Refs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you seriously saying we were on drugs?? I might have taken a few tablets during our winning run but I'm certain our players didn't. We won fair and square that year through skill and, let's face it, determination (which we had in spades). You say you don't care anymore - well ditto - we won the league and that makes me happy! If we were rubbish before and after - well I don't give a flying f*rt about that either. Why some ref feels the need to bring this up nearly two years after the event I don't know but - as you say - you don't care about us - and we don't care about you (although it was fun to beat you last Tuesday!)
:dembelefingers:

We behaved like absolute thugs in that game if we're being totally honest. Walker throwing fucking blood on someone ffs, Lamela purposely standing on someone's hand, Dembele gauging eyes and that's not even including Dier and Masons attempts to 'tackle. Yes chelski are usually the cuntish team but on this occasion it was us that behaved like animals.

images

739.jpg

245DB4D300000578-0-image-a-64_1420143646269.jpg

(Appologies for not finding an image of him slaying Rose in that game too)

images

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Chelsea-Premier-League.jpg

...Bless them sweet Chavs?

...And curse us for standing up for ourselves for a change, eh?

I dont know why some people cant just fucking drop it.

Leicester were the better team that season and rightly won the league.

Its embarassing considering how far behind them we eventually finished to suggest we were in any way better than them is just fucking stupid.
They have a nice full trophey cabinet and we dont.

Lets look to the future instead of keep bringing this bizare rivalry up.

...Full?

images

739.jpg

245DB4D300000578-0-image-a-64_1420143646269.jpg

(Appologies for not finding an image of him slaying Rose in that game too)

images

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Chelsea-Premier-League.jpg

...Bless them sweet Chavs?

...And curse us for standing up for ourselves for a change, eh?

Oh wow you're slow. I just said chelski are usually the ones behaving like animals so wtf are those pictures of them behaving like animals going to prove? Not a damn thing.

I can possibly see tough challenges like the Dier, Kane and Mason ones as possibly "standing up for ourselves" but never will I want our players resort to throwing blood and eye gauging. No place for it in football period.

Are you seriously saying we were on drugs?? I might have taken a few tablets during our winning run but I'm certain our players didn't. We won fair and square that year through skill and, let's face it, determination (which we had in spades). You say you don't care anymore - well ditto - we won the league and that makes me happy! If we were rubbish before and after - well I don't give a flying f*rt about that either. Why some ref feels the need to bring this up nearly two years after the event I don't know but - as you say - you don't care about us - and we don't care about you (although it was fun to beat you last Tuesday!)

Fair play, you won the league, but you'll never get respect for it. Teams like Swansea didn't turn up for games and just let you win, Guidolin admitted as much. While we had to fight for every point and teams treated every game against us like a cup final. And now refs are admitting to making decisions to help you. And let's not even get started on the whole financial fair play irregularities you were guilty of.

I reckon all this bickering with Leicester fans is bollocks now. Couldn’t give a fuck how /why they won it. It’s done. They won it.

Clattenburg has fucked off to one of the most corrupt areas of the world to ply his trade, so he will fit in nicely there. At least he can no longer be thought of as anything but an historical blight on the Premier League. Bloke is a cunt. That interview proves it. No need at all. Some people can’t help but feel the need to still feel relevant 2 years later. He can’t need the money...

Which brings me to some of the Leicester fans coming on here too. Why the need to feel relevant to Spurs in 2017, when history will say they won the league, then put in the worst defence of a title in history? Just enjoy the title. It’s something that most fans will never experience. We aren’t rivals & never will be. There was a rivalry for a couple of months, whilst we were the only team who could mathematically catch them & it kept Sky with a hard on for a few weeks. Leicester are about as relevant to Spurs, as Forest are to Leicester. The rivalry is one way traffic. You beat us the other week. I hope it makes you feel better about the absolute schooling we gave you at your place at the end of last season. But it’s all history now.

Quick shout out to Bluedog

He’s one of the best posters on this forum, & he’s not even a Spurs fan!

Fuck the rest of the Leicester fans on here though. You add nothing to the debate because it’s irrelevant now. You won the title. We all know that. Give it a rest until you are relevant again.

