Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tHrvlmP.jpg

His hair gives it away for me. Once players lose their normal hair styles they become shit. It’s a sign they fancy themselves too much and have basically lost the plot. Beckham at RM, Bale at RM for example. Get rid. He’s going to end up as a frustrated mouthy cunt boring everyone to death on Talksport. And people will have to Google him to try and remember where and when he was a footballer.

Let Poch handle this.

If it's ok to have Rose as a contender for the team for Poch, it's ok for me.

Poch has outed players for far less than open mutiny and not even earning their money while shitting on the club.

50 mil in January and he ends up spending the rest of his career in manures sick room rather than ours and the jobs a good 'un :roseunsure: :pochbye:

Safe to say he was right about not being paid enough, look at that homeless barnet.

If he doesn't lose that gut he would be the perfect Shaw replacement.

Poch has outed players for far less than open mutiny and not even earning their money while shitting on the club.

50 mil in January and he ends up spending the rest of his career in manures sick room rather than ours and the jobs a good 'un :roseunsure: :pochbye:

And if he choose to go down that road, I'll back him all the way.
If he decides to bring him back into the fold I'll back him too. And it does look like that, seeing that Danny is running with the others.

I normally take this line of thought too. But with Rose, this is not for Poch to decide. He went at us the fans, so he takes the heat from us. Poch is secondary to us in this kind of thing.

If the team keeps winning he will be accepted again, but a lot has been broken between the fans and Danny. Poch isn't secondary at the moment. He is the one responsible for us not being a team fighting for 4th, but one of the proper big teams and title contenders.

If Poch thinks he can manage Rose, and that it makes the team better, I will swallow that bitter pill.

If the team keeps winning he will be accepted again, but a lot has been broken between the fans and Danny. Poch isn't secondary at the moment. He is the one responsible for us not being a team fighting for 4th, but one of the proper big teams and title contenders.

If Poch thinks he can manage Rose, and that it makes the team better, I will swallow that bitter pill.
When I say secondary, I mean in whether us fans forgive him. Poch forgiving him has no bearing on whether I'll eventually come back round to him.

On the pitch, if Poch picks him I'll back Poch, he knows best. But I won't like Danny for a long while for that treachery. As I said at the time, it's not even what he said (except the fans bit) but the timing and to The fucking Sun.

Once we are back to a week of tough prem game weekend, tough CL game weekday, everyone will be welcoming Rose again.

Even if Davies is first choice he's not playing twice a week.

When I say secondary, I mean in whether us fans forgive him. Poch forgiving him has no bearing on whether I'll eventually come back round to him.

On the pitch, if Poch picks him I'll back Poch, he knows best. But I won't like Danny for a long while for that treachery. As I said at the time, it's not even what he said (except the fans bit) but the timing and to The fucking Sun.

On your first point, I concur.

I also agree what you say. It was unacceptable by Rose. Terrible timing, and just the kind of thing Mourinho would have given the green light to. I'm rather convinced he is there, behind this.

As a team though, there are no positives with selling Rose to United, letting United have the best left back in the league and succeeding with their dirty back-handed tactics. We can be as angry as we want to, but I want us to solve this and not let it end up like Walker. As much as I like Trippier, I would have preferred to have Aurier/Walker fighting for one spot.

If and when Danny returns to the team, we need to back him for our own good. We need him to play well.

Every time the fans scream fuck off out of my club, we, the fans and the club lose. Keane, Berbatov, Modric, Bale etc. We never replaced those players.

I'm torn. He wasn't exactly flattering about Spurs and the fans, plus seeing as he'd been out injured almost the whole year you'd think he'd have been better off concentrating on getting fit than looking for a pay rise!

He's betrayed Poch, that's the biggest thing for me. A man that has helped turn him into one of the best left-backs in the world and a regular in the England team.

I doubt there's a way back for him and strongly suspect he'll be leaving in Jan.

Shame as I really rate Rose but if he thinks so little of us, his teammates and his manager than we should get rid.

It feels as tho I am in the minority, as most fans on here appear to want him out and think he has stabbed Poch in the back.
He was stupid and wrong to agree to give an interview, I wish he hadnt. I suspect because he's been out of the squad he felt isolated and frustrated.
But I also wish that others can see that the journalist who interviewed him wanted a 'story', wanted controversial headlines. We all know what they are like, just look at a few pages on the Media Bias thread to see examples that beggar belief.
The journalist wouldnt have just turned on the recorder and said, 'OK Danny, whats on your mind?' and then sat back and honestly reported all that Rose said. No way. The press have a narrative and its so easy for an experienced scumbag journalist to draw out comments that support that. For example, you could ask any northern lad, 'you must miss friends and family up north, would you like to play in the north again before your career ends?' Or when on the subject of wages (which the media never stop mentioning and trying to stir up) all we read is Rose 'demands I know what I am worth'. But for all we know he might have batted back several questions with political or evasive answers only to get sucked into saying something that sounds worse, eg 'fair enough Danny, but we all know what a brilliant and experienced negotiator Daniel Levy is, thats got to be difficult for someone like you that just wants to concentrate on his football to go up against?' The answer could include the words "I know what I am worth" and that is all the journalist needs to quote.

All our rivals want him to leave us. I find it so frustrating that many of our fans want to help them get their wish.

If Poch thinks he was stabbed in the back then Rose will be gone, simple. But if he plays again for us I will cheer him and hope that everyone else does as well. As fans we have very little opportunity to influence matters, but there is the real chance that if enough people boo him then we will be driving away a player who on his day can be a match winner.

The thing is with people wanting us to sell him in January, doesn't that mean he has won? And also he is a phenomenal left full back, we would be strengthening a direct rival unless we sell him abroad. I'd say to him 'We aren't selling you to a direct rival, if you want to leave to get that pay then you need to be good enough to play for Barca or Madrid'.

Back
Top Bottom