Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was Poch/Levy I'd only let him move in the summer. Let him miss the World Cup as part of his punishment. We don't need to play him if we don't want to. Give him some shitty cup games to keep him busy, but not so many he gets a good run of form going.

The thing is with people wanting us to sell him in January, doesn't that mean he has won? And also he is a phenomenal left full back, we would be strengthening a direct rival unless we sell him abroad. I'd say to him 'We aren't selling you to a direct rival, if you want to leave to get that pay then you need to be good enough to play for Barca or Madrid'.

In theory, yes, but we sold Walker to Man City so realistically Levy doesn't see strengthening rivals for the title as a concern. You also have to remember a big issue with both of these players is that Pep and Mourinho would guarantee them first team football whereas Poch would happily play whoever is under them and is training hardest that week regardless if they stay or not.

My guess is that Rose has actually burnt his bridges with Poch and everyone knows he is off. Poch is just still using Rose til he fucks off, but I'm certain Davies is his first choice now, and he will be telling Levy he needs a replacement when Rose goes, similar to the Aurier situation. Don't forget Poch made Rose the player he is. If either Rose or Walker do find themselves on the bench at clubs they have moved on to they may be well off financially but they will be in more trouble in footballing terms and getting back mentality wise.

Poch and Levy believe in themselves and in the project enough that they consider these problems short-term. I remember when Man City sold us Corluka. We did beat them a few times after that and achieved what we wanted, but they were also successful in their own longer-term project in winning trophies. Now it is like the tables have turned a bit. We believe in our long-term project and financial model so short-term strengthening rivals with individual players isn't seen as a concern. I agree I'd rather we didn't, but ask any player what life after Poch was like in terms of football training and mentality and enjoyment of life. I don't think they ever won by falling out with him or moving on from the club he was at.

It feels as tho I am in the minority, as most fans on here appear to want him out and think he has stabbed Poch in the back.
He was stupid and wrong to agree to give an interview, I wish he hadnt. I suspect because he's been out of the squad he felt isolated and frustrated.
But I also wish that others can see that the journalist who interviewed him wanted a 'story', wanted controversial headlines. We all know what they are like, just look at a few pages on the Media Bias thread to see examples that beggar belief.
The journalist wouldnt have just turned on the recorder and said, 'OK Danny, whats on your mind?' and then sat back and honestly reported all that Rose said. No way. The press have a narrative and its so easy for an experienced scumbag journalist to draw out comments that support that. For example, you could ask any northern lad, 'you must miss friends and family up north, would you like to play in the north again before your career ends?' Or when on the subject of wages (which the media never stop mentioning and trying to stir up) all we read is Rose 'demands I know what I am worth'. But for all we know he might have batted back several questions with political or evasive answers only to get sucked into saying something that sounds worse, eg 'fair enough Danny, but we all know what a brilliant and experienced negotiator Daniel Levy is, thats got to be difficult for someone like you that just wants to concentrate on his football to go up against?' The answer could include the words "I know what I am worth" and that is all the journalist needs to quote.

All our rivals want him to leave us. I find it so frustrating that many of our fans want to help them get their wish.

If Poch thinks he was stabbed in the back then Rose will be gone, simple. But if he plays again for us I will cheer him and hope that everyone else does as well. As fans we have very little opportunity to influence matters, but there is the real chance that if enough people boo him then we will be driving away a player who on his day can be a match winner.
What is refreshing is that whether you’re in the Welcome back Danny or the Fuck off Rose camp (or ambivalent) I think we all have absolute confidence in the manager to deal with it if he stays, he stays & he will play if he impresses the manager. However, if he’s burnt his bridges with Poch, he’s gone. Either way, the manager has the support of pretty much everyone on the issue

If I was Poch/Levy I'd only let him move in the summer. Let him miss the World Cup as part of his punishment. We don't need to play him if we don't want to. Give him some shitty cup games to keep him busy, but not so many he gets a good run of form going.
That's a ridiculously bad business move you expect our chairman who has proven itself committed to the opposite to pull. Danny will come back and he will play well once he's back fit. He'll be here February 1st. He'll probably play in the WC. And he'll most likely be here September 1st. And I'll be glad to see it.

Someone told Danny he's a bit fat and needs something to hold in the moobs....but clearly forgot to tell him the bra goes under your top...

Rose.jpg
What's happened to my warrior?

That's a ridiculously bad business move you expect our chairman who has proven itself committed to the opposite to pull. Danny will come back and he will play well once he's back fit. He'll be here February 1st. He'll probably play in the WC. And he'll most likely be here September 1st. And I'll be glad to see it.

You're entitled to your opinion. But I'm far from the only Spurs fan who would happily see Danny Rose never play for us again. By playing him we're practically saying "even our ninth best player is bigger than the badge."

