Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's never attacked the fans his comments re money where perhaps unwise but hes a footballer not a philosopher. I fully expect him to work back into Poch plans. Rose was the first living embodiment that soft spurs was over. Hard as nails great wing back he deserves our forgiveness and respect sick of tired of people trying to run him out. Bloody love rose
All well & good Paddy. But he knew exactly what he was doing with that interview. The fact that it has spectacularly backfired on him doesn’t make me feel sorry for him. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 rightly says, it’s Rose that has everything to prove now because Davies has been supreme in his absence & his comments were also a dig at players like Ben.
I’m happy with whatever Poch decides but I won’t lose any sleep over Danny “sign some players I’ve heard of & pay me more money” Rose.
Used to love him,but it’s all over now.

He's never attacked the fans his comments re money where perhaps unwise but hes a footballer not a philosopher. I fully expect him to work back into Poch plans. Rose was the first living embodiment that soft spurs was over. Hard as nails great wing back he deserves our forgiveness and respect sick of tired of people trying to run him out. Bloody love rose
Apart from the first sentence I agree with all of that. As I said at the time Rose was one of my favourite players and I was gonna get him on this season's shirt. But that forgiveness you speak of shouldn't be given, it should be earned.

The fact is HE INSTIGATED an interview with The Sun, days before the start of a season, criticising Tottenham Hotspur. You just don't do that and he is rightfully criticised heavily for it. That's the height of disrespect and you're championing he be treated respectfully. Again, it is earned not given. It's a two way street.

There is no one to blame but Danny Rose and he doesn't ''deserve'' anything.

Rose will stay until the summer, get sold and we'll get Sessegnon in with a cool £20m-£25m profit I reckon. Good business if we do so.
has anyone in this board seen Sessegnon play week in and out? Totti allegedly but he's now in the bin scouting the Slovakian league.
An 18 year old from a championship side who most often doesn't play can't just walk into the runners up squad

has anyone in this board seen Sessegnon play week in and out? Totti allegedly but he's now in the bin scouting the Slovakian league.
An 18 year old from a championship side who most often doesn't play can't just walk into the runners up squad
Not week in, week out but more than most. If I had one, Fulham would be my ''second side''. He'd need time to bed in like anyone. I don't think he has Dele's attributes to adjust to the rough and tumble of the Prem straight away. I think he'd get there inside a season though. Another ex-Fulham youngster is bang in my sights as well, Patrick Roberts. Wonderful player.

Last edited:
I miss him terrifically. Davis has done well, but Rose is different class
_40490889_davis203.jpg

Nobody gives a fuck about being disagreed with, least of all if they see it’s you. It’s a forum. A place to debate. You should try it sometime.
You don't need to reply to every single post you disagree with, that's how useful the disagree button is. You should try it sometimes.

you disagree with everyone about everything.

anyhoo, you'd better crack on mate - you've got 326 of my old posts to disagree with.
Contain your excitement Micky

Anyway, he should do some more running judging from the training pictures. Looks like he has been through a divorce actually... and a haircut would do him well.

Guess life as a pro footballer is hard - just 50k a week, poor guy. Must live off takeaways every other day.

(I understand he wasn't able to do training - but Lamela on the other has managed to stay in shape.)

Anyway, he should do some more running judging from the training pictures. Looks like he has been through a divorce actually... and a haircut would do him well.

Guess life as a pro footballer is hard - just 50k a week, poor guy. Must live off takeaways every other day.

(I understand he wasn't able to do training - but Lamela on the other has managed to stay in shape.)
All the energy from the cocaine.

:lamelaaghh:

As far as I'm concerned, he fucked up but it kind of blew up in his face, if he gets his head down and puts the work in to get back I'm OK with it. I don't know about Pochettino though.

All well & good Paddy. But he knew exactly what he was doing with that interview. The fact that it has spectacularly backfired on him doesn’t make me feel sorry for him. As Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 rightly says, it’s Rose that has everything to prove now because Davies has been supreme in his absence & his comments were also a dig at players like Ben.
I’m happy with whatever Poch decides but I won’t lose any sleep over Danny “sign some players I’ve heard of & pay me more money” Rose.
Used to love him,but it’s all over now.
His comments certainly were not a dig at players like Ben. He Saadi that he had competition in his position, so why shouldnt others. I took this to mean he felt Ben Davies was strong competition for his position.

