January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why does Dele start ''end of''? Like every player in the squad he should be selected on form and fitness. Sending out that message is what creates coasting and complacency.

Son is in far, far superior form yet he's far from starting ''end of''.

Just my opinion but basically fed up with Sammy’s anti Alli rants

“End of” means just that

I don’t think Poch would stand for complacency either and his continued selection of Alli speaks volumes about his form and fitness

Yes he can play better which I’ve said but still good enough so let’s trust Poch on this one

Sonny playing well I agree but “far, far superior form”????

They’re different players bringing different values to our side

I don't get the love in for Zaha, he's already demonstrated his level is as the best player at a bottom-half club. A glimpse at any metrics and it's clear that Lamela just absolutely shits all over this guy for the past few years - a healthy Lamela >>> Zaha. Creates chances per 90 at a 2-1 rate.

There's no reason to throw money at a player neither as good, nor younger, than what we've already got. If we need another attacking player, find someone better, younger, and more interesting than Zaha who has already shown his level. In terms of our pay structure, Zaha should be on £60k - he ain't coming for that.

Maybe he ain’t coming but I think he is a good player, should be in a top 6 team, he is nothing like Lamela who is a creative number 10, he is an out and out winger who can take players on in tight spaces which is something we lack.

The only player we have of a similar ilk is Nkouduo who ain’t good enough. Zaha or not we lack that type of player.

Could do worse??

Woolwich striker Olivier Giroud, 31, has revealed he will consider leaving the Emirates to boost his chances of being selected in France's World Cup squad. Everton and West Ham have been linked. (Sun)

However Arsene Wenger insists Giroud will not be sold in January as he looks to give the striker more Premier League minutes, (Independent)

I do rate Giroud but he a Woolwich player, will never happen.

I'm not sure he's MUCH better than Llorente to be honest. Would Giroud have scored more goals than Llorente at Swansea last year, maybe one or two, but not much in it. He's younger, sure, but talent-wise, there's no massive gulf.

Llorente over a season, starting all games at Spurs may score 20 goals.

I'd love to see us signing a few more prospects to be honest. Lamela and Son should now get a run of games, I'm not sure I want Zaha coming in and decreasing game time for either of those two, especially as we so often play wing backs, and have four of them.

I'm also not sure I'd sign another big money DM, when we have one of the best in Wanyama, Dier and now Winks. I'd rather go with some young prospects at DM, a winger and an AM. Our scouts must have some options on the radar - if 2 out of 3 came good, that would be great business.

Maybe he ain’t coming but I think he is a good player, should be in a top 6 team, he is nothing like Lamela who is a creative number 10, he is an out and out winger who can take players on in tight spaces which is something we lack.

The only player we have of a similar ilk is Nkouduo who ain’t good enough. Zaha or not we lack that type of player.

We dont play with wingers tho....

I dont see him making 1st XI for any of the
so called big 6.

As for depth, give me Son or Lamella any day of the week.

We dont play with wingers tho....

I dont see him making 1st XI for any of the
so called big 6.

As for depth, give me Son or Lamella any day of the week.
I think we don't play with wingers because Nkoudou and Njie etc haven't worked out.

Zaha is literally one of the best at what we lack- pace and dribbling ability.

He has balls too, regularly takes matters into his own hands vs the top 6.

I think we don't play with wingers because Nkoudou and Njie etc haven't worked out.

....Or just not good enough to be shaped into the attacking MFs we'd hoped they'd be?

...Esp. Njie.... He was clearly bought for goals!

Last winger we deployed as such was Lennon.

"Literally"???? :pochshock:

Besides, we struggle against deep packed defenses with little or no space to dribble into - Pace won't help that.

Only twats that can't defend like Scum & Pool.

He doesn't even shine regularly for CP like Siggy did at Swansea.... 1 in 4/5 games kinda player. Inconsistent and starting most games on the bench wont do anything to improve that.

It will take a shit load of fee and wages to prise him away from CP - not woth it.

Play Sonny & Erik

Last edited:
I'd love to see us signing a few more prospects to be honest. Lamela and Son should now get a run of games, I'm not sure I want Zaha coming in and decreasing game time for either of those two, especially as we so often play wing backs, and have four of them.

I'm also not sure I'd sign another big money DM, when we have one of the best in Wanyama, Dier and now Winks. I'd rather go with some young prospects at DM, a winger and an AM. Our scouts must have some options on the radar - if 2 out of 3 came good, that would be great business.
Unless they're top quality we really don't need anymore CMs brought in due to the shear amount that we have at youth level. We still have Onomah then TOB, Skipp and Maghoma at the least. There's no point buying more prospects when these guys are already up there with the best CM prospects going around.

None of which have shown any interest in him. He's where he belongs, because the reality is he just isn't good enough. Fuck, he's not even showing himself to be consistently better than Townsend - and we've driven that car before.

Tbh i don't think there is a glaring need for anyone unless they are an outright improvement on who we already have... I know things have felt a bit threadbare at times (e.g. currently at CB) but we are ACTUALLY in the process of proving that our depth IS generally good enough.

Take a look at our full squad and tell me adding any more bodies won't cause problems keeping the likes of Son, Lamella and Dier/Vic and Foyth fit when evryones fit....?

Im sure well make a few moves in the summer so content enough to be patient and trust Poch/Levy.

Lookng fwd to the disagrees from likes of John Thomas John Thomas .... Hit me up, kiddies!

:dembelefingers:

Lookng fwd to the disagrees from likes of John Thomas John Thomas .... Hit me up, kiddies!

:dembelefingers:
You're a strange case,tbf.
Cry like a baby if anyone does dare to disagree with any of the garbage you put on here.
But use the x button yourself more than anyone else other than arcspace.
Each to their own, my friend. Each to their own

Last edited:

One of many reasons Zaha looks good at palace is because not a lot of teams park the bus playing palace, in fact I can't recall seeing any team doing that against a palace team?
Not sure how good he would look playing against a team that did.....

Back
Top Bottom