Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We fucking beat Real Madrid 3-1, our team won, it was a great team performance and everyone played a part, to single out any player for abuse after such a performance is laughable!
Why can't we just enjoy the moment, and respect any one that Poch picks to play?
If he thinks they are good enough then I will give them my full support, not going to lie I have had an opinion on sissoko last season which may not have been the best, but he has improved, and I have been proven wrong as he does have a part to play in this team! he also puts in a lot of effort, which I respect and obviously the rest of the team and the training staff do as well.

We fucking beat Real Madrid 3-1, our team won, it was a great team performance and everyone played a part, to single out any player for abuse after such a performance is laughable!
Why can't we just enjoy the moment, and respect any one that Poch picks to play?
If he thinks they are good enough then I will give them my full support, not going to lie I have had an opinion on sissoko last season which may not have been the best, but he has improved, and I have been proven wrong as he does have a part to play in this team! he also puts in a lot of effort, which I respect and obviously the rest of the team and the training staff do as well.
I’m not sure anyone has abused the guy. If I have though, please let me know what the abuse was and I’ll wholeheartedly apologise for it. And it’s not really singling out a player when you are posting in his thread. I don’t recall mentioning him at all in the match thread, where it would have been singling him out.
If you are able to see every player that Poch chooses in a positive fashion, that’s great, but I can’t do that. In every match I see the best performer and the worst. Just the way I’m made. I’m assuming that last season when you didn’t have the best opinion on Sissoko, you held off on posting that on here, because of your respect for every player?
Sissoko has improved hugely this season and has had some good performances, but I don’t see how Wednesday can be considered one of them. Let’s hope he continues to put the effort in and keeps improving.

Same. Far from my favorite player on the team. But it is obvious he is putting in the work and busting his ass to earn a spot in this team. Be it off the bench or in a starting 11 when he is needed.

He's obviously not meant to be a points player. It's not his job to score or do assists but to cause chaos for the oppo in the midfield and help move the ball to the points players. Any assists or goals he makes are just bonuses

I’m not sure anyone has abused the guy. If I have though, please let me know what the abuse was and I’ll wholeheartedly apologise for it. And it’s not really singling out a player when you are posting in his thread. I don’t recall mentioning him at all in the match thread, where it would have been singling him out.
If you are able to see every player that Poch chooses in a positive fashion, that’s great, but I can’t do that. In every match I see the best performer and the worst. Just the way I’m made. I’m assuming that last season when you didn’t have the best opinion on Sissoko, you held off on posting that on here, because of your respect for every player?
Sissoko has improved hugely this season and has had some good performances, but I don’t see how Wednesday can be considered one of them. Let’s hope he continues to put the effort in and keeps improving.

I'm not sure about you but I have supported spurs for just over 30 years, and I was at the game on Wednesday and I'm a season ticket holder, I don't care who our best or who our worst performers were, all I care about is that it was possibly one of the best games of football I have seen us play, and every player played a part in that,even the atmosphere was like WHL, the place was rocking, i am on such a high from that game I wouldn't want to tarnish it but picking out players who didn't play as I think they should have, maybe if we lost it might be a different story, but right now I would just like to enjoy the result! I'm not sure why others can't do the same? Instead we have to try and find something to tarnish the result! But this is a spurs forum so your entitled to your views, however
At the end of the day Poch continues to pick him, so he must see something you don't, and I know which opinion will trust!

Also to add, winks also scuffed a shot where he should have at least tested the keep, dele missed a header that only needed the slightest of touches to go in, granted sissoko ain't our best, flashiest player but he has featured a lot this season, so obviously he is pleasing Poch with his performance......

I'm not sure about you but I have supported spurs for just over 30 years, and I was at the game on Wednesday and I'm a season ticket holder, I don't care who our best or who our worst performers were, all I care about is that it was possibly one of the best games of football I have seen us play, and every player played a part in that,even the atmosphere was like WHL, the place was rocking, i am on such a high from that game I wouldn't want to tarnish it but picking out players who didn't play as I think they should have, maybe if we lost it might be a different story, but right now I would just like to enjoy the result! I'm not sure why others can't do the same? Instead we have to try and find something to tarnish the result! But this is a spurs forum so your entitled to your views, however
At the end of the day Poch continues to pick him, so he must see something you don't, and I know which opinion will trust!
Supporter since 1980, but wasn’t at the match. Really enjoyed the match and the result. In fact still struggling to believe it happened. I’m just posting my opinion on a player in their thread. Not even that strong an opinion. Not really sure why it’s causing so much grief to be honest.

