Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing I can't stand in players is not trying, that's why I have a lot of respect for Sissoko and Lamela. Even if they aren't having their best game (like Sissoko on Weds) they still put themselves about and don't go hiding.

I was at the game and there were a few groans when he mis-controlled the ball, he would have heard them as it happened more than once, but he didn't shit his pants and try and run away. He stuck to his task and in the 70 odd minutes, he played we scored 3 goals vs the best team in the world.

He will never be a technically gifted box to box train like Yaya Toure for example but he puts in a hard graft whenever and wherever he plays. His pace and power can and will cause teams trouble, especially games where we have to play a bit more on the counter-attack. Like I said in the R.M match thread, I'm glad he's with us.

Sadly some people will always need a scapegoat....same people who sucked Soldados cock for 2 years while missing open goals and sitters, but wanted Nkoudo booted out for wearing a Greenwich Market rip off Chelsea top at a children's 5 a side.

Same people pining for Bale to return, Bale who didn't turn up for training to get a move, and Modric "let me join big club Chelsea".
Crying over Berbatov who refused to pull on our shirt in two games to force a move to Utd......but Gahly who threw his shirt should be shot.

Seems all this bollocks about being fit to wear the shirt only comes down to being good, or in the case of Soldado and Holtby who were crap, simply popular on insragram.

If you are talented you can shit on our badge, and some will love you anyway.
But god forbid someone giving 100% for the cause, improving and doing his job without ripping Real Madrid to pieces.
It was 0-0 when Sissoko came on. How the living fuck was he "comically bad" in such a game?

He's also scored twice this season.....that excuse was all the rage when a certain other player wasn't playing too well earlier in the season...
Your disagrees over the past few pages would suggest you thought Sissoko played well against Madrid? You obviously believe he had a good game and played a pivotal role in our victory. That’s fine, that’s your opinion, just one I happen to not agree with. I’m extremely surprised anyone thinks Sissoko was anything but our weakest link of a very strong chain in that match.

As I’ve said before, he seems like a decent guy and he does try hard, but as with the likes of Holtby, Soldado or Jansen, that shouldn’t mean he is above criticism. In addition, the sheer ability of Modric, Bale or Bernardo’s shouldn’t exempt them from being called dicks.

Your disagrees over the past few pages would suggest you thought Sissoko played well against Madrid? You obviously believe he had a good game and played a pivotal role in our victory. That’s fine, that’s your opinion, just one I happen to not agree with. I’m extremely surprised anyone thinks Sissoko was anything but our weakest link of a very strong chain in that match.

As I’ve said before, he seems like a decent guy and he does try hard, but as with the likes of Holtby, Soldado or Jansen, that shouldn’t mean he is above criticism. In addition, the sheer ability of Modric, Bale or Bernardo’s shouldn’t exempt them from being called dicks.
He did play a pivotal role.

Maybe you missed the part where he replaced Dier in central midfield for 70 minutes and Real Madrid couldn't past our midfield so had keep launching balls to Marcelo out wide.

Oh yes but he did an air kick. Your long lasting memory from the whole game. Well done you....maybe you think we would have scored three goals with ten men on the pitch too

Normally, I’m pretty close in agreeing with your opinions on our players, but couldn’t disagree more with “didn’t really put a foot wrong”. He played his part in a wonderful night for our club, but I can’t help but think how well we’d have done with a better player in his position. For not putting a foot wrong, except for the massive miskick, I can recall a few times when he trapped the ball several feet away from himself.

I understand that he’s a squad player and I believe he’s been trying very hard this season and isn’t playing too badly, except for Wednesday. But imagine how much of a threat we’d be if he weren’t our first option off the bench. What if our first option was a real attacking threat, rather than a guy who gets in the way of the opposition a lot?

There has been huge leaps forward in ability for almost our entire squad, but not for him. Which is a shame, because he does seem like a decent guy.

What??? He came on to fill in for Dier... He wasnt out there to be an attacking threat.

He did play a pivotal role.

Maybe you missed the part where he replaced Dier in central midfield for 70 minutes and Real Madrid couldn't past our midfield so had keep launching balls to Marcelo out wide.

Oh yes but he did an air kick. Your long lasting memory from the whole game. Well done you
Wasn’t really the air kick that stuck by me. Don’t think I’ve even mentioned that. It was his constant miscontrol of the ball that made me believe he hadn’t played well. We had numerous chances to break forward that fell down when Sissoko tried to dribble.

Loved the confidence of your post though. Loved it.

I've seen some low level and thoughtless posts on here, but this one is special.
If there was a moronic post of the year award, this would be in contention.
source.gif

What??? He came on to fill in for Dier... He wasnt out there to be an attacking threat.
And that’s fine, but when Dier breaks up the opposition attack and looks up for an option, I generally see him playing a forward pass or moving into space. I didn’t see that with Sissoko.

However, as I’ve said numerous times, in a night of fantastic performances, every other player was better. He was the worst of a wonderful bunch. I’m very open to hear any names being put forward that weren’t as good as him on the night though.

Wasn’t really the air kick that stuck by me. Don’t think I’ve even mentioned that. It was his constant miscontrol of the ball that made me believe he hadn’t played well. We had numerous chances to break forward that fell down when Sissoko tried to dribble.

