Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Toby looked sublime on the right hand side of defence. I initially thought he'd play in the middle of the 3 but with Sanchezs pace it makes sense to have him covering both Jan and Toby.

Three at the back with Rose and Aurier wing backs will cause all sorts of problems this year. Add the wardrobe that is Wanyama to the park and the high defensive line Poch wants is really taking a serious shape to it.

First half, Toby was immense

Worried for him picking up the yellow so early but no problem at all

Agree about WBs, exciting stuff

Great debut imo. Have to remember he's only just getting started in the pl, new tempo and new quality of opposition. You can already tell not many players will be able to match him physically, I'm actually struggling to think of any.

Great debut imo. Have to remember he's only just getting started in the pl, new tempo and new quality of opposition. You can already tell not many players will be able to match him physically, I'm actually struggling to think of any.

He'll be a warrior. I think playing him in the middle of a back three will help him bed in more. It makes sense to give more responsibility to Toby and Jan and if they fuck up use his speed to win it back or push them out wide giving Toby and Jan time to recover. Smart move by Poch I hope it continues until he's nicely settled in

So fucking strong.

There was a great moment in the first half where someone tried beating him down the right wing, he slid to block the cross and still ended up with the ball. Was a great bit of defending.

Chinese Ledley King, he is.
And another moment where he was getting closed down, and almost any other player would have hoofed it out for a throw in, but knew he would be able to beat the opposition player for pace/strength and just casually walked it away.

A couple of moments where he put it out for a corner rather than being a little riskier and clearing it downfield, but that's more than forgivable on your full PL debut.

Sick o cunts comparing our good players to Ledley King. King did fuck all for the club. He had talent and potential but in the end cost us more in wages than he ever gave back. Just an injury prone might've been. Sick of the revisionism

Sick o cunts comparing our good players to Ledley King. King did fuck all for the club. He had talent and potential but in the end cost us more in wages than he ever gave back. Just an injury prone might've been. Sick of the revisionism
dgbg.gif

And another moment where he was getting closed down, and almost any other player would have hoofed it out for a throw in, but knew he would be able to beat the opposition player for pace/strength and just casually walked it away.

A couple of moments where he put it out for a corner rather than being a little riskier and clearing it downfield, but that's more than forgivable on your full PL debut.
Bloke is making me moist...

Back
Top Bottom