Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed. Saw what i thought was un-needed scrutiny of him in the match thread. Accepting that he's doesn't have high level 'tekkers'; just like everyone else last night he made a massive contribution and no doubt delivered just what the boss asked of him.

Absolute respect to the big man... Despite a rotten first year he's got his head down and is now playing at a level worthy of the high standards of this squad and is proving reliable for even the biggest occasions (remember how good he and Aurier worked together away at RM too! "Wake me up before you go-go....." : P )...

With Vic out, and Moussa touch and go currently, it's high testament to MS and Winks (and of course the titanic Mr Dier) that its in fact hard to say we've struggled without them so far this season.

Just like our defense, the flexibility and depth we have at CM is more than formidable.

Si-So-Ko he's a Yido. :pochsmirk:
Agreed. He's bunkered down, put in his shifts and improved. He's risen in the ranks and deservedly so. Will probably never be one of those guys that are given in our first 11. But a solid option to put in off the bench or rotate into the 11 if someone needs a rest. Some people will probably always never rate him because he doesn't score a lot or such, but it's not his job. He's a ball mover and a bruiser. Someone has to do that job as well.

Agreed. He's bunkered down, put in his shifts and improved. He's risen in the ranks and deservedly so. Will probably never be one of those guys that are given in our first 11. But a solid option to put in off the bench or rotate into the 11 if someone needs a rest. Some people will probably always never rate him because he doesn't score a lot or such, but it's not his job. He's a ball mover and a bruiser. Someone has to do that job as well.

True.... Like Lamela, his price-tag will hang too heavy for some fans.... But fuck those kinda guys!

This is already entirely evident.

Remixed for accuracy:

"...Who needs Barkley when you got Sissoko"

True.... Like Lamela, his price-tag will hang too heavy for some fans.... But fuck those kinda guys!

This is already entirely evident.

Remixed for accuracy:

"...Who needs Barkley when you got Sissoko"
If Bale returns:
"We've got Bale and we've got Sissoko!"

About his confidence, I think when he has started this season he has looked much better in that regard, not afraid to receive the ball... some of his interplay with Aurier can only be done when you have confidence.
Its really nice to see him playing like that.
Perhaps not quite as confident yesterday but coming off the bench so early against Madrid might have been a bit of a surprise, and I thought he did grow into things.
I will say though, he should spend a bit of extra training time on his touch and shooting in particular.
We know he can do it, the goal against west ham was a lovely finish, he does get into some great positions and if he could really finish more consistently or at least hit the target he would be a big asset for us.
Got to give him credit though, he is really putting a shift in and giving his all so fair play to him I say.

He's been excellent as a hard working cog in the machine, and has contributed mightily to our success this season. His improvement has really helped our depth in midfield and given Poch more flexibility with Dier.

If his passing stats included him trying to control the ball before knocking it two yards in front of him, his completion would be about 9%. I am struggling to remember a player who played at such a high level yet had a complete inability to control the ball.

There will be times that he’ll get a couple of lucky bounces off his shin or something and this will work for us, but waiting for that moment is painful.

A very low point in an evening of absolute highs.

Nothing like bashing a footballer who didn't really put a foot wrong in a 3-1 win against the retaining two time Champions League winners.

Nothing like bashing a footballer who didn't really put a foot wrong in a 3-1 win against the retaining two time Champions League winners.
Normally, I’m pretty close in agreeing with your opinions on our players, but couldn’t disagree more with “didn’t really put a foot wrong”. He played his part in a wonderful night for our club, but I can’t help but think how well we’d have done with a better player in his position. For not putting a foot wrong, except for the massive miskick, I can recall a few times when he trapped the ball several feet away from himself.

I understand that he’s a squad player and I believe he’s been trying very hard this season and isn’t playing too badly, except for Wednesday. But imagine how much of a threat we’d be if he weren’t our first option off the bench. What if our first option was a real attacking threat, rather than a guy who gets in the way of the opposition a lot?

There has been huge leaps forward in ability for almost our entire squad, but not for him. Which is a shame, because he does seem like a decent guy.

