Refs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before and I'm going to say it again, Poch needs to start shitting on these refs and pressuring them before and after games.

Being nice has got us nowhere, that cretin Mike Riley runs the ref's body, the man with no spine.

All the big teams do it and look where it gets them, dodgy decisions and 3 points. Would we have got away with all those snidey fouls like Chelsea did against us earlier in the season? I think not.

Would love to do it nicely, but this is how the modern game is and enough is enough.

We respect them and we get nothing back, Fergie had refs shitting their pants and bending over to help Man U.

Chelsea and Man U had a policy of intimidating Officials. If you watched Chelsea they always had a player, usually Lampard, walk off the field with the ref at half time.
Both sides used to surround the ref at any decision against them, and there was always someone on the ball when a free was given against them. These 'Dark Arts,' kill the game as does both time wasting, and the Half Way line foul.
Protesting long and loud over a Pen not given, almost guarantees the next one. It is Continental football at it's worst, but it is now very much part of our game.
It does not help that Refs are now terrified of their assessors, nor does todays decision about Lukaku.
I miss the old days when the players took care of a cheat.

Refs are bought and its naive to think otherwise , I can't tell you which ones and differentiate between human error and corrupt decisions but it's happening , it's no coincidence that when all the usual beneficiaries of such decisions were out of the race a couple of years ago Leicester were given so so many decisions.

Refs are bought and its naive to think otherwise , I can't tell you which ones and differentiate between human error and corrupt decisions but it's happening , it's no coincidence that when all the usual beneficiaries of such decisions were out of the race a couple of years ago Leicester were given so so many decisions.
people often say how many decisions went there way that season but i don't recall many?

Poch should put pressure on Ref's, by saying what everyone knows, (same as Fergie used to do)
West Brom & Stoke time waste from minute 1, came out and say it before the match
"I hope the ref act's early to stop their time wasting"
other teams, " I hope the ref protects my players from their challenges"
say it often and get it in Ref's head

As some of you resort to insults as an argument, you cunts tell me your opinion of today's refereeing display.

Kane was targetted and got no protection.

What next ? the league table of where we would be if we had decisions go our way? come on we're not West Ham.

You are probably right but

200.webp

I wish Sanchez earned his red by accidentally kicking someone in the nuts. Would have been worth it. Going forward, we need a fall guy in the team to do it especially if the goalie starts time wasting

Back
Top Bottom