Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As things stand in the A-D groups, the second-placed teams will be Basel, Bayern, and Juve. I guess you'd want one from the other half - currently Sevilla, Shaktar and Porto.

All tricky though.
Shaktar and Porto would be ideal, still a tricky game but would fancy us. Basel you could add to that although, and basing it on not having seen them play for 2 years, they are remarkable successful against English oppo beating us, Liverpool ad Chelsea it think.

Bayern are now back under Heynckes, although they don't look quite as formidable as they did under Guardiola, by that I mean their forwards are old school, run in straight lines and there is little interchanging and movement, but still very quick.

Shaktar and Porto would be ideal, still a tricky game but would fancy us. Basel you could add to that although, and basing it on not having seen them play for 2 years, they are remarkable successful against English oppo beating us, Liverpool ad Chelsea it think.

Bayern are now back under Heynckes, although they don't look quite as formidable as they did under Guardiola, by that I mean their forwards are old school, run in straight lines and there is little interchanging and movement, but still very quick.
Sevilla or Porto for me, and not just because they're the easiest for me to get to!

Sevilla or Porto for me, and not just because they're the easiest for me to get to!
200.gif

How the hell are these two ahead of edwards and shashoua?

I would imagine it is down to size. Sterling is an absolute unit & Amos is 11.5 stone & 5'11" tall whereas Edwards is 5'7" (on a good day) & 9.5 stone & Shashoua also relatively 'small'.

In a game like this which is likely to be physical i imagine Poch is taking that into account.

How the hell are these two ahead of edwards and shashoua?
As others have pointed out, physically they are more prepared for first team play. And Poch has also made it clear that it is about attitude. Sterling and Amos from the looks of it have not let getting first team/grown up contracts get to their heads and keep showing the right mentality and putting the work in. They are also described as two of the hardest workers on the pitch with the U-23s. Where as Edwards apparently has a bit of an attitude problem and is noted to not be that keen on working without the ball (in defense in particular from match reports).

What about Georgiou?

He looked like a bit of a talent to me... suprised he hasn't been on the bench coming on vs tired legs. He cab beat people one on one and has some pace I thought...

--------------------------Vorm---------------------
Aurier-------Sanchez------Foyth---------Rose
------------------Sissoko-----Winks----------------
--------N'Kodou--------Alli-------------Son--------
------------------------Llorente------------------------

--------------------------Vorm---------------------
Aurier-------Sanchez------Foyth---------Rose
------------------Sissoko-----Winks----------------
--------N'Kodou--------Alli-------------Son--------
------------------------Llorente------------------------
On what basis would you start N'koudu over Lamela?

I’m happy Kane and Eriksen aren’t part of the squad tonight. Does anyone know if Vertonghen and Lloris are? Hopefully not.

Our fringe players should still be strong enough, plus want to show what they can bring seems we are lacking in depth at the moment.

- Vorm -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Foyth - Davies -
- Sissoko - Winks -
- Son - Dele - GKN -
- Llorente -​

Back
Top Bottom