“We’re catching you up”...?
:deledoubt:

I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion, just so happens yours is hogwash.
If we were on drugs do you not think we'd have manged the same the following season, instead we did well in the CL (where were you, w kept waiting?) whilst our league form suffered.

The drugs testing is far more stringent in the CL - you would've been found out so had to stop.

Oh wow you're slow.

Fuck you very much too. : P

I just said chelski are usually the ones behaving like animals so wtf are those pictures of them behaving like animals going to prove? Not a damn thing.

Not there for proof...

Visual emphasis of a factor which imo you are glossing over...

The match was a culmination of a number of years of those dirty trolling cunts impacting on what this current set up has worked tirelessly for.

We aren't like them week to week so i can easily excuse our boys for a one-off implosion.

It was out of character.... Law courts take such things into account (accumulative provocation or whatever the proper term is)... But you're another level of morality altogether are you?

Good luck with that.

I can possibly see tough challenges like the Dier, Kane and Mason ones as possibly "standing up for ourselves" but never will I want our players resort to throwing blood and eye gauging. No place for it in football period.

...But there is a "place" for unprovoked, petulant pure assaults like Cahill on Kane?

(*....Or maybe you missed the aforementioned pics afterall. See Torres/Jan ref: your disgust at the eye gouging).

You're gonna have to do a better job of quantifying the difference if you expect someone as "slow" as me to conceed to your point of view.

....In the meantime, we lowered ourselves to their level in a game that was allowed to spiral out of control (as Clattenberg admits himself). Nothing more.

Last edited:
Even though we won 5-1 yesterday, the officials had a shocker. Harry Winks was cleaned out by two Stoke players on the left hand side of Stoke’s half in the second half & the ref gave a free kick to Stoke ! I’ve said for ages that the officials have it in for us for breaking into the top 4

Even though we won 5-1 yesterday, the officials had a shocker. Harry Winks was cleaned out by two Stoke players on the left hand side of Stoke’s half in the second half & the ref gave a free kick to Stoke ! I’ve said for ages that the officials have it in for us for breaking into the top 4
Agree. The time added on was a joke too. 5 goals and 6 substitutions amount to 2 minutes!? Almost like the Ref couldn’t stomach a few more minutes of us playing like that.

I know that sounds ridiculous but the whole concept of things “evening” themselves out is total bollocks when it comes to us.

Agree. The time added on was a joke too. 5 goals and 6 substitutions amount to 2 minutes!? Almost like the Ref couldn’t stomach a few more minutes of us playing like that.

I know that sounds ridiculous but the whole concept of things “evening” themselves out is total bollocks when it comes to us.
Couldn’t agree more, we never seem to get the rub of the green from referees whereas City, United, Woolwich, Chavski & the Bin Dippers always seem to

Fair play, you won the league, but you'll never get respect for it. Teams like Swansea didn't turn up for games and just let you win, Guidolin admitted as much. While we had to fight for every point and teams treated every game against us like a cup final. And now refs are admitting to making decisions to help you. And let's not even get started on the whole financial fair play irregularities you were guilty of.
We got a lot of love at the time. Where does ref admit they helped us, do you honestly think you not having 2 players sent off helped us? Have we been found guilty of ffp irregularities?
11 points, get over it.

Watching MOTD this weekend - refs have been shocking this season for most teams.. The last month or so - we have been at the brunt of so many bad decisions.
And you can’t criticize! Their errors cost people jobs.
And don’t get me started on who every picks the wembley linesmen. They NEVER know what the right answer is. They just wait to see who is the first to react. Cunts

Watching MOTD this weekend - refs have been shocking this season for most teams.. The last month or so - we have been at the brunt of so many bad decisions.
And you can’t criticize! Their errors cost people jobs.
And don’t get me started on who every picks the wembley linesmen. They NEVER know what the right answer is. They just wait to see who is the first to react. Cunts
2 refs one in each half.

I can remember reading some time ago that, around 70 years ago the two ref (one in each half) experiment was launched here in England and was so successful, football didn't want it. They saw all evil and made lots of correct calls. It was scraped because it was so successful. Refs now do get assistance form the 4th official and linesmen all time to assist decisions. Players and coaches need to respect the officials and lead by example to supporters. The fines and suspensions should be hefty when a players/coaches are seen to be disrespectful against refs.

Back
Top Bottom