Refs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I firmly believe you were, yes.
I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion, just so happens yours is hogwash.
If we were on drugs do you not think we'd have manged the same the following season, instead we did well in the CL (where were you, w kept waiting?) whilst our league form suffered.

We're not that far behind you at the moment ;)

Do people on here seriously believe we were on drugs?
deluded if so
I didn’t say that. Does it worry you? As I said, it’s done now. I’m not arsed if you were because if it ever came to light & you were stripped of the title, it would go to those nomad cunts anyway by default. Then any “bottled it” claims may well hold water after the Newcastle surrender when the players decided to turn up in their flip flops.

It’s remarkable that we are probably in our worst spell of league form in 3-4 years, have no home ground this season & you’re still behind us with no European football to worry about. ;)

So it’s wasn’t a two horse race then was it.
Woolwich bottled the league.
As you said, we were never at the top. Never in a position to bottle it.
They were.
How could we bottle the league We were only relaistic challengers to you, in March wasn’t it.
What pissed me off was Chelsea players going on TV and saying they wanted you to win and they still had to play both of us. It could have come down to you needing points from your last game against them if you’d have had a couple of losses.
Then you had managers like Pulis whos team two days earlier had rolled over for Woolwich(did you see their performance at the emirates)and then pre match v Us says he owes it to Leicester and the PL to put in a great performance tonight. They then play out of their skin against us.
They saved themselves for that match.

Can’t have it both ways.
If we were never in the race for the title, which we weren’t, we couldn’t have bottled the title or came third in a two horse race.
Nice to see that chant still rankles.
You were second longer than any other team though weren't you?
Woolwich thought they'd won it when they beat us at their place, in fact the two defeats to them are probably what won us the title, the home defeat led to us going to proper fullbacks instead o wing backs and at their place their celebrations wound us up so much than we went on a run whereas they lost.

I didn’t say that. Does it worry you? As I said, it’s done now. I’m not arsed if you were because if it ever came to light & you were stripped of the title, it would go to those nomad cunts anyway by default. Then any “bottled it” claims may well hold water after the Newcastle surrender when the players decided to turn up in their flip flops.

It’s remarkable that we are probably in our worst spell of league form in 3-4 years, have no home ground this season & you’re still behind us with no European football to worry about. ;)
Catching you up though, but I'm not seriously expecting us to end above you unless we sign some serious improvements in January. I certainly won't be singing 'We're coming for you' and making an arse of myself.

Are you for real?
We beat you by 11 points
So it wasn’t a two horse race?
As you said we were never at the top of the table. We became the only realistic challengers to you in February wasn’t it?
So how could we bottle the league. A league we were never in a position to win.
Woolwich were though.
They bottled it.
Your fans can’t have it both ways.
What pissed me off was Chelsea manager and players publicly stating , Fabregas on Sky football as a pundit, that they wanted you to win. They still had to play us and you. The game against them could have been a must win game for you, if you’d slipped up.
Also Pulis pissed me off. His team came to London to play Woolwich and us in the space of 3 days. They completely rolled over for Woolwich( did you see it) . Then pre match on Sky v Us Pulis say he owes it to Leicester, and the PL, to put in their best performance. They then play like a Pulis team, play out of their skin. They saved it for us. Didn’t put half as much effort into the previous game.
Those 3 points they gave Woolwich, combined with us on the beach v Newcastle, enabled them to finish 2nd.

You cannot deny that we were billed the pantomime villains. You had all the goodwill.
You had 18 penalties. Wasn’t that double the amount of anyone else?

There was outcry when a ref had the audacity to actually pull Vardy up for diving.
How dare he.
Vardy doesn’t do that. He does purposely do that put leg across body thing( although he tried it against us last year)
How dare he penalise Morgan for pulling and give a penalty, against us!
Huth got away with forearm smash on Reid in the same game though ( didn’t you score from that) v West Ham when he should have been off and you should have lost but for a dive by Schlupp.
Moss made the right calls, but then bottled it. the outcry from your fans when you we’re losing - even started abusing West Ham’s owner & family.
He probably didn’t expect them to go into the lead 2 minutes after.
Moss pictures himself spread over the back pages; the man who derails the fairytale and Schlupp manipulates some semblance of contact, dives and Moss caves in.
Bottled it..

