Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's always played like this - his general play hasn't changed at all, he's just not scoring at the same rate at the moment.

Exactly the same things were being said this time last season......then he went on a scoring run and everyone that was criticising starting sucking him off.

Ultimately he's a class player, he does the most difficult thing; to score lots of goals.
This!

He's always played like this - his general play hasn't changed at all, he's just not scoring at the same rate at the moment.

Exactly the same things were being said this time last season......then he went on a scoring run and everyone that was criticising starting sucking him off.

Ultimately he's a class player, he does the most difficult thing; to score lots of goals.

Actually he hasn't always played like this.

And I don't see why that means he's exempt from criticism. Ultimately, he wasn't good enough yesterday? We're others in out team good enough? No.

But they have performed at one stage or another this season.

Fucking hell he's reaching Kane and Lloris levels here. Where if you criticise anything youre marked with disagrees because they are the golden boys.

Actually he hasn't always played like this.

And I don't see why that means he's exempt from criticism. Ultimately, he wasn't good enough yesterday? We're others in out team good enough? No.

But they have performed at one stage or another this season.
There's criticism, and the there's the "he's shit, drop him" crowd who are making our he's suddenly dipped into the worst ever form and can't put two passes together. I mean, he's already scored two goals this season after five game. We can't give him the benefit of the doubt during a brief dip in form? I think we can and I think that's why people think the "criticism" happening right now is a bit overblown.

There's criticism, and the there's the "he's shit, drop him" crowd who are making our he's suddenly dipped into the worst ever form and can't put two passes together. I mean, he's already scored two goals this season after five game. We can't give him the benefit of the doubt during a brief dip in form? I think we can and I think that's why people think the "criticism" happening right now is a bit overblown.

I don't think dropping him is the wrong decision. He isn't performing. I think those saying sell him are pathetic though. He's easily the most disposable of our attacking three, but his performance don't warrant getting rid. He just needs time on the bench to show that he isn't invincible.

If anything, I'd have started him in place of Dembele yesterday and played the exact same line up as the one that obliterated Dortmund.

I don't think dropping him is the wrong decision. He isn't performing.
Bullshit. He's scored twice in five games. Since when is a near one goal in two games ratio "not performing"? That ratio, over the course of a season, is nearly 20 goals, the same form he exhibited over the past two seasons.

Actually he has.

No, he hasn't. He hasn't even played this position throughout his whole tenure here so I'm not sure what you're actually watching.

Bullshit. He's scored twice in five games. Since when is a near one goal in two games ratio "not performing"?

Once again. Goals don't equate how well you perform. Someone else would have scored if Alli hadn't. Probably Son, who has 1 goal in 2 starts this season..

In fact, all of our other attacking players have better input per minute than Alli this season. But that doesn't surprise me. Kane and Eriksen are on a different level to him.

Bullshit. He's scored twice in five games. Since when is a near one goal in two games ratio "not performing"? That ratio, over the course of a season, is nearly 20 goals, the same form he exhibited over the past two seasons.

All of this has come about because people are being influenced by the Press, they say that Alli changing agents means he's leaving - so everyone starts to look for reasons to slag him off so they can be first in line with the "told you so's".

He has.

I can keep this up all day.

I'm surprised you'd like being wrong all day. Not the greatest look.

Convenient you left out the rest of the message in that quote. Next think you'll tell me is that he's played the same position every single game he's played for us.

I get that, but you haven't activated any of the other players threads calling them crap is the point.
You literally just disagreed my post in Davinson Sanchez's thread saying I thought he was poor. Why the fuck would I have it out for Dele? Just because I am saying I thought he didn't have his best game doesn't mean I want him benched or sold like some of the idiots posting in here. I am sure Dele himself would say he he didn't have his best game yesterday, and if you read the original post it is clear my tone was commending him for not losing his cool.

Once again. Goals don't equate how well you perform. Someone else would have scored if Alli hadn't.
Most idiotic comment I've read this week. Goals don't equate how well you perform? If you're an attacking player they sure as hell do....and in case you haven't picked this up from your Googling, goals win games. Someone else would have scored if Dele isn't? Well, why wasn't Janssen scoring when Kane wasn't playing last year? Because according to you it's easy score in the PL. Drop Dele and someone else just strolls in to make up his goals. You cite Son, but you obviously didn't watch many games last year because our goals were mostly a combination of him, Kane and Dele. So, on the face of it, if you drop one of those you could potentially reduce your goal amount by a third. With Dele's goal ratio not having changed from last season there really isn't a credible argument for him to be dropped. What's happened here is that you've seen him have a quiet couple of games and bought into this narrative that he is terribly out of form, but it isn't true. If another five games go by and he doesn't score or get any assists, then maybe there is an argument that he is truly out of form. But that's not where we are today.

