Refs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still don't understand why UEFA are still bothering with assistants behind the goal lines. Every time there is a decision that might involve them, they seem to shrug their shoulders and let the ref decide!!

I did think Michael Oliver reffed the manc derby really well yesterday, it seems that most of the fans watching don't understand the rules or realise when a ref has noticed something and allows the game to flow, going back to a yellow card when play stops

Don't think much about his bit on the side, call herself a Spurs supporter? She should hang her head in shame. Clattenburg is a dipstick of the first order.
I guess there's a chance she is...
478E5CB000000578-0-image-m-15_1514111748622.jpg

Come to think of it, I reckon she's done this deliberately... it's revenge sex!

She probably waited until he was on top of her... happily thrusting away... before shoving this photo in his smug face and screaming:
wpid-article-1322141344916-01f865d10000044d-241885_636x300.jpg

"IS IT FUCKING IN YET?"

Last edited:
Thought the ref was a disgrace tonight how Toby gets a yellow card on, 20 minutes for barely a foul is incredible followed by pique rolling around for 5 minutes then not leaving the field but actually taking the free kick. Every marginal decision went to barca. Personally thought he was the worst ref I seen at a home spurs game in the last 10 years.

He was shocking in the first half.

Can't really remember anything mind blowing in the second half to be honest.

Thought the ref was a disgrace tonight how Toby gets a yellow card on, 20 minutes for barely a foul is incredible followed by pique rolling around for 5 minutes then not leaving the field but actually taking the free kick. Every marginal decision went to barca. Personally thought he was the worst ref I seen at a home spurs game in the last 10 years.

It was the Piqué one that got me. As you say, they got every 50/50 decision, but to blantantly get a rule wrong underlines his ineptitude.

I've said it before on here, most continental refs are shite.
They fall for the diving, the rolling around, the feigned injuries. the slightest touch and a player goes down it's a free kick straight away.
It's bollocks

I've said it before on here, most continental refs are shite.
They fall for the diving, the rolling around, the feigned injuries. the slightest touch and a player goes down it's a free kick straight away.
It's bollocks
They are shite - but the thing is, that's the standard from continental refs. It shouldn't be a surprise to us. Premier League refs are a lot more lenient with the soft fouls and prefer to let the game flow on much more. The problem is that teams like Barca know exactly how to make the refereeing work in their favour - they're used to it, they deal with it every week. Our team on the other hand are very much used to English refereeing, and can't just change the way they play to adapt to it like a flick of a switch. So when we come up against a ref like the one last night, we get screwed by it and we end up with angry players and fans.

It was the Piqué one that got me. As you say, they got every 50/50 decision, but to blantantly get a rule wrong underlines his ineptitude.

I think Kane was booked for the 'foul' on Pique - They changed the rule so that if a player receives treatment from a foul that leads to a yellow card he no longer has to go off. Ref was terrible throughout though - The amount of foul throws were laughable.

Barca still pulling out the La Liga dark arts despite all their ability. Suarez, Busquets, Pique and that No 2.

Face holding, salmon leaping cunts.

In this country, you try that shit and there is a public shaming campaign worse than if you'd snapped an ankle.

I think Kane was booked for the 'foul' on Pique - They changed the rule so that if a player receives treatment from a foul that leads to a yellow card he no longer has to go off. Ref was terrible throughout though - The amount of foul throws were laughable.

Ah well if that is the case then I’ve completely missed that law change, and fair play to the ref there (even if Piqué did buy Kane the card). He was still generally shit though.

Barca still pulling out the La Liga dark arts despite all their ability. Suarez, Busquets, Pique and that No 2.

Face holding, salmon leaping cunts.

In this country, you try that shit and there is a public shaming campaign worse than if you'd snapped an ankle.
Whenever I watch La Liga I find it intolerable because of the favourable refereeing the big two clubs get. Until Spurs started qualifying I never really gave the Champions League much attention because of the poor standard of the officials. And I'm not a dour "Those foreign players are all diving cheating bastards, only the English play football properly" gammon-type. Well I don't think I am anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom