Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from his air shot he did well, but he’s the least technically accomplished player in the squad - anyone can see that.

Those fresh air shots really are something to behold. I've been playing football for 35 odd years now in various formats and I can't remember the last time I took an air shot. It really is as simple as keeping your eye on the ball, can I have 80K a week please Levy? :levystare:

It's ok to criticise players when they make mistakes, irrespective of transfer fees/match results. And just because you defend players from criticism doesn't make you a better fan.

Everyone here loves Spurs and wants what's the best for the team. I know Sissoko has improved, but his skill level is quite low compared to the rest. His first touch is not great, he scuffs his lines very often and often makes the wrong decision.

Now in the Madrid game it didn't cost us, but if it was a game where we are drawing 0-0 and he scuffs his lines like what he has done several times already this season, I am sure everyone would jump on him. He's a decent option, but if I had to replace someone from our squad to improve, he's the easiest player to spot.

The one kind of player we are missing is someone like Mane/Hazard = direct and skillful and quick. And between Lamela and Sissoko, one of them have to upgraded to be that kind of player.

Let's see how Lamela is after a year away before that decision is taken. But Lamela gets the benefit of doubt from me because he was really good before his injury and Sissoko has not been anyway near as good as literally everybody else we have (except N'Koudou of course, but we paid 30 million for Sissoko).

It's ok to criticise players when they make mistakes, irrespective of transfer fees/match results. And just because you defend players from criticism doesn't make you a better fan.

Everyone here loves Spurs and wants what's the best for the team. I know Sissoko has improved, but his skill level is quite low compared to the rest. His first touch is not great, he scuffs his lines very often and often makes the wrong decision.

Now in the Madrid game it didn't cost us, but if it was a game where we are drawing 0-0 and he scuffs his lines like what he has done several times already this season, I am sure everyone would jump on him. He's a decent option, but if I had to replace someone from our squad to improve, he's the easiest player to spot.

The one kind of player we are missing is someone like Mane/Hazard = direct and skillful and quick. And between Lamela and Sissoko, one of them have to upgraded to be that kind of player.

Let's see how Lamela is after a year away before that decision is taken. But Lamela gets the benefit of doubt from me because he was really good before his injury and Sissoko has not been anyway near as good as literally everybody else we have (except N'Koudou of course, but we paid 30 million for Sissoko).
But we didn’t pay 30million for Sissoko, that’s widely known.
I can understand giving someone like Rose shit for having a bad attitude, or someone like Ade for being lazy. But abusing a player for being a bit shit isn’t on to me. If the lad is giving his all for the club I’ll back him while he’s here

They were talking about Sissoko on the Totally Football Show pod, apparently his nickname in the French squad is Swiss Army knife, since he can pretty much play anywhere.

I was taking this serious until the , Lamela was really good before his injury? Please clarify.

I can understand giving someone like Rose shit for having a bad attitude, or someone like Ade for being lazy. But abusing a player for being a bit shit isn’t on to me. If the lad is giving his all for the club I’ll back him while he’s here
I don't see anybody giving shit to Sissoko, they are only claiming he's no way near as good as the rest of the team and probably needs to be replaced. If someone boos Sissoko, then I agree to your point. Just criticising players is part of the game.

I was taking this serious until the , Lamela was really good before his injury? Please clarify.
Yep, people can claim Lamela wasn't as good as they expected, but to me he's been very valuable for us in several big games. He still has a lot to prove, but I still believe him because he does have the skill to be good, unless the injury's completely fucked him.

Comparing just Lamela and Sissoko, just look at the number of assists that Lamela has created in the games he's played vs Sissoko.

Look above mate, if you can’t find people giving him shit you need some new glasses
Agree to disagree I guess, did read the posts. What Danny Rose got at the beginning of the season is giving him shit, what Sissoko's getting here is just criticism and being made fun of for his lack of basic footballing skills at times. I see nothing wrong with that.

Agree to disagree I guess, did read the posts. What Danny Rose got at the beginning of the season is giving him shit, what Sissoko's getting here is just criticism and being made fun of for his lack of basic footballing skills at times. I see nothing wrong with that.
Nothing particularly right with it either. But I guess people are bored.
Rose deserves shit, the treacherous little cunt.
By the way, I kind of agree with you. I’d say Sissoko, Rose, Llorente, and Aurier are the players we need to upgrade to have a flawless squad.
But im delighted with what we have

No, it’s not widely known. It’s widely misunderstood. Like clubs do with many transfers, we agreed a structure of payments with Newcastle which add up to £30m. We will pay them £6m per season for five years, unless we sell Sissoko in the meantime, then we have to pay the balance of the £30m then.

