January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FFS enough with the fucking Alli bullshit.

Keep it in the Alli thread if you have to discuss him.

There is 0 need to discuss him in every other thread in regard to this team.

For the sake of the rest of us please just fucking drop it.

The rest of "us"......as in the 50 other people also talking about Dele Alli in here

We need two more players at least for my liking. A Dembele type person in midfield and another speedy, close control head up number 10 to give us real options. Bernardo Silva would have been a darling if we had got him. We need one like him for our high defensive line to flourish.

Bernardo Silva and Leon Goretzka would be perfect in my opinion

Sessegnon to replace Rose cherry on top of the cake

why the fuck Bernardo Silva went to City to sit on the bench is beyond me, that's the modern day footballer for you.

Meltdowns are for the people who go through life genuinely believeing that pressing disagree 75 times on the internet actually matters
or people who quit the board in a self imposed sea of drama because everyone disagrees with their cockeyed way of looking at things

and then come back

and go again

and then come back.............again

to keep making the same point

:)

why the fuck Bernardo Silva went to City to sit on the bench is beyond me, that's the modern day footballer for you.
playing devils advocate he is David Silva's replacement who is kicking on a bit and normally misses a few with injuries. He has probably been told one season settling in and then taking over the responsibility (will have a Prem winners medal this year). Last year you would be saying the same about Sane, why come to sit on the bench.

Do you think we play a front three?
Yes or No.

If Yes, fuck off and ask pipes why he's talking shit
If no, start watching Spurs

Either way, no one is forcing you to reply to me, so everyone, stop quoting me, or put me on ignore, or be better at voting me into the bin.

I’m not arguing whether we play a front three or not

I’m saying Alli starts

End of

Now fuck off and have a lie down for 6 months again

I’m not arguing whether we play a front three or not

I’m saying Alli starts

End of

Now fuck off and have a lie down for 6 months again
Why does Dele start ''end of''? Like every player in the squad he should be selected on form and fitness. Sending out that message is what creates coasting and complacency.

Son is in far, far superior form yet he's far from starting ''end of''.

Last edited:
You just said 'good piece of analysis' and out a picture of Jamie Redknapp in there! :levylol:

And Ian Wright!
It’s not all bad - Redknapps narrative is - if we play our cards correctly over the next couple of years - we will become a really force. An elite club with longevity. But he worries that our wage structure will prevent this from coming to fruition.

Point being - Alderwierald, Kane, Ali, Eriksen - most of the squad in fact - could be earning far superior salries else where and will envitably leave unless we readjust the wage structure.

And Ian Wright!
It’s not all bad - Redknapps narrative is - if we play our cards correctly over the next couple of years - we will become a really force. An elite club with longevity. But he worries that our wage structure will prevent this from coming to fruition.

Point being - Alderwierald, Kane, Ali, Eriksen - most of the squad in fact - could be earning far superior salries else where and will envitably leave unless we readjust the wage structure.
Which is what every pundit has been saying for 2 years now.

Good piece of analysis about our wage structure here:

There is NO analysis in that at all, unless "just pay the going rate" counts. Would love to hear these cunts at least acknowledge the question of revenue before even mentioning paying wages. Yeah it's as boring as fuck, but why doesn't Chrystal Palace just "pay the going rate", why doesn't Palace buy Garath Bale and pay him £330k per week if it's as easy as that?

This is so fucking boring now, yet still the drum beats out the same tune year after year, month after month, week after week, game after game. The only thing that's happened is for the past three years we have sold one player, does that really warrant the amount of press on this subject when it comes to Spurs?

GIF1.gif

There is NO analysis in that at all, unless "just pay the going rate" counts. Would love to hear these cunts at least acknowledge the question of revenue before even mentioning paying wages. Yeah it's as boring as fuck, but why doesn't Chrystal Palace just "pay the going rate", why doesn't Palace buy Garath Bale and pay him £330k per week if it's as easy as that?

This is so fucking boring now, yet still the drum beats out the same tune year after year, month after month, week after week, game after game. The only thing that's happened is for the past three years we have sold one player, does that really warrant the amount of press on this subject when it comes to Spurs?

The fact that plenty on here moan that Levy needs to loosen the purse strings and pay our top players £150k+ pw, whilst also going out and spending £50m+ on new players. There is no magic money tree, our spending is in line with our generated revenue streams and we’re not bankrolled by an oligarch or middle eastern state. Also the small matter of a £800m+ stadium is being built. The fact that we’re doing as well as we are whilst this is going on should be commended and not have media voices trying to sell off our best players because we don’t pay them enough.

Back
Top Bottom