Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to the Chelsea and Swansea games. If we'd gone to MK I wouldn't have been able to get tickets for either. I'm going to the Liverpool game and looking forward to it. MK would have given me no chance. Football is about the fans. How would moving to MK have benefited tens of thousands of fans like me?
Going to the Mk would of benefited no fans except sammy because he isn't the one going to the games, he'll be sat at home watching on a monitor .

I'm not sure how the MK v Wembley debate helps any more. We are at Wembley because it was decided that MK was not a large enough stadium & it is a pain in the arse for London based fans to get to. Bearing in mind Spurs is a London club, I don't think that's an unreasonable stance. Our new stadium will be closer to the size/area of Wembley than MK. I actually think that our time at Wembley will prepare us well for moving back into our bigger, better WHL. But my opinion means nothing here, because we are at Wembley for this season. It's done & dusted & cant be changed. It's therefore making the best of a bad lot for those who don't like it. Fans can make the atmosphere better. What does concern me is what I've read on here about the stewarding. It seems that they are keen to make sure that there is no atmosphere. (In fairness though, I've been once this year & the stewards were fine)

But again, why do people have to stand to sing? I can sing/shout just as loudly whether I'm on my feet or my arse. I won't be quiet just because I've been asked to sit down. It ain't the fucking theatre.

TLDR: We are stuck with wembley this term. Falling out about it is pointless.

...and they are an utter fucking cunt of a club who Spurs should have as little to do with as humanly possible.

:allitongue:
- "Utter cunt of a club", you put it better than I could
- Financially did not make sense
- Not fair on Spurs fans who would have missed out on games
- Not fair on our fans for travel reasons, I already do 17+ away games per season, having effectively another 23+ would be a blow financially and time wise.
- Would the atmosphere have been that much better? I can imagine games like last night the crowd being half full of locals from MK who don't support Spurs.
- It's still a different stadium and the home advantage is still lost from the players point of view. I don't think the acoustics of Wembley are the only factor behind it being harder to pick up points there.
- We're a London club and should be playing in London

It's a no brainer. Let's leave this discussion behind.

As for the game, it was one for the die-hards, I feel like we should have all bunched up and stood together to try and get a singsong going rather than being dispersed in twos and threes all around the lower tier, but stewards were being cunts and checking tickets were for the right areas, which they don't normally do. I think there was a pocket of yids at the other end from me who did this and they created something more of an atmosphere. Dembele and Barnsley's striker were the best two players on the pitch I thought.

...and they are an utter fucking cunt of a club who Spurs should have as little to do with as humanly possible.

:allitongue:

Dele Alli transfer to Tottenham creates MK Dons 'legacy'

Well unlucky for the moral police among us, we´re the club who has contributed the most to their status.
But thats ok, because it suited us to buy Dele.....who knows, he might have been performing out of his skin back there this season.

At least one of the players would have been at home.....shame for him, so many Spursfans see his home as "scum"

On the subject of empty seats, I'm readng in the Spanish press this morning that Celta are going to be the first club to be fined by La Liga for not ensuring that the stands that can be seen on TV are 75% full and thus not "offering the best possible televisual product for viewers around the world, which increases the value of La Liga within a framework of ensuring competiveness with the Premier League".

The people who run Spanish football really are next-level cunts, be thankful for (very) small mercies.

On the subject of empty seats, I'm readng in the Spanish press this morning that Celta are going to be the first club to be fined by La Liga for not ensuring that the stands that can be seen on TV are 75% full and thus not "offering the best possible televisual product for viewers around the world, which increases the value of La Liga within a framework of ensuring competiveness with the Premier League".

The people who run Spanish football really are next-level cunts, be thankful for (very) small mercies.
I read that as well. If I remember right two years ago Celta just had the bottom bowl of the stadium covered with a big banner and had all the crowd in the top bowl to make it seem more full so they've been fighting this problem for a while

I read that as well. If I remember right two years ago Celta just had the bottom bowl of the stadium covered with a big banner and had all the crowd in the top bowl to make it seem more full so they've been fighting this problem for a while
The rule is new this year so maybe there were other considerations. I know there are problems with their ground, Balaidos, it had to be closed during strong winds last year and the match with Madrid postponed. The club executives jumped on this as proof of the need to move out miles away into the countryside around Vigo and thus become the first Spanish side to not actually be based where their name says they are, much to the disgust of Celta fans.

No broadcaster for the game here (cunt of a time slot too) but I see Mousa played. FFS Poch, resting our best CM from the premier league for a who cares cup match. Get your shit together.

The rule is new this year so maybe there were other considerations. I know there are problems with their ground, Balaidos, it had to be closed during strong winds last year and the match with Madrid postponed. The club executives jumped on this as proof of the need to move out miles away into the countryside around Vigo and thus become the first Spanish side to not actually be based where their name says they are, much to the disgust of Celta fans.
Are they also cracking down on stadium renovations? Hasn't Valencia's stadium been under re-construction for close to a decade?

Are they also cracking down on stadium renovations? Hasn't Valencia's stadium been under re-construction for close to a decade?
Valencia are a mess, the stadium has been three-quarters finished for about 7 years now. A massive monument to breathtaking corruption and financial incompetence, illegal bank loans, huge back handers, all sorts.

They have to pay a skeleton team of 5 or 6 builders €10,000 or so each month to do literally nothing apart from be on site at all times or else they incur multi-million euro penalties that would bankrupt the club. The latest is that they claim it will open in 2019. No one believes them. This is the current state of the build, it's been neglected so long that some construction sources describe it as a ruin...

foto-de-las-ruinas-del-nuevo-mestalla_529161.jpg

No broadcaster for the game here (cunt of a time slot too) but I see Mousa played. FFS Poch, resting our best CM from the premier league for a who cares cup match. Get your shit together.
Poch's not an idiot, he knows Mousa has three days recovery time, he subbed him early, it wasn't a high intensity game. He will play against West Ham. Poch wouldn't have played him if he thought it would rule him out at the weekend.

Valencia are a mess, the stadium has been three-quarters finished for about 7 years now. A massive monument to breathtaking corruption and financial incompetence, illegal bank loans, huge back handers, all sorts.

They have to pay a skeleton team of 5 or 6 builders €10,000 or so each month to do literally nothing apart from be on site at all times or else they incur multi-million euro penalties that would bankrupt the club. The latest is that they claim it will open in 2019. No one believes them. This is the current state of the build, it's been neglected so long that some construction sources describe it as a ruin...

foto-de-las-ruinas-del-nuevo-mestalla_529161.jpg
If you presented that to me as a model replica I would have bought it

He was probably the best bloke on the park.

Poch's not an idiot, he knows Mousa has three days recovery time, he subbed him early, it wasn't a high intensity game. He will play against West Ham. Poch wouldn't have played him if he thought it would rule him out at the weekend.
Not the point. Shouldn't have played this game.
Should have played against Swansea, his selections, of which this is one cost us two points.

Back
Top Bottom