It’s like getting a mortgage on a house. The house is worth £1m, your mortgage is £2k per month. That doesn’t mean you’ve paid £2k for the house. It also doesn’t mean that if you sell the house, you get to keep the entirety of the proceeds. You have to pay what you are owe of the entire amount.

I’ve no idea why this particular transfer has been subject to such misunderstanding.

No, it’s not widely known. It’s widely misunderstood. Like clubs do with many transfers, we agreed a structure of payments with Newcastle which add up to £30m. We will pay them £6m per season for five years, unless we sell Sissoko in the meantime, then we have to pay the balance of the £30m then.

It’s like getting a mortgage on a house. The house is worth £1m, your mortgage is £2k per month. That doesn’t mean you’ve paid £2k for the house. It also doesn’t mean that if you sell the house, you get to keep the entirety of the proceeds. You have to pay what you are owe of the entire amount.

I’ve no idea why this particular transfer has been subject to such misunderstanding.
It seems you have the misunderstanding. We didn’t pay Newcastle 30 million for Sissoko, you just said it yourself then denied it.

It seems you have the misunderstanding. We didn’t pay Newcastle 30 million for Sissoko, you just said it yourself then denied it.
Ok, we haven’t paid them it all yet, but that’s what he will cost. We will pay £30m for Sisokko. That will be his transfer fee. No matter how good or bad he is. No matter when we sell him or who we sell him to. His cost is £30m. No other transfer I can recollect talks about the transfer fee in singular instalments.

Ok, we haven’t paid them it all yet, but that’s what he will cost. We will pay £30m for Sisokko. That will be his transfer fee. No matter how good or bad he is. No matter when we sell him or who we sell him to. His cost is £30m. No other transfer I can recollect talks about the transfer fee in singular instalments.
Well you don’t understand inflation or the devaluation of currency then. At the moment we’ve paid 12 million for him. If we sell him, we will likely not pay any more for him. Try to put it in as negative light as you want, but those are the facts

Well your don’t understand inflation or the devaluation of currency then. At the moment we’ve paid 12 million for him. If we sell him, we will likely not pay any more for him. Try to put it in as negative light as you want, but those are the facts
But we have to pay Newcastle the balance of the £30m. So if we sell him now, we pay them £18m, added to the £12m we’ve already paid. Making a total of £30m.

Do you honestly believe Newcastle agreed that we could buy him for £6m per year and not have to pay the full amount if we sold him within five years?

I’m off to buy a house, pay one months mortgage, sell the house and keep all the cash. Sounds lovely and sod Barclays when they ask for their money.

Not really sure what inflation or the devaluation of currency has to do with it. We don’t buy players using Venezuelan Bolivars.

Personally I get no enjoyment out of being critical of Sissoko, He's a Spurs player and I want him to be inspirational and brilliant.
The only thing that amuses me are the people who have been adamant that he's a great player who still continue to defend him when he's had another stinker.
He's a bull of a man and he does have reasonable performances, but he offers no threat in the final third because he deteriorates into a complete shambles as his skills let him down time and again.
He's a squad player at his best and a liability that has to be covered up by the rest of the team at his worst.
I just wish we had allocated the funds to another Alli type of potential talent and given him to the managerial team to mould.
I don't boo Spurs players ever.

Yep, people can claim Lamela wasn't as good as they expected, but to me he's been very valuable for us in several big games. He still has a lot to prove, but I still believe him because he does have the skill to be good, unless the injury's completely fucked him.

Comparing just Lamela and Sissoko, just look at the number of assists that Lamela has created in the games he's played vs Sissoko.
I feel Lamely served a purpose which was positive. He played well at times and drove us forward when we tended to go sideways. He always seem to give it all and not shy away form tackles. He played his own game at times but I would put that down to taking some responsibility to get us going. Where the team is now, he would have to adapt his game to fit in. I feel he could adapt but time will tell - if he very play at all.

Sadly some people will always need a scapegoat....same people who sucked Soldados cock for 2 years while missing open goals and sitters, but wanted Nkoudo booted out for wearing a Greenwich Market rip off Chelsea top at a children's 5 a side.

Same people pining for Bale to return, Bale who didn't turn up for training to get a move, and Modric "let me join big club Chelsea".
Crying over Berbatov who refused to pull on our shirt in two games to force a move to Utd......but Gahly who threw his shirt should be shot.

Seems all this bollocks about being fit to wear the shirt only comes down to being good, or in the case of Soldado and Holtby who were crap, simply popular on insragram.

If you are talented you can shit on our badge, and some will love you anyway.
But god forbid someone giving 100% for the cause, improving and doing his job without ripping Real Madrid to pieces.
It was 0-0 when Sissoko came on. How the living fuck was he "comically bad" in such a game?

He's also scored twice this season.....that excuse was all the rage when a certain other player wasn't playing too well earlier in the season...

Back
Top Bottom