Loved the confidence of your post though. Loved it.

But you missed everything he did defensively because of a few miscontrolled touches while advancing.

Its just a really naive and childish outlook to judge a 70 minute performance on two or three poor touches. I genuinely believe you think we would have played that well, and won with just Winks in central midfield.

Rather pathetic to be honest, and smacks of the whole "Real Madrid were poor" mantra rather than Spurs played well. You dont destroy Real Madrid despite one of your CMs being shit on the day.

I remember Kane blasting a bread and butter shot over the bar when Eriksen was on for a tap in. Missed a one on one too.....If I choose to ignore all the good he did in the game, I would foolishly say he was poor because of that.

Knock yourself out, anyone bashing any of our players after that..... yeah, nice

I’m very open to hear any names being put forward that weren’t as good as him on the night though.

Llorente, Winks for the last ten minutes before he was subbed, Trippier for the last 15, Dembele could have been red carded and fucked us up...

Oh my God, youve just realised that Sissoko isnt as good as Kane, Jan and Eriksen

:pochfacepalm:

Watching that game, he was easily the worst player. I cringed every time the ball would go to him because he just fucked it up every time. He couldn't do anything with it. He could barely fend off anyone attacking him. He simply looked like he was intimidated by Real and that he didn't belong in such a top-flight team.

Watching top-flight play the lesser teams, the most common thing that happens is there is a press from the better team and the lesser teams can't defend any 1 on 1 contests for the ball, then panic, turn over repeatedly. This is exactly how he played. He didn't have the confidence to retain the ball. And every time he got it he just passed it back, and pointed to the other side of the pitch as if to go hiding.

When I found out he was a 30MM man I was amazed. I read the commentary on him, and everything in the papers rings true. He shouldn't be here.

I think the consensus opinion from those not shitting on Sissoko here is that when you go out to eat and have a fabulous steak you don't walk away complaining about the asparagus - appreciate the steak, goddamnit.

Sissoko isn't our strongest player, that's captain obvious territory. But that's also fine because he's not asked to be our strongest player. People slating him for being a squad player...well that's just nonsense because that's very clearly what he is and what his role is - that's why he wasn't named in the XI. And the reality is, we're still Spurs - we don't have the money to stockpile names on the bench. Sissoko is a very good footballer with a ton of heart and equal helpings of humility and work ethic - the perfect squad player for this team.

But shit happens and he was called upon to play in a role that's not best suited for his game - no bother, he still gave everything he could and despite not being an attacking fulcrum he wasn't a defencive liability.

He played his role in a team that scored 3 on Madrid, and never looked like he would play a part in losing that lead. That's a solid shift - he wasn't being hidden or sheltered, he was a very active participant in a great team effort of which he wasn't the star performer.

Everybody's darling Dembele (I absolutely love him too), on the other hand, gets praise from the same crowd for coming on with a bit of fury - but that fury very easily could have gotten him sent off and that could have led to the evaporation of our lead.

Maybe Sissoko is the reason we didn't score 7 on the twice defending champions of Europe....but he played his part in the team that won 3-1. Just fucking enjoy the steak.

Honestly sometimes I wonder if the lean years have just permanently imbued some of the Spurs support with misery, as if we take comfort in a bit of negativity.

Sky interviews Spurs supporter after Tottenham completes an astonishing treble: "Yeah, the trophies are fabulous, bruv...but Sissoko is a bit shit, Lamela still hasn't won the Ballon d'Or, Lloris can't distribute for shit, Kane doesn't score in August, Eriksen gets pushed off the ball, Dembele can't stay healthy, Dier doesn't have a position, Toby wants out, Jan hasn't scored in donkeys, Rose misses his mum, Sanchez isn't the final product, Aurier is a bit half cocked, Dele plays in patches...shall I go on? I think we're on for relegation next season, to be honest, mate. Woe is me."

Which would suggest you've been supporting Spurs for less than two seasons

If at all!!

I said during the thread when another poster had a go at Sissoko that even during one of the best nights in our history some of us can’t be content with that but have to start criticising some of our players!

It was a great team performance and Sissoko played his part!

But you missed everything he did defensively because of a few miscontrolled touches while advancing.

Its just a really naive and childish outlook to judge a 70 minute performance on two or three poor touches. I genuinely believe you think we would have played that well, and won with just Winks in central midfield.

Rather pathetic to be honest, and smacks of the whole "Real Madrid were poor" mantra rather than Spurs played well. You dont destroy Real Madrid despite one of your CMs being shit on the day.

I remember Kane blasting a bread and butter shot over the bar when Eriksen was on for a tap in. Missed a one on one too.....If I choose to ignore all the good he did in the game, I would foolishly say he was poor because of that.

Knock yourself out, anyone bashing any of our players after that..... yeah, nice
massive, massive hypocrisy
The lack of control isn't the issue, its just the most obvious end product of a poor contribution to a fabulous night.

You champion your god given right to call spurs players performances "shit" whenever you feel like it

yet here you are are attempting to ridicule those of us who feel that his performance was noticeably stand out below everyone elses.
and none of us said he was shit.

Back
Top Bottom