Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus fucking Christ how much do you want to nitpick mate? I was not complaining about you disagreeing with my Sanchez post, I don't give a fuck what reactions I get, just stating the fact that I actually had complained about another players performance. Why the fuck should I have to go on every single player thread to talk about Dele?
Because you choose to call out Dele as crap and not other players. If you thought Dele was crap, why not call out all the other players? Makes no sense to do so IMO. He was no bad or good than anyone else on the pitch but you make a specific b-line towards Dele, this is the point I'm making.

I'm braindead, but you're arguing we were still winning when Kane wasn't playing. Why? BECAUSE DELE WAS SCORING MANY OF THOSE GOALS you utter knobjockey. :pochfacepalm:

Our biggest scorers by far over the past few seasons is Kane, Son and Dele. Your argument is that it is better to drop one and rely on the other two to compensate, rather than try and use all three when fit, as Poch does (Son has played in every game this season in case you haven't noticed). But I'm the "moron" that is "so stupid" because I want out three highest scorers playing instead of two of them?

Jesus wept. :dempsey:

And none of that is a reply to what I said. Good job.

:dembelelol:

Because you choose to call out Dele as crap and not other players. If you thought Dele was crap, why not call out all the other players? Makes no sense to do so IMO. He was no bad or good than anyone else on the pitch but you make a specific b-line towards Dele, this is the point I'm making.
Because I don't have time to make a specific post for every single player after every single match. I saw the thread and was thinking about the match and though 'actually Dele did well not to snap somebodies legs in half' and chose to post about that, I prefaced this with that I thought he was crap so that people didn't jump on my ass for sucking up to Alli for not criticising him but criticising other players, can't win.

Because I don't have time to make a specific post for every single player after every single match. I saw the thread and was thinking about the match and though 'actually Dele did well not to snap somebodies legs in half' and chose to post about that, I prefaced this with that I thought he was crap so that people didn't jump on my ass for sucking up to Alli for not criticising him but criticising other players, can't win.
makes perfect sense.

The new scapegoat after Ben Davies didn't play.

Won us alot of free kicks. Dele wasn't shit, he did what Poch instructed him to do and our style of play was just too lethargic. I hope we start working on some new corner and free kick routines, because I could've have punched a wall everytime we played a short routine.

The new scapegoat after Ben Davies didn't play.

Won us alot of free kicks. Dele wasn't shit, he did what Poch instructed him to do and our style of play was just too lethargic. I hope we start working on some new corner and free kick routines, because I could've have punched a wall everytime we played a short routine.
Much prefer short. Keep the ball circulating and moving (yesterday we didn't move it as quickly as we can).

Still, the amount of times Swansea's centre backs were able to just head it away comfortably was way too high.

Also, those half arsed crosses yesterday. Anyway, can't wait to play away again, except next week, in the BTEC Wembley.
Corners are a waist of time (tired of arguing it). But our tactics yesterday of pumping cross after cross, after cross to one or at most two Spurs players against 6 defenders and a keeper was utterly soul destroying. If this was a tactic then why not play Llorentte from the first min? That is his strength, it's not Kane's. Then oddly, when we did bring on Llorentte we then choose not to cross the ball to him, I think he didn't touch the ball for a good 10 mins.

Alli was shit yesterday, winning free kicks isn't enough, he's there to create and score.

He should have been taken off yesterday, not Son.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't the only one who was poor yesterday, but we are talking about him being a £100m+ player, not the others.

Corners are a waist of time (tired of arguing it). But our tactics yesterday of pumping cross after cross, after cross to one or at most two Spurs players against 6 defenders and a keeper was utterly soul destroying. If this was a tactic then why not play Llorentte from the first min? That is his strength, it's not Kane's. Then oddly, when we did bring on Llorentte we then choose not to cross the ball to him, I think he didn't touch the ball for a good 10 mins.