Things he said:
"I will play this game how I want to play it": means I will fuck off to a bigger team and earn more money if I want to.
"I don't want to play football for 15 years and not have one trophy or medal": not only does this mean he values winning things over loyalty to the club (OK most players do but it's not something you say), it also is a dig saying we are not good enough to win things! Totally disrespectful.
"I will get what I'm worth": talk to Poch/Levy about this not the press. Also have understanding that it's not just about you, we have a new ground to pay for, a wage structure, etc.
"the fans have been great for the last three years": veiled dig at the fans before that.
And the comment about googling players is massively disrespectful.
Also his apology is blatantly not heartfelt.

To be honest whilst I think he is an excellent footballer I never felt he had a good relationship with the fans. I remember at Sunderland one year a long time ago being really fucking angry at him because after the game he went round applauding all sides of the stadium EXCEPT us the away fans who had travelled up there. I also remember once at Chelsea (the game we lost 4-0 when Sherwood was manager) Rose was injured and was in the away end. He got into an argument with some yids and left the game and ground early because of it. Maybe he has a complex about us because of some things people said to him way back.

Let's not forget as well he didn't play in the 5-1 defeat at Newcastle because he'd got pissed with his former Sunderland teammates two nights before the game celebrating them staying up.

Good player or not I'd rather have someone who respects the fans and club, which in my view his actions and words show that he does not do. If he does come back I will certainly never sing his name, just as I never sang Modric's name after he wanted to go to the blue nazi scum.

Things he said:
"I will play this game how I want to play it": means I will fuck off to a bigger team and earn more money if I want to.
"I don't want to play football for 15 years and not have one trophy or medal": not only does this mean he values winning things over loyalty to the club (OK most players do but it's not something you say), it also is a dig saying we are not good enough to win things! Totally disrespectful.
"I will get what I'm worth": talk to Poch/Levy about this not the press. Also have understanding that it's not just about you, we have a new ground to pay for, a wage structure, etc.
"the fans have been great for the last three years": veiled dig at the fans before that.
And the comment about googling players is massively disrespectful.
Also his apology is blatantly not heartfelt.

To be honest whilst I think he is an excellent footballer I never felt he had a good relationship with the fans. I remember at Sunderland one year a long time ago being really fucking angry at him because after the game he went round applauding all sides of the stadium EXCEPT us the away fans who had travelled up there. I also remember once at Chelsea (the game we lost 4-0 when Sherwood was manager) Rose was injured and was in the away end. He got into an argument with some yids and left the game and ground early because of it. Maybe he has a complex about us because of some things people said to him way back.

Let's not forget as well he didn't play in the 5-1 defeat at Newcastle because he'd got pissed with his former Sunderland teammates two nights before the game celebrating them staying up.

Good player or not I'd rather have someone who respects the fans and club, which in my view his actions and words show that he does not do. If he does come back I will certainly never sing his name, just as I never sang Modric's name after he wanted to go to the blue nazi scum.

I agree with most of this.

However being in the away end at Stamford Bridge to me shows that he does (or did) give a sh*t. The arguments were probably down to his teammates and friends getting dogs abuse. In hindsight it was probably a bad decision on his part to sit with away fans at any point that season as it was a hostile time however I expect his decision to do so was coming from the right place.

Myself, unsure on what to think of Rose at this point. Was probably my favourite player before his comments, his attitude between now and the end of the season is important. He could learn a lot from Davies and Trippier on attitude but then again I always thought Danny had a superb attitude before the debacle this summer.

I agree with most of this.

However being in the away end at Stamford Bridge to me shows that he does (or did) give a sh*t. The arguments were probably down to his teammates and friends getting dogs abuse. In hindsight it was probably a bad decision on his part to sit with away fans at any point that season as it was a hostile time however I expect his decision to do so was coming from the right place.

Myself, unsure on what to think of Rose at this point. Was probably my favourite player before his comments, his attitude between now and the end of the season is important. He could learn a lot from Davies and Trippier on attitude but then again I always thought Danny had a superb attitude before the debacle this summer.
Yes possibly true about Chelsea, I don't know what the argument was about.

My sense of him is that he has a superb attitude in relation to his self-improvement as a footballer. But not a good attitude regarding the fans. I think his comments show that he does not understand us or what's it like to be a fan. Let's face it he shits all over us with his comments. Whereas Walker, despite leaving, understands through being a football fan himself. He left but he did it in a way that was respectful and I still have respect for him.

Yes possibly true about Chelsea, I don't know what the argument was about.

My sense of him is that he has a superb attitude in relation to his self-improvement as a footballer. But not a good attitude regarding the fans. I think his comments show that he does not understand us or what's it like to be a fan. Let's face it he shits all over us with his comments. Whereas Walker, despite leaving, understands through being a football fan himself. He left but he did it in a way that was respectful and I still have respect for him.

Cant disagree with that.

I hope he can change our opinion, but its going to be tough.

Back
Top Bottom