Same. Far from my favorite player on the team. But it is obvious he is putting in the work and busting his ass to earn a spot in this team. Be it off the bench or in a starting 11 when he is needed.

He's obviously not meant to be a points player. It's not his job to score or do assists but to cause chaos for the oppo in the midfield and help move the ball to the points players. Any assists or goals he makes are just bonuses
Very fair post.

massive, massive hypocrisy
The lack of control isn't the issue, its just the most obvious end product of a poor contribution to a fabulous night.

You champion your god given right to call spurs players performances "shit" whenever you feel like it

yet here you are are attempting to ridicule those of us who feel that his performance was noticeably stand out below everyone elses.
and none of us said he was shit.
Spurs throw away last minute goal and three points v Burnley. Spurs draw 0-0 with Swansea.....Dele was poor, our attack suffered we had no ideas and no pace and I said he played shit.....along with Kane and Eriksen by the way but don't let that get in the way of a fake agenda.

Spurs beat Real Madrid 3-1, play the best we have done in arguably 30 odd years, and people jump on Sissoko who was thrown in after 20 minutes completely unplanned.

Yes.....yes it's the same thing isn't it

nice one will
Great riposte!
:dierpochhug:
yZDp8to.gif

Spurs throw away last minute goal and three points v Burnley. Spurs draw 0-0 with Swansea.....Dele was poor, our attack suffered we had no ideas and no pace and I said he played shit.....along with Kane and Eriksen by the way but don't let that get in the way of a fake agenda.

Spurs beat Real Madrid 3-1, play the best we have done in arguably 30 odd years, and people jump on Sissoko who was thrown in after 20 minutes completely unplanned.

Yes.....yes it's the same thing isn't it
Of course it's not the same thing. You call players shit because they don't meet your exacting standards, and I and several people point out that Sissoko is not a player who even approaches the standards the rest of the team achieves. We point out his inability to do things considered basics, like bringing the ball under control or playing a decent pass to players in threatening positions.
I tell you what Sammy, I'll just call him shit in future, then you can't make hypocritical smarmy carping comments.

Stop trying to win every argument with your tortured, mangled arguments topped off with pathetic attempts at sarcasm and accept the fact that we are all allowed to hold opinions of our own, without having to have them passed as acceptable by you.
Particularly when the majority of us are actually prepared to justify our comments with a level of structured justification that goes beyond "he was shit!"

And he’s expressing his opinion surely?
Yes he is, but you know him as well as I do, there is never an acceptance to agree to disagree, the argument has to be won and the fool he disagrees with has to be slain for their impertinence.
On top of it all the whole issue has to be mangled with multiple side issues that are thrown in to obscure any weaknesses in his position.
I sometimes wonder if he argues with himself when he's shaving.

Yes he is, but you know him as well as I do, there is never an acceptance to agree to disagree, the argument has to be won and the fool he disagrees with has to be slain for their impertinence.
On top of it all the whole issue has to be mangled with multiple side issues that are thrown in to obscure any weaknesses in his position.

Well I don’t know about that. Sammy and I have different opinions on the decision to play at Wembley, but I made a point the other day which he had the good grace to acknowledge, and I like to think I’m receptive to other people’s points when discussing Spurs. You don’t always have to respond - not responding doesn’t mean you’ve lost the argument. On the rare occasions I make a decent point, my correspondent rarely comes back to me. That’s just the way it is on here.

massive, massive hypocrisy
The lack of control isn't the issue, its just the most obvious end product of a poor contribution to a fabulous night.

You champion your god given right to call spurs players performances "shit" whenever you feel like it

yet here you are are attempting to ridicule those of us who feel that his performance was noticeably stand out below everyone elses.
and none of us said he was shit.

"comedically bad".... Why split hairs?

He WAS getting slated in the match thread.