Add to that Aurier comes on (turns out he can't cross for shit) and the RB that can actually cross is playing on the left!!
All sorts of fucked up.

Reading the last few pages of this thread in utter disbelief at 90% of the posts....."bench him", "sell him", etc

Unbelievable.

Nothing wrong with anybody's comments and most would change once Alli scores a goal or two.

For now though and with Sissoko putting in more effort and looking like he can be half decent Alli is bearing the brunt of fans' frustration.

I doubt many want Alli sold anytime soon but a game or two on the bench might be an option.

Add to that Aurier comes on (turns out he can't cross for shit) and the RB that can actually cross is playing on the left!!
All sorts of fucked up.

I thought our crossing of the ball on Saturday was really poor in every respect but the simple facts were we had enough of the ball and had enough chances to win.

Beyond that, all the analysis in the world ain't going to make a jot of difference.

I feel we lack something this season but also think we are a strong unit.

We are 5th and yes 5 points behind the two Manx clubs but with a lot of our players nowhere near their best at present.

Ali didn't have his finest game for sure.Alli was out of sorts with the other players because they all played or most played Wednesday. Even Tripier seem out of sync (Sissoko is always out of sync). It's a team game everybody needs to think and play as one , it was just one of those days for him. It's frustrating I know, we are a lot better than that and we must stay focused on the bigger picture we are a really good side.

I feel we lack something this season but also think we are a strong unit.
it's just another slight transition but I agree with you we are a very strong unit. Look at city last season they had that transition spell and look at this season looking really strong.. we are going in the right direction for me it's all positive from here and it says something that we don't play well , get a point and we are all disappointed .

Nothing wrong with anybody's comments and most would change once Alli scores a goal or two.

For now though and with Sissoko putting in more effort and looking like he can be half decent Alli is bearing the brunt of fans' frustration.

I doubt many want Alli sold anytime soon but a game or two on the bench might be an option.
It's absolutely baffling the reaction to the mere suggestion that Dele start a game on the bench or that he's been poor.

90% of people here were and still are desperate for a lightning quick AM like Hazard that can dribble with pace......"why didn't we sign that player!!!!"

Errr what's the point when Dele could never in a million years be rotated or dropped? Oh such blasphemy!

Maybe drop Eriksen for the tricky winger even though Eriksen is actually performing, I mean Dele on the bench??? NEVER!!!!!

All sorts of fucked up.
Give Aurier a chance mate! He did more than Trips in the 27 mins he was on than Trips has done every game combined this season. A cross is very, very, very low percentage, they rarely result in goals. It's not that X, Y or Z player can't cross (corner or in open play) it's because they rarely come off because it's hard to perform and easy to defend against. Trips crossing, his only famed asset, has been woeful this season, I mean he has lumped in 36 crosses this season from 4 appearances and just 4 of them have found a Spurs player!! Proves the point that crossing is low percentage and maybe that he just isn't that great at crossing as people think.

Aurier has played less than half an hour of prem football, made 8 crosses and and found a Spurs player with one. I'd further argue that the position of the cross from Aurier is far more dangerous than from Trips because his crosses come with him getting behind the oppo defence, Tripp's crosses are hit early as he doesn't get behind oppo defence. The are loads of knock-on issues with this as ashram Tripp's crosses the oppo can use the ball better than Aurier's as they are facing up the pitch when they win the ball back, there is less panic more controlled re-gain of possession by the oppo, this limits our chances of counter-pressing the oppo too.

Having said all that, it was hugely frustrating on Sat to watch cross, after fucking cross pumped into the box only for us to stop doing that when we brought on Llorente! The mind simply boggles at this.

No. The media is talking about him being that, and you are buying into it.

People seem to forget Alli is only 21, still a long way off hitting his peak. Still a lot to learn, it's the media who have built him up and I'm sure they'll start dismantling him soon. Give him a break he's still young.

Not aimed at you Sal, just adding to your comment.

Back
Top Bottom