built. The fact that we’re doing as well as we are whilst this is going on should be commended and not have media voices trying to sell off our best players because we don’t pay them enough.
The one thing “we” need to be careful about is chucking in the new stadium and paying for it as an excuse. The reason we are building a new stadium is to generate the revenue to support a higher wage bill, the literally is no other reason why we are doing it. IMO the paying for a new stadium is a Woolwich thing, we’ve been told why it’s being built and I would be pissed off if we wait 10yrs before we start paying higher wages (I’m realistic to know we will still be behind City, Man U but the financial deficit would have reduced and bought as closer to Liverpool, ultimately we should be more competitive in the market).

Sessegnon should have been Dele scenario in the Summer but he went and signed a new contract so it would need big money to sign him so I think the boat might have sailed on him now.

Whatever interest we had in Zaha has finished I think. He's on big money at Crystal Palace and that's where he'll stay I think, unless they go down. He's the ultimate example of a player happier being a big fish in a small pond. There's no chance they'd sell him in January anyway.

Barkley is difficult to call with the state Everton's in. I think he'd because useful addition to our squad personally and an upgrade on Lamela to provide more competition to Eriksen and Alli and be an option in CM. We could shift Lamela on to an Italian club - there doesn't seem to be an new contract offer on the table so something has to happen with him either in January or the Summer. Either he gets a new contract or is sold.

I think Rose is gonna start gobbing off big time the moment the window opens so I don't think we'll have choice but to shift him and it'll probably mean Shaw coming the other way.

Poch has pretty much confirmed we are in for homegrown players.
Barkley, Zaha, Shaw, Sessengon..

Barkley: if you can get him fit then yes, good player but will need Poch magic.

Zaha: love this guy, so stong and quick on the ball, type of player who can help unpick teams that sit back by beating a few players in tight spaces. Type of player we don’t have.

Shaw: if Rose goes not against it, Pochettino Shaw is a top quality left back.

Sessegnon: yes please, guy could be a real real star although his future is in attack not at left back.

Could do worse??

Woolwich striker Olivier Giroud, 31, has revealed he will consider leaving the Emirates to boost his chances of being selected in France's World Cup squad. Everton and West Ham have been linked. (Sun)

However Arsene Wenger insists Giroud will not be sold in January as he looks to give the striker more Premier League minutes, (Independent)

Barkley: if you can get him fit then yes, good player but will need Poch magic.

Zaha: love this guy, so stong and quick on the ball, type of player who can help unpick teams that sit back by beating a few players in tight spaces. Type of player we don’t have.

Shaw: if Rose goes not against it, Pochettino Shaw is a top quality left back.

Sessegnon: yes please, guy could be a real real star although his future is in attack not at left back.
I don't get the love in for Zaha, he's already demonstrated his level is as the best player at a bottom-half club. A glimpse at any metrics and it's clear that Lamela just absolutely shits all over this guy for the past few years - a healthy Lamela >>> Zaha. Creates chances per 90 at a 2-1 rate.

There's no reason to throw money at a player neither as good, nor younger, than what we've already got. If we need another attacking player, find someone better, younger, and more interesting than Zaha who has already shown his level. In terms of our pay structure, Zaha should be on £60k - he ain't coming for that.

Saw a couple of reports from people who attended the 'Fan Forum' Q&A with Levy, Poch, and Hugo (just like last years). A video without any stupid questions/awkward answers will be uploaded soon enough on the OS.

The question of signing Bale came up again, apparently met with a laugh by Poch and Levy but saying nothing. Not entirely unlike Poch's response at the weekend when asked about it.

You don't think... Surely not?
:deledoubt:

Some muppet over on SC says that deals for two players younger than 20 have been completed already. One from england and the other from holland. The english player could potentially be sessegnon whilst the masses over there seem to think the bloke in holland is kluivert at ajax. Think it's all bullshit tbh because these are the same cunts who said we were bringing in a pacy winger during the summer window.

I think anything big will be next summer but I'd like to see us go for martins at sporting or back in for lemar at monaco

Could do worse??

Woolwich striker Olivier Giroud, 31, has revealed he will consider leaving the Emirates to boost his chances of being selected in France's World Cup squad. Everton and West Ham have been linked. (Sun)

However Arsene Wenger insists Giroud will not be sold in January as he looks to give the striker more Premier League minutes, (Independent)
he can shit off back to france

Some muppet over on SC says that deals for two players younger than 20 have been completed already. One from england and the other from holland. The english player could potentially be sessegnon whilst the masses over there seem to think the bloke in holland is kluivert at ajax. Think it's all bullshit tbh because these are the same cunts who said we were bringing in a pacy winger during the summer window.

I think anything big will be next summer but I'd like to see us go for martins at sporting or back in for lemar at monaco
Nice avatar, the hands should be on her tits though!

I don't get the love in for Zaha, he's already demonstrated his level is as the best player at a bottom-half club. A glimpse at any metrics and it's clear that Lamela just absolutely shits all over this guy for the past few years - a healthy Lamela >>> Zaha. Creates chances per 90 at a 2-1 rate.

There's no reason to throw money at a player neither as good, nor younger, than what we've already got. If we need another attacking player, find someone better, younger, and more interesting than Zaha who has already shown his level. In terms of our pay structure, Zaha should be on £60k - he ain't coming for that.

Agreed. All a bit Siggy imo.

No parked buses to deal with at Palace.

He can stay where he is and keep stinking up the Emirates.

Does a good job for them... They wont replace him as 2nd striker with any better... Letting him go weakens them.

If he wasn't a twat and a Goon, i'd say get him, but he'd be no better off here than at the death star.

Could do worse??
The fact he's linked with West ham and Everton gives you your answer

Could do worse??

No thanks. Not good enough an improvement to remove the shit stains from him

Back
Top Bottom