Theres always gonna be a 'worst' performer.... Meaningless, in as much as a 7/10 will always be a 7/10 irrespective of whether or not theres an 10/10 to compare it to.

To whatever extent, thats just preocupation with the negative.

...And some ARE able to refrain from slating players they are underwhelmed by - Think about it.... Logically speaking its obvious that they won't be noticed. :adeninja:

And that’s fine, but when Dier breaks up the opposition attack and looks up for an option, I generally see him playing a forward pass or moving into space. I didn’t see that with Sissoko.

However, as I’ve said numerous times, in a night of fantastic performances, every other player was better. He was the worst of a wonderful bunch. I’m very open to hear any names being put forward that weren’t as good as him on the night though.

Which is perhaps why Dier makes the first XI every damn game.

This whole cult of comparision is pointless... Much like the twats that insisted on playing Son and Lamella of against each other. Praise one as much as you like, it doesn't prove the other to be any worse (or vice versa).

Last edited:

Here is an example of Sammy doing exactly what you say he doesn’t do, and I’d argue that you’re more intransigent than him. Anyway, no one gives a shit really. Sorry if this sounds like the most patronising post, ever, on this forum. An accusation you made at me the other day btw, but have you ever been so noble in conceding a point? Maybe you have, but not to my knowledge and certainly not to me. I made an agreement with you - we agreed to leave each other alone. I stuck to that agreement, but you couldn’t help yourself in calling me condescending and patronising.

I don’t know why you complain when you get shit Mick. You go out of your way to bring it on yourself. To coin one of your sayings ‘on to ignore you go’ as I don’t want to be drawn in to an argument about strangers on the internet.

Match Thread - The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov[/QUOTE]

Here is an example of Sammy doing exactly what you say he doesn’t do, and I’d argue that you’re more intransigent than him. Anyway, no one gives a shit really. Sorry if this sounds like the most patronising post, ever, on this forum. An accusation you made at me the other day btw, but have you ever been so noble in conceding a point? Maybe you have, but not to my knowledge and certainly not to me. I made an agreement with you - we agreed to leave each other alone. I stuck to that agreement, but you couldn’t help yourself in calling me condescending and patronising.

I don’t know why you complain when you get shit Mick. You go out of your way to bring it on yourself. To coin one of your sayings ‘on to ignore you go’ as I don’t want to be drawn in to an argument about strangers on the internet.

Match Thread - The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov
[/QUOTE]
It was intended as a joke, as I thought the post I commented on was intended as one.
You seemed to be in a jocular mood - I thought I'd join in.
I'm intransigent if I think I'm right, and where Sissoko is concerned I think I have stuck to my principles of not slating our players. I have always made a point of justifying any critical comments I make, and I'm buggered if I'm going to concede that my criticism is less justifiable than Sammy's use of the "shit" epithet he routinely used for under performing players.
And as annoying as it might be, i do find that the love in for Sissoko to be funny when he puts in another stinker, to see a preaching post from "I say what I like and I like what I say" Sammy, about how moronic it is to criticise Spurs players when it's a good result - as now being the new "rule"
I actually love the majority of Sammy's posts (he routinely gets between 5 and 20 likes per post apparently) but he polarises arguments to make his points as if he has no ability to discuss issues in a manner that suggests that some things can be, actually, a matter of opinion and personal preference.
Mind you, I don't read every thread on every page, or post all day long to every subject, so I probably miss quite a lot on here.

Last edited:
"comedically bad".... Why split hairs?
I think I'm done with this discussion, let's see what happens over time, and we'll see how history treats this particular player.
As I have said before (I don't recall to who) if it makes you happy to watch the guy play for Spurs, then I'm genuinely pleased for you. I'm passionate about the club and about all aspects of it, including the pleasure it brings to like minded supporters. Like all performances though, we all take away the things that mean the most to us personally and arguing about what makes us happy is a bit daft to be honest.
The thing that worries me is how easily any great result can be snatched away by a poor one in the next game, and I tend to stay away from this place after a bad result because of the large amount of mindless negativity. I try not to become involved in it, or carried away with some of the childish overhyping that also ensues a good result.

Back
Top Bottom