I'm surprised you'd like being wrong all day. Not the greatest look.
Any advice on how you deal with it?

Convenient you left out the rest of the message in that quote. Next think you'll tell me is that he's played the same position every single game he's played for us.
He has played the position every team we've played 343, before that he was usually getting slagged off for not doing anything whilst playing on the left side of the 3 in a 4231. His general style of play hasn't changed at all, he was always trying flicks, dribbles and going down easily to get freekicks.

You literally just disagreed my post in Davinson Sanchez's thread saying I thought he was poor. Why the fuck would I have it out for Dele? Just because I am saying I thought he didn't have his best game doesn't mean I want him benched or sold like some of the idiots posting in here. I am sure Dele himself would say he he didn't have his best game yesterday, and if you read the original post it is clear my tone was commending him for not losing his cool.
I disagree with you on Sanchez, I thought he was great, so disagreed. If you thought Dele "was crap" your words not mine, then I challenged to to call out ever other player, because it must mean they were crap too, but you haven't, just Sanchez but I think you are wrong.

Most idiotic comment I've read this week. Goals don't equate how well you perform? If you're an attacking player they sure as hell do....and in case you haven't picked this up from your Googling, goals win games. Someone else would have scored if Dele isn't? Well, why wasn't Janssen scoring when Kane wasn't playing last year? Because according to you it's easy score in the PL. Drop Dele and someone else just strolls in to make up his goals. You cite Son, but you obviously didn't watch many games last year because our goals were mostly a combination of him, Kane and Dele. So, on the face of it, if you drop one of those you could potentially reduce your goal amount by a third. With Dele's goal ratio not having changed from last season there really isn't a credible argument for him to be dropped. What's happened here is that you've seen him have a quiet couple of games and bought into this narrative that he is terribly out of form, but it isn't true. If another five games go by and he doesn't score or get any assists, then maybe there is an argument that he is truly out of form. But that's not where we are today.

You're actually a fucking moron and it's pointless even debating with someone so stupid.

As if you would use the Kane scenario too, considering we didn't lose a single game Kane missed and Son scored a shit load of goals in his absence. Fucking hell, brain dead.

Alli scoring yesterday wouldn't have negated his terrible performance. All it would have done is give idiots like you ammo to use when defending such a shit performance.

Dele is not Messi. He's not very good at creating chances for himself. But he is amazing at what he does, which is clever movement and good finishing. That makes him a real live wire in the penalty box.

As much as everyone would like to jump our favorite little thug, if possible, rewatch the game yesterday focussing only on Dele Alli. Look at the number of times he made good runs only to be ignored by the players passing sideways and backwards. I was shocked to see even Eriksen at times passing sideways when Dele was running into good space.

We can count the number of times we had decent chance creating balls into the box. I can remember 4 decent passes inside/into the box, of which, one hit the post, one where Dele miss-timed his header, which he would normally bury and one which we should have got a penalty for.

The entire midfield and defence were terrible in the sense that they were passing non stop sideways, taking the safe decision rather than look up and try a risky pass. My point is, it's easy to criticise Dele for yesterday, because he is an obvious scapegoat as if he doesn't score goals, he's not adding a lot of value for the team.

This is where Levy messed up the transfer window by missing out on a player like Mane. When teams sit back and defend like Swansea do, it's time to have a player who takes the ball and dribbles with pace at the opposition.

I disagree with you on Sanchez, I thought he was great, so disagreed. If you thought Dele "was crap" your words not mine, then I challenged to to call out ever other player, because it must mean they were crap too, but you haven't, just Sanchez but I think you are wrong.
Jesus fucking Christ how much do you want to nitpick mate? I was not complaining about you disagreeing with my Sanchez post, I don't give a fuck what reactions I get, just stating the fact that I actually had complained about another players performance. Why the fuck should I have to go on every single player thread to talk about Dele?

You're actually a fucking moron and it's pointless even debating with someone so stupid.

As if you would use the Kane scenario too, considering we didn't lose a single game Kane missed and Son scored a shit load of goals in his absence. Fucking hell, brain dead.

Alli scoring yesterday wouldn't have negated his terrible performance. All it would have done is give idiots like you ammo to use when defending such a shit performance.
I'm braindead, but you're arguing we were still winning when Kane wasn't playing. Why? BECAUSE DELE WAS SCORING MANY OF THOSE GOALS you utter knobjockey. :pochfacepalm:

Our biggest scorers by far over the past few seasons is Kane, Son and Dele. Your argument is that it is better to drop one and rely on the other two to compensate, rather than try and use all three when fit, as Poch does (Son has played in every game this season in case you haven't noticed). But I'm the "moron" that is "so stupid" because I want out three highest scorers playing instead of two of them?

Jesus wept. :dempsey:

Back
Top Bottom