TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am still purring several hours later.
I’m more satisfied with this thrashing than most.
They were so cocksure that they would get something out of this game with their stellar attacking 3(!), their hipster genius at the helm & their recent performances against us. It was a sweet as it gets for me to watch them crawl back up their own arses within 11 minutes of the match starting. I loved how they had a feint hope of a comeback after they scored, only for us to snatch it away from them on the stroke of half time.
I loved how we managed them easily throughout the second half & watched them visibly fade.
I’m having plenty of very happy days watching spurs these days, but this one is right up there with the happiest for some reason.

They were so cocksure that they would get something out of this game with their stellar attacking 3(!), their hipster genius at the helm & their recent performances against us. It was a sweet as it gets for me to watch them crawl back up their own arses within 11 minutes of the match starting. I loved how they had a feint hope of a comeback after they scored, only for us to snatch it away from them on the stroke of half time.
I loved how we managed them easily throughout the second half & watched them visibly fade.
I’m having plenty of very happy days watching spurs these days, but this one is right up there with the happiest for some reason.
I was quietly confident that their recent history against us had gone to their heads, and that our boys were itching to settle the score. But I wasn't counting on a blow-out, and even though I thought that the game would be entertaining, in the end I gave their midfield, defense, and keeper more respect than they deserved, even though I think I've been one of their greatest critics in those areas.

I want the same against United. That's going to be a lot tougher though, because Mourinho is going to set up to concede nothing and hopefully nick a lucky goal against the run of play. But I hope we fucking smash them; they're nothing special and their form is already collapsing.

For me it is more important than just a win against a has-been Dipper side.

I think this performance justifies our confidence after the Madrid game.
We announced ourselves on the European stage with a fairly makeshift team and odd selection (or so we thought at the time).
This game was a potential banana skin going by recent results and the usual European hangover and we battered them.

I have never seen a better or been so proud of a Spurs team in my lifetime (and i'm old :))

For me it is more important than just a win against a has-been Dipper side.

I think this performance justifies our confidence after the Madrid game.
We announced ourselves on the European stage with a fairly makeshift team and odd selection (or so we thought at the time).
This game was a potential banana skin going by recent results and the usual European hangover and we battered them.

I have never seen a better or been so proud of a Spurs team in my lifetime (and i'm old :))
A point away at the European champions and demolishing the biggest team in Thailand in a week is pretty impressive.
The icing on the cake would be the reserves turning over West Ham. Although my main concern is beating Utd and going second in the league at the weekend

A point away at the European champions and demolishing the biggest team in Thailand in a week is pretty impressive.
The icing on the cake would be the reserves turning over West Ham. Although my main concern is beating Utd and going second in the league at the weekend

Staying in the cup and finishing Spams season on Wednesday would be great but agreed we've got bigger fish to fry :)

Staying in the cup and finishing Spams season on Wednesday would be great but agreed we've got bigger fish to fry :)
I don’t really care about the League Cup, it’s just a shame that it will make the spammers season if they beat our reserves. They’ll bask in that reflected glory all season, the tattoo parlors in Essex will be booked out for months if they scrape a victory

Last edited:
Two things that should really be crystal fucking clear to Levy this morning is that an absolute priority should be given to draw up new contracts to Poch and Kane and with absolute respect to Harry, Poch is the most important at this point.

If Levy dillies and dallies the fuck about nether will be here to see their current contracts out. Now is not the time for the Club to fuck about over a few quid (in the big picture of things). I know of no better opportunity to lay down a marker to the Club, it's players (current and future) and the fans that we are a club very much on the up and one with an intent when it comes to the future.

Vorm went "full kit wanker", hasnt even played for 7 years
cd143a9bf3b5e8dc34ff4f08c096f4fa.png
041080e67a8413d13a09a2dcd3840184.png

I doubt Levy has thought of that!
Hope he reads this! :)
I’d have every single player Poch wants to keep, resigned up on longer terms, in the coming months. If we keep giving better contracts incrementally we stay within our budget & keep rewarding high performance. The carrot is the new stadium & knowing that as they keep performing, the rewards increase too. Throw in a trophy & even the allegedly restless player(s) will fall back into line. We need to get Toby & Jan signed up again ASAP, & I’d even be giving the new players an extra grand or two a week. It may sound extravagant, but keeping the feelgood factor going right now is absolutely vital.... Plus I’m pissed & it’s not my money.
:bentley:

Last edited:
Wow. I'm almost lost for words. What a brilliant game / result.
I expected Pochettino to have something different up his sleeve, but wasn't expecting the team selection or match to go down quite like that.
We made this look easy, at Wembley, against a hoodoo team.

After looking at our run of fixtures I reckon the media were licking their lips in anticipation at seeing us buckle under the pressure.... pressure they help to build with infinite transfer stories about us, and unlimited nonsense about Wembley and other shit. Nice to make them choke on their words, the cunts.

The array of flexibility in our team is stunning really. What is becoming clearer and clearer too, is that its not so much about which players are playing, it almost doesn't matter... Its like whoever plays you know you will get a good professional performance from them at the least. Its such a fantastic achievement to have the team playing like this, especially when you look at managers with quadruple the budget and they are crying about injuries and fixtures piling up. I bet most of those bastards will want to spend £100M in January too.
In contrast we just get on with things and continue to move forward and upset the haters.
I love that about Pochettino, he never whinges or lowers himself to other managers standards...
he is so far above any other manager its silly. His attitude is important as it obviously rubs off on the team.

The match against Dortmund really was a watershed moment for us, and we are building upon that.
Its so lovely to see our lads in these big, tough matches play like this. We look so assured and calm now.

:tobyarm:

They will embarrass themselves if they try that at home
He daren’t do that. As big a bunch of cunts as united fans are (& I know loads of the fickle fuckers) they won’t accept a Mourinho defensive “masterclass” at OT against a direct rival, unless they win. This is a game where they will be expecting/demanding to put 3 points back between our respective teams.
He will try to nick a goal as soon as possible, then close the shop. They will accept that & go back to their caves as happy clappers.
If we score first, we win this game comfortably. Same as yesterday’s game please.
After our performance yesterday & midweek, we should fear nobody. This team is coming of age. I just wish we were playing Citeh sooner to be totally honest.

He daren’t do that. As big a bunch of cunts as united fans are (& I know loads of the fickle fuckers) they won’t accept a Mourinho defensive “masterclass” at OT against a direct rival, unless they win. This is a game where they will be expecting/demanding to put 3 points back between our respective teams.
He will try to nick a goal as soon as possible, then close the shop. They will accept that & go back to their caves as happy clappers.
If we score first, we win this game comfortably. Same as yesterday’s game please.
After our performance yesterday & midweek, we should fear nobody. This team is coming of age. I just wish we were playing Citeh sooner to be totally honest.

It's getting to the stage that i'm not so much nervous about who we play but more with how we perform.
The guys are stepping up every game at the moment so even that's more expectation than hope.

Contrast that with a few years ago when Dier got moved to DM at start of season.
I was freaking thinking we'd be fighting relegation!

Back
Top Bottom