I congratulate you on winning the league. We just happened to be the latecomers, the only ones who could have caught you. We then started to get TV games. Usually scheduled so as then pressure was on us.
Made the villains who could ruin what everyone and their dog wants.
There was no doubt in my mind the Chelsea game was a culmination of that. Snide cunts like Fabregas and Costa winding players up. Niglgling kicking and whispering.
Truth is we had no chance. It was well gone. Gone when we took 1 point from the consecutive London derbies in March.
Definitely over when we drew with Brom before the Chelsea game.
We had two games left after that.
Clattenburg couldn’t have stopped us winning the league.
If we would have beaten them won the next two we still would have been 6 points behind
He’s a twat in a wig.
He’s not obviously lying. If he saw red card offences and didn’t act he shouldn’t be a ref.

If he did see them then Dembele shouldn’t have got a ban.
If he’s saying he didn’t want to be the villain who ended our dreams by sending players off
Thank fuck didn’t officiate any games where a team needed to win to secure a title.

We could have nicked it at the end of that game.
I bet he’s wouldnt be saying he didn’t send players off purposely then.

Last edited:
Catching you up though, but I'm not seriously expecting us to end above you unless we sign some serious improvements in January. I certainly won't be singing 'We're coming for you' and making an arse of myself.
Na, you do that by posting on other teams forums about how you aren't far off us. :dembelelol:

So when you finish below us we'll have a nice chuckle about how you bottled it.
I dont know why some people cant just fucking drop it.

Leicester were the better team that season and rightly won the league.

Its embarassing considering how far behind them we eventually finished to suggest we were in any way better than them is just fucking stupid.
They have a nice full trophey cabinet and we dont.

Lets look to the future instead of keep bringing this bizare rivalry up.

No. You’re coming onto a Spurs forum crowing that “we’re catching you up” & certainly making an arse of yourself.
:vertna:

I cannot fathom that two years after the fact now, you've made your way over here? I'm not arsed about Leicester now all has been said and done a long time ago.

There is no reason to get into dialogue anymore.

Unlikely. Your drug supply went south once it became blatantly obvious. Your club has no future that doesn’t include the word ‘irrelevant’ in it. Catching us up? The only thing your club will be catching will be flu due to your weakened immune system after all of the drugs your players clearly binged upon during your magical fairytale season.

Unlikely. Your drug supply went south once it became blatantly obvious. Your club has no future that doesn’t include the word ‘irrelevant’ in it. Catching us up? The only thing your club will be catching will be flu due to your weakened immune system after all of the drugs your players clearly binged upon during your magical fairytale season.
deluded and bitter but entertaining

So it wasn’t a two horse race?

We then started to get TV games. Usually scheduled so as then pressure was on us.
We weren't on the TV?
They showed both teams games for the final run-in, we just happened to play before you, not sure how the schedule put more pressure on you than us.

Oh why don't you just fuck off!

You're not going to us, nothing to anybody really. You had your momentum the sun, it's over now. Within a season or two you'll be in the Championship.

For Fox Sake, why are you even on here? Is your club so shite and dull they don't even have their own forums?

I don't get it.

Are you seriously saying we were on drugs?? I might have taken a few tablets during our winning run but I'm certain our players didn't. We won fair and square that year through skill and, let's face it, determination (which we had in spades). You say you don't care anymore - well ditto - we won the league and that makes me happy! If we were rubbish before and after - well I don't give a flying f*rt about that either. Why some ref feels the need to bring this up nearly two years after the event I don't know but - as you say - you don't care about us - and we don't care about you (although it was fun to beat you last Tuesday!)

Back
Top Bottom