Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Valencia are a mess, the stadium has been three-quarters finished for about 7 years now. A massive monument to breathtaking corruption and financial incompetence, illegal bank loans, huge back handers, all sorts.

They have to pay a skeleton team of 5 or 6 builders €10,000 or so each month to do literally nothing apart from be on site at all times or else they incur multi-million euro penalties that would bankrupt the club. The latest is that they claim it will open in 2019. No one believes them. This is the current state of the build, it's been neglected so long that some construction sources describe it as a ruin...

foto-de-las-ruinas-del-nuevo-mestalla_529161.jpg
This is what Wet Spam will look like in a couple of years

Not the point. Shouldn't have played this game.
Should have played against Swansea, his selections, of which this is one cost us two points.
I think Poch is better at assessing his fitness than you or me. There were two days between Dortmund and Swansea, as opposed to three between Barnsley and the eel munchers, plus Dortmund was a very high intensity game. I trust that Poch knows what he's doing with the Moose.

No broadcaster for the game here (cunt of a time slot too) but I see Mousa played. FFS Poch, resting our best CM from the premier league for a who cares cup match. Get your shit together.

He's just rotating Dembele and Dier whilst Wanyama is out - not sure who else he could have played holding mid

He's just rotating Dembele and Dier whilst Wanyama is out - not sure who else he could have played holding mid
It's ok if it pays off. It's a results business, if we were that concerned about CM depth, well we could have bought someone last month, or better yet not loaned Onomah. Excuses over depth fall on deaf ears one month after the window shuts. you either use the window to fix the deficiency or cop the criticism when it negatively affects the team, most of us have known for a while that Moose can't play heaps of matches in short succession. Either trust Winks to be able to start prem games or buy someone. Alas, given he's expected to play the Pikey on Saturday and we have the Tuesday CL match this time resting him for this match was a better option. No one cares about the League Cup until they get to the SF stage.

No Dembele, Son at LWB, Trippier over Aurier, Sissoko at RWB over Aurier, Llorente on with Trippier at LB. All bad team set ups. In a results business if Harry's shot goes under the cross bar then no one cares but he didn't so we do. Wembley is problematic enough for us, let alone dropping 4pts to Championship teams in the premiership.

Why?
Ive made an active decision not to go unless its a final. Because thats the only game we should be playing there. Any game I do this season will be away and I dont care what anyone thinks about that. For many fans, not having a home is depressing. Where should they talk about it?
On KUMB?

Fair weather fan comes out of the closet...

Best advice i can give you to escape your pain and persecution is to move here:

l2.jpg

It's ok if it pays off. It's a results business, if we were that concerned about CM depth, well we could have bought someone last month, or better yet not loaned Onomah. Excuses over depth fall on deaf ears one month after the window shuts. you either use the window to fix the deficiency or cop the criticism when it negatively affects the team, most of us have known for a while that Moose can't play heaps of matches in short succession. Either trust Winks to be able to start prem games or buy someone. Alas, given he's expected to play the Pikey on Saturday and we have the Tuesday CL match this time resting him for this match was a better option. No one cares about the League Cup until they get to the SF stage.

No Dembele, Son at LWB, Trippier over Aurier, Sissoko at RWB over Aurier, Llorente on with Trippier at LB. All bad team set ups. In a results business if Harry's shot goes under the cross bar then no one cares but he didn't so we do. Wembley is problematic enough for us, let alone dropping 4pts to Championship teams in the premiership.

Tbf Wanyama maybe missed 1-2 games last season.......we already have too many players to fit into our CL squad, so you can't have an endless amount of cover

And Im 40 years old, so couldnt give a shit. Im really not tragic enough to list stadiums Ive been to to "prove" something to someone I dont know who wants to start an argument because I dont like Wembley

:avbshit:

I moved abroad when I was 24.....lived in two different countries since, learned two languages and you think its beyond me to sit on a train and find my way into a stadium in another city in England.

Was one of those languages learned double dutch?

Fair weather fan comes out of the closet...

Best advice i can give you to escape your pain and persecution is to move here:

l2.jpg

Haha, fairweather....the only one here who isnt embarrassed at the idea of groundsharing with MK in a 30,000 seat ground. LOL

I think you have your wires crossed...Wembley is for finals, not the first round of the Coca Cola or league games.

Its shit.

But its big!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbf Wanyama maybe missed 1-2 games last season.......we already have too many players to fit into our CL squad, so you can't have an endless amount of cover
CM is our weakest area. Mousa and Wanyama then a drop off. I rate Dier as a centre half far more than as a DM.
Winks is young and still learning. Again, can't complain about the squad size then keep dross like GKN. Who said anything about CL squad anyway, that's only 1 competition of 4 we'll compete in this season.

Haha, fairweather....the only one here who isnt embarrassed at the idea of groundsharing with MK in a 30,000 seat ground. LOL

I think you have your wires crossed...Wembley is for finals, not the first round of the Coca Cola or league games.

Its shit.

But its big!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MK Dons isn't the answer either imo. For footballing morality reasons given what they did to Wimbledon.
I'd rather have asked Elton for a ground share at Vicarage Road than go to Dons, and I'm starting to really hate playing at Wembley. 2018/19 season cannot come quick enough.

Maybe we should have trolled the Gooners and moved into their real homeland and played at Charlton

:dembelelol:

CM is our weakest area. Mousa and Wanyama then a drop off. I rate Dier as a centre half far more than as a DM.
Winks is young and still learning. Again, can't complain about the squad size then keep dross like GKN. Who said anything about CL squad anyway, that's only 1 competition of 4 we'll compete in this season.

Who has a better centre midfield than us?.......Not Woolwich, City or Liverpool.....possibly Chelsea or United, but that's debatable.

MK Dons isn't the answer either imo. For footballing morality reasons given what they did to Wimbledon.
I'd rather have asked Elton for a ground share at Vicarage Road than go to Dons, and I'm starting to really hate playing at Wembley. 2018/19 season cannot come quick enough.

Maybe we should have trolled the Gooners and moved into their real homeland and played at Charlton

:dembelelol:

To be honest, the MK reasoning people are using is only valid if you would have stopped following this club had we moved to Stratford...we´d probably be called London Hotspur by now.

So if MK is a reason on moral grounds, ask yourself honestly if you would have taken the next step at the OS had we won the bid.

I wouldnt have. Spurs would have ceased to exist for me, and I have no judgement on any fans who went along.

Might be double standards on my part but I dont give a toss for Wimbledon to be honest....maybe if they got more than 25 fans a week they wouldnt have gone to shit

I rate Dier as DM season before last, this season he is ropey but I am giving him leeway due to getting up to speed from playing RCB last year.

as well as the options mentioned above Dele and Erikson are ok in CM if need be before moving a CB into there.

Back
Top Bottom