It's surely only a coincidence that Danny Rose's favourite toilet rag ran an "exclusive" on him being fit for Real Madrid nearly two weeks ago.......
:gallashmm:

Yet going by the photo's and the club quick to state that they haven't put a return date on either Rose or Lamela's return, just emphasising they are being "integrated back into first team training to aide their rehabilitation", would appear he might be some way off yet. I mean Rose wouldn't have let them know this would he, you know like putting pressure on Poch and Davies for selection, nah Rose wouldn't go talking to the press, that would be crazy thing to do.
:roseunsure:

It feels as tho I am in the minority, as most fans on here appear to want him out and think he has stabbed Poch in the back.
He was stupid and wrong to agree to give an interview, I wish he hadnt. I suspect because he's been out of the squad he felt isolated and frustrated.
But I also wish that others can see that the journalist who interviewed him wanted a 'story', wanted controversial headlines. We all know what they are like, just look at a few pages on the Media Bias thread to see examples that beggar belief.
The journalist wouldnt have just turned on the recorder and said, 'OK Danny, whats on your mind?' and then sat back and honestly reported all that Rose said. No way. The press have a narrative and its so easy for an experienced scumbag journalist to draw out comments that support that. For example, you could ask any northern lad, 'you must miss friends and family up north, would you like to play in the north again before your career ends?' Or when on the subject of wages (which the media never stop mentioning and trying to stir up) all we read is Rose 'demands I know what I am worth'. But for all we know he might have batted back several questions with political or evasive answers only to get sucked into saying something that sounds worse, eg 'fair enough Danny, but we all know what a brilliant and experienced negotiator Daniel Levy is, thats got to be difficult for someone like you that just wants to concentrate on his football to go up against?' The answer could include the words "I know what I am worth" and that is all the journalist needs to quote.

All our rivals want him to leave us. I find it so frustrating that many of our fans want to help them get their wish.

If Poch thinks he was stabbed in the back then Rose will be gone, simple. But if he plays again for us I will cheer him and hope that everyone else does as well. As fans we have very little opportunity to influence matters, but there is the real chance that if enough people boo him then we will be driving away a player who on his day can be a match winner.

My real issue with the interview was that apparently he didn't so much "agree" to do it, he actually instigated it. He had something he wanted the world to know and it was a cuntish thing to do. As I've said before, he knew he was in a situation where he couldn't lose. He knows (as does everyone) that he could earn more money elsewhere. He also knows that Spurs can't let a fit Danny Rose "rot in the reserves". Therefore, he either gets a pay rise from Spurs, or worst case, maintains the status quo of his current contract, or gets ousted to another club who will pay him more.

He knew this going into the situation. It's my opinion that the journo didn't have to do any coaxing or cajoling. Danny was there for one reason and one reason only. To benefit himself. And the way he did it is inexcusable as far as I'm concerned.

Don't get me wrong, if a player wants to leave the "Spurs Project" for whatever reason, then I don't have a problem with it. There's just no need to be a cunt with it. Speak to the manager and or chairman and not The fucking Sun.

Is he ever going to complete a season without massive chunks out injured ?
Not such a great loss if that's the case, which it seems to be with him, and at 27 it doesn't seem likely his injury record will improve with age.

If he wants to stay on, that's fine with me. I'm pissed that he went behind the club's back and did the interview, but if he wants to stay at the end of the day and comitt to us then fine. But he has to earn his spot in the starting 11 back. No waltzing back in.

I'd also hold off on giving him a new contract (at least this season). He signed a new one in January after all.

But if he and the club decides to part ways then that is also okay with me as long as we have a good backup or two for Ben scouted

Best case scenario on fitness front is Rose starts say 3/4 matches before 1st Jan and plays well. Davies will still play more in that period. Worst case scenario he has another set back or takes a while to get back to his best. Either way selling him to a rival and leaving us short of a LB as Davies cannot play every match is not a good option. What if Davies gets injured? His value will be damaged by his injury absence. We will not get a replacement to the summer. He must stay and it is up to Poch how much he plays. Review the situation in the summer when everyone will know if Rose is back to his best,injury free and been forgiven for his comments. His value will be higher and we can get a replacement if Poch decides he wants rid of him.

Best case scenario on fitness front is Rose starts say 3/4 matches before 1st Jan and plays well. Davies will still play more in that period. Worst case scenario he has another set back or takes a while to get back to his best. Either way selling him to a rival and leaving us short of a LB as Davies cannot play every match is not a good option. What if Davies gets injured? His value will be damaged by his injury absence. We will not get a replacement to the summer. He must stay and it is up to Poch how much he plays. Review the situation in the summer when everyone will know if Rose is back to his best,injury free and been forgiven for his comments. His value will be higher and we can get a replacement if Poch decides he wants rid of him.
I get what you are saying. But we could always buy another backup LB in January if we wanted to

I think we should keep Rose until next summer. Then sell and go for Sessegnon and have 20 mill over to build the cheese room for or something as funny. Maybe buy Sessegnon in January, and lend him back.

It's surely only a coincidence that Danny Rose's favourite toilet rag ran an "exclusive" on him being fit for Real Madrid nearly two weeks ago.......
:gallashmm:

Yet going by the photo's and the club quick to state that they haven't put a return date on either Rose or Lamela's return, just emphasising they are being "integrated back into first team training to aide their rehabilitation", would appear he might be some way off yet. I mean Rose wouldn't have let them know this would he, you know like putting pressure on Poch and Davies for selection, nah Rose wouldn't go talking to the press, that would be crazy thing to do.
:roseunsure:

He looks a good stone away from his normal shape.
:angryscouser:

Not gonna happen, but I'd really like if his return was greeted not by applause or boos, but just silence. Would show him to us he's just another player now, not big enough or good enough to be booed, but not adored enough to be cheered, just a player doing his job.

I normally take this line of thought too. But with Rose, this is not for Poch to decide. He went at us the fans, so he takes the heat from us. Poch is secondary to us in this kind of thing.
He's never attacked the fans his comments re money where perhaps unwise but hes a footballer not a philosopher. I fully expect him to work back into Poch plans. Rose was the first living embodiment that soft spurs was over. Hard as nails great wing back he deserves our forgiveness and respect sick of tired of people trying to run him out. Bloody love rose

Back
Top Bottom