2 days after one of the most impressive matches in the club's history and we're slating players Who were on that field? Miserable cunt.

Sissoko deserves massive respect. He endured a year of cunts on his back ceaselessly as he tried to integrate into the squad and a new playing style, doubled down in the summer when he easily could have looked for the exit, buckled down throughout August when those same cunts shouted all over Twitter and @ing him trying to run him out of the club, put in the work this season and hasn't done anything other than put in real, honest, and quality shifts.

Instead he gets cunts slating him because he's still not Messi. Fucking parasites, support a club you actually like pipes ...I hear Citeh has all the sexy names.

2 days after one of the most impressive matches in the club's history and we're slating players Who were on that field? Miserable cunt.

Sissoko deserves massive respect. He endured a year of cunts on his back ceaselessly as he tried to integrate into the squad and a new playing style, doubled down in the summer when he easily could have looked for the exit, buckled down throughout August when those same cunts shouted all over Twitter and @ing him trying to run him out of the club, put in the work this season and hasn't done anything other than put in real, honest, and quality shifts.

Instead he gets cunts slating him because he's still not Messi. Fucking parasites, support a club you actually like pipes ...I hear Citeh has all the sexy names.

He's not really slating him, he was pretty poor against Madrid, fluffing his lines on a few occasions. I was pretty perplexed as to why he came on and not Dembele, although maybe it was for the best as Mousa was pretty enraged and apparently ready to start gouging eyes and all sorts.

Like Pipes I wish Sissoko well and in happy to see him improve this year... But he was pretty comically bad against against Real.

He's not really slating him, he was pretty poor against Madrid, fluffing his lines on a few occasions. I was pretty perplexed as to why he came on and not Dembele, although maybe it was for the best as Mousa was pretty enraged and apparently ready to start gouging eyes and all sorts.

Like Pipes I wish Sissoko well and in happy to see him improve this year... But he was pretty comically bad against against Real.
Comically bad? Really. Get some perspective.

Pg-15s-wallace-getty.jpg

You seem a bit too upset over something as simple as a stranger having an opinion on a footballer.

Everything ok at home? Mum and Dad treating you ok? Do you need a hug?

Comically bad? Really. Get some perspective.

Pg-15s-wallace-getty.jpg
He was literally comically bad, in that he was bad and people found it funny. For example, when he took a touch near the end of the match when we wanted to retain possession and instead he just shinned it 5 yards ahead of himself to a Madrid player, people around me just laughed. It wasn't the only time. I'd never get on his back in the stadium but I'm reasonably certain he doesn't read TFC

Happy he’s playing well now and playing a role in our team! I can’t help but think he’s only putting in the hard yards because it’s a World Cup year, doesn’t bother me at the moment but I can see him going all Adebayor on us one day.

Pass completion rate of 90% .... better than Winks (89%) and Eriksen (84%) .... you clearly know your football ..... NOT
If those stats make you believe that Sissoko's performance was praiseworthy then you really are deluding yourself about your knowledge of the game. He was back to his aimless and hapless form.
If I didn't know better, I would have said he was drunk.
Watching his ball control was as enjoyable as taking a cheese grater to your eyes.

The slating of Sissoko on this forum (granted it's gone down since last season) is actually quite disgusting to be honest. Vincent Jansen was a different level of shit for us yet every excuse under the fucking Sun was used to hide his turd water performances. Sissoko on the other hand was destroyed on here every fucking time and it was usually quite abusive at times.
He can even be ridiculed after a historic win against Madrid ffs.
Because he was rubbish.
The funniest thing for me is watching the people who have stuck up for him trying to scratch out positives from his performance. It's like watching people who boast of their gold prospecting skills prove their theory that they could even find it with their tongue in horseshit.
Carry on mate, because it's fucking hilarious to watch.
BTW - do not go for the shit supporter defence. I absolutely detest the mindless slating of top flight professional footballers, but trying to polish a turd like Sissoko's performance on Wednesday is definitely the epitome of scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I've seen some low level and thoughtless posts on here, but this one is special.
If there was a moronic post of the year award, this would be in contention.

Back
Top Bottom