Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't the best game,and several players were off the mark. But I enjoyed myself. Managed to wangle an hour off work,so was in the Corner house pre match. Small crowd I know,but still quick service. Thought the tyke fans did themselves proud,and made plenty of racket. Onto the 4th round Hopefully a fixture that pulls a bigger crowd.

It wasn't the best game,and several players were off the mark. But I enjoyed myself. Managed to wangle an hour off work,so was in the Corner house pre match. Small crowd I know,but still quick service. Thought the tyke fans did themselves proud,and made plenty of racket. Onto the 4th round Hopefully a fixture that pulls a bigger crowd.
One of the bigger Championship teams should draw a decent crowd (and should motivate the team if motivation is an issue). Leeds or Bristol would be fun

We're getting accustomed to that stadium as players and as fans. We really to make more of a noise though last Barnsley sang poor little hearts out good on them.
Nothing great to report Sissoko actually didn't look completely useless and had some confidence in front of goal might have troubled the keeper a few times.
Juan Foyth is a proper ball player with Poch's guidance we'll be singing his name not too long from now.
Whatever happened to Trippier since he signed that new contract or maybe he lacks spaecial awareness at Wembley.
Moussa appears to be carrying a knock he just didn't have that velcro ball control, but looks like he's adjusting.
Dele needs protecting from us fans (show the guy love) he was by far the best player on the pitch but at times just over egged it and the referee allowed a couple of horrendous tackles on him. Took his goal well and celebrated.
The rest all did what was reasonably expected following the coach's instructions not to take it seriously. Special mention to N'koudou's nutmeg on the dying moments on their left back, was a thing of beauty and received a cheer from the whole stadium Barnsley fans included.
Lastly Barnsley played to their level compact and organised, they had a small threat going forward but would have needed a stroke of luck to score otherwise they looked as if they were happy to sit in around their box and keep us out. Effective but not at all entertaining.
We won and we roll on COYS

One of the bigger Championship teams should draw a decent crowd (and should motivate the team if motivation is an issue). Leeds or Bristol would be fun
Yeah, a decent draw should change things.
I thought Llorente would be on fire last night,a real chance to put pressure on the starting front line. But he still looked in pre season mode. I still think he is a great signing though.

Yeah, a decent draw should change things.
I thought Llorente would be on fire last night,a real chance to put pressure on the starting front line. But he still looked in pre season mode. I still think he is a great signing though.
In Fernando's defense he's had bsaically zero pre season. Broke his arm in July or something like that. He's getting adjusted. My guess is he and Kane pull a reverse switcharoo from last night on Saturday. Kane starts against the Hammers and Fernando come on in the second half so Kane can get some extra rest for the CL

We're getting accustomed to that stadium as players and as fans. We really to make more of a noise though last Barnsley sang poor little hearts out good on them.
Sounds to me like we are getting more and more used to playing (our game) at Wembley with each game little by little.

I'm a positive guy so I'd say the regular wins at Wembley will come. We're adapting.

Faith lads

Every week it's becoming painfully obvious the fanbase is not digging Wembley.
Even getting to a final is going to feel nauseating at the thought of playing it there
Well I actually enjoy going to Wembley. I enjoy the fact I can go to all the top matches without paying ticket tout prices.
We'll have close to 70,000 v Bournmouth. More than Barcelona in la liga last night. And close to 80,00O v Liverpool. It couldn't be more obvious Wembley was the right choice. Your alternative would have been a betrayal by the club of its supporters.

Well I actually enjoy going to Wembley. I enjoy the fact I can go to all the top matches without paying ticket tout prices.
We'll have close to 70,000 v Bournmouth. More than Barcelona in la liga last night. And close to 80,00O v Liverpool. It couldn't be more obvious Wembley was the right choice. Your alternative would have been a betrayal by the club of its supporters.
Like I said anyone enjoying it is more than welcome to and I'm glad they are having a good experience. You dont have to sell it to me with projected attendance figures.

I've heard the same people saying "stop moaning it's for a season" acting as if renting it for one season has some kind of long lasting benefit to our future.

So what if there's 80,000 against Liverpool instead of 30, in a one off game.

MK wasn't my choice, it was something the club came up with, but I would have still considered going there as I think it would have been more "Fulham away" than West Ham at the OS.
A betrayal of the club?
Not in my book.....should have done everything in our power to have the team playing somewhere as similar to WHL as possible in an attempt to crack on with our immense development ON the pitch.

Too many people trying to think like a chairman and not a fan. Our finances don't depend on 19 games at Wembley, and personally I couldnt give a shit that people in the Philippines think we are a massive club because we borrowed the national stadium for one season.

Like I said anyone enjoying it is more than welcome to and I'm glad they are having a good experience. You dont have to sell it to me with projected attendance figures.

I've heard the same people saying "stop moaning it's for a season" acting as if renting it for one season has some kind of long lasting benefit to our future.
I mean it allows us to build a new stadium without moving away from our home. That's a long term benefit

No, I just don't believe you.

And Im 40 years old, so couldnt give a shit. Im really not tragic enough to list stadiums Ive been to to "prove" something to someone I dont know who wants to start an argument because I dont like Wembley

:avbshit:

I moved abroad when I was 24.....lived in two different countries since, learned two languages and you think its beyond me to sit on a train and find my way into a stadium in another city in England.

Last edited:
MK would have done that
I went to the Chelsea and Swansea games. If we'd gone to MK I wouldn't have been able to get tickets for either. I'm going to the Liverpool game and looking forward to it. MK would have given me no chance. Football is about the fans. How would moving to MK have benefited tens of thousands of fans like me?

I went to the Chelsea and Swansea games. If we'd gone to MK I wouldn't have been able to get tickets for either. I'm going to the Liverpool game and looking forward to it. MK would have given me no chance. Football is about the fans. How would moving to MK have benefited tens of thousands of fans like me?

Yeah well better make the new WHL bigger then because 30,000 will miss out next year, oops

Also, "all about the fans".....the fans were milked

Last edited:
And Im 40 years old, so couldnt give a shit. Im really not tragic enough to list stadiums Ive been to to "prove" something to someone I dont know who wants to start an argument because I dont like Wembley

:avbshit:

I moved abroad when I was 24.....lived in two different countries since, learned two languages and you think its beyond me to sit on a train and find my way into a stadium in another city in England.

No. I just don't think you will go to any away games this season.

Back
Top Bottom