Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he's still behaving like a gimp by next summer, cash in on him.

His demenour suggests he's bought into his own hype as a #10, trying silly tricks and acting aloof on the pitch; I'd rather play the Edwards wildcard than see Dele flatter to decieve like this. As someone already said, drag him back into reality and midfield with defensive duties to wobble his head.
A word I have not seen for a long time.:)

I don't get this need to scapegoat players after a frustrating appearance where he got kicked to fuck, I just don't think you understand. This type of reaction will go down with the whole 'he plays on the left' shambles when we no longer have Alli, Dele Alli, and he is smashing it at another club. Furthermore, the lad cost 5mil, and he's better than massive signings like Ozil. I just don't think you understand

Dele is not nearly as good as he thinks he is. I just want to see a bit more application from him.
If he has an attitude come next summer then flog him to one of the big clubs if indeed they want him.
I personally think he would struggle at a club like Real Madrid. For the first year or two anyway.

Last edited:
Dele is not nearly as good as he thinks he is. I just want to see a bit more application from him.
If he has an attitude come next summer then flog him to one of the big clubs if indeed they want him.
I personally think he would struggle at a club like Real Madrid. For the first year or two anyway.
He is 21, Ronaldo was still trying a hundred stepovers a game and diving every two minutes at 21.
I do wonder if Dele did less nutmegs and gamesmanship if he would get kicked less and protected more by the referee. But it is what it is, and there aren't many I'd swap him with, and certainly nobody who is 21

He is 21 years old for christ's sake. Of course he was going to have a dip in form at some point.
Don't bench him, don't sell him, help him through it. We have a real diamond on our hands with Dele, if you can't see it then watch golf or something because you know nothing about football.

He is 21, Ronaldo was still trying a hundred stepovers a game and diving every two minutes at 21.
I do wonder if Dele did less nutmegs and gamesmanship if he would get kicked less and protected more by the referee. But it is what it is, and there aren't many I'd swap him with, and certainly nobody who is 21
Fair enough, but I do think he needs to toughen up physically given the treatment he gets.
Shades of a young Gareth Bale I think.

We aren't going to have him for long. The amount of kicks he gets during a match, often from two tight markers at once, he's going to have to retire early. Like Van Basten, his body is going to eventually give up unless he gets more protection.

He is 21 years old for christ's sake. Of course he was going to have a dip in form at some point.
Don't bench him, don't sell him, help him through it. We have a real diamond on our hands with Dele, if you can't see it then watch golf or something because you know nothing about football.
whilst I do agree with you, this whole agent thing does worry me a little. one report i read last week said that Mino Raiola and Jorge Mendez were sniffing round. If you've got that pair of parasites whispering in your ear and promising they can get you the moon on a stick,and get scarlett johannsen to suck you off, just sign here, it would distract even someone like harry kane.

We aren't going to have him for long. The amount of kicks he gets during a match, often from two tight markers at once, he's going to have to retire early. Like Van Basten, his body is going to eventually give up unless he gets more protection.
Or moves to Spain

This kid is mustard, one of the very best talents in the World. He is one of the reasons why we had the best attack in the Country last year and yes that includes his tricks and flicks, when they come off we are through on goal having broken the block. He must continue to do this, if not expect a lot more simple, dull, boring safe football, oh and no goals. His runs off the ball are arguably the best in the country, ends in goals or assists when he is picked out or if he's not picked out his run will have created space for someone else to create/score from.

Yesterday he was targeted by Swansea (almost all others teams do too) he was fouled almost every-time he was on the ball, the most fouled player on the pitch yesterday and the 2nd most fouled player in the league behind Hazard. He's 21yrs old for fuck sake, he now needs to perfect new ways to effect the opposition, just as Kane had to do when teams got wise to him and would double up on him.

Our system didn't help him yesterday, blame that if anything. But he still created our joint most amount of chances yesterday.

Might have been crap last night but fair play to him for not punching someone or taking somebodies legs off their body, I know I would have been tempted if I was getting nibbled at all game and not getting free kicks for it.

Calm down, Muffin, I didn't go that far.

Wasn't your "professional opinion" that Aurier would struggle to get it done and a load of other shit?

And mine was that if someone can get away with murder then they'd ace a work permit?

And then Aurier got his work permit. Dat knowledge.
It's not a "work permit" despite the press parlance, and find me where I ever said he wouldn't get it. What I explained were the hurdles that he'd have to go through and that I couldn't see Levy being being bothered with it all unless things changed in the French legal proceedings, because of Rule 320 of HC 395. Perhaps you can find the bit where I said "under no circumstances can it ever happen".

Know it all twat. Get a life.

Reading the last few pages of this thread in utter disbelief at 90% of the posts....."bench him", "sell him", etc

Unbelievable.
Expecting people like Danny Rose to be loyal to you when you turn on someone who has already got two goals this season and despite not playing to his lofty standards has been one of our best the last two seasons. Hypocritical.

If he was crap, then so to was everyone else! Have you specifically called out each of the other players as crap?
Mate I wasn't having a go, and yes everyone else was crap compared to their usual selves! I was actually commending him for not kicking out at anyone despite the obvious ploy from Swansea to kick the shit out of him.

Why is Dele exempt from criticism?

Hes been shocking for a while now. I don't think his potential ability or previous performance levels should come into it at all.

Same with Kane two seasons ago. His performance wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, he just needs to play through this patch

Dele always had problems with bus parking sides, not much of wiggle room for all his little tricks. He can't create much with no space. Getting a second forward on and dropping Eriksen deep might have utilized him better

Why is Dele exempt from criticism?

Hes been shocking for a while now. I don't think his potential ability or previous performance levels should come into it at all.

He's always played like this - his general play hasn't changed at all, he's just not scoring at the same rate at the moment.

Exactly the same things were being said this time last season......then he went on a scoring run and everyone that was criticising starting sucking him off.

Ultimately he's a class player, he does the most difficult thing; to score lots of goals.

Back
Top Bottom