Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“I know people who know him and they are all very positive, they rate him very highly,” Jan told our official matchday programme.

davinson_ajax_instory.jpg

“It’s always nice to have new players in the squad and we’re looking forward to seeing him training. It will mean more competition for places but that’s what football is all about.

“Obviously he’s coming from Ajax so we have something in common, along with Christian (Eriksen) and Toby (Alderweireld) who also played for them in the past.

“I’d say that the Premier League is more physical than the Dutch league, but Sanchez looks like he has that physicality so I’m sure he’ll do well here.”

Speaking to a Dutch Ajax fan at work today.

Said he was fast, aggressive and extremely powerful for his age. Thinks he will become one of the best players in his position in the world.

Here's hoping.

(Worth noting last year he told me Vinny had real potential - but was very raw and quite untested so the PL might be a step too far for his age/experience)

100% foul in the Premier League though and in that instance, it would have been a very very silly foul to give away.

I'd rather them be like that than too timid coming into this league though. Far easier to develop natural aggression than to generate it.

I really do think our next signings should be classy forward minded midfielders though. We need a little more attacking class to blend with Eriksen, Dele and Harry

I agree.

Unfortunately, shoulder to shoulder is a foul in England.

Would get away with it in Europe though.

Is it? I'm only a grade 7 referee (basically bottom of the pile) but I've never been instructed or read a rule to give a free kick for a shoulder to shoulder barge. You could argue he used excessive force but that would be down to individual interpretation.

Is it? I'm only a grade 7 referee (basically bottom of the pile) but I've never been instructed or read a rule to give a free kick for a shoulder to shoulder barge. You could argue he used excessive force but that would be down to individual interpretation.
Blatant "I've read the laws of the game once" post.

:goonermong:

I can't see how that's not excessive force, it was an ice hockey style body check...

Or an AFL hip and shoulder for those of you who know what that is.

Yes, that's a shoulder barge as allowed within the rules but it's clearly excessive force. Unfortunately it would wind up a foul most of the time in the EPL. Get's funnier the more I watch it though :dierno:

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni

Have you quite finished? You petty little man.

4gpzrc.jpg

If you don't like getting disagreed (and not just by me), stop talking absolute shit all the time. It's pretty simple.

D

This window has been a fucking waste of opportunity to strengthen ourselves and compete for CL and PL.

Positives
- first choice RB upgraded
- CB cover/options upgraded
- cover CF upgraded

Negatives
-We desperately needed an injection of pace, creativity and dynamism in final 3rd. We should have signed at least one winger and AM
-failure to shift remaining deadwoods at the club like Sissoko, Janssen and Nkoudou.

Expectations this season
-finish bottom of the group in CL
-languishing in upper midtable by December.

You alone are responsible for your own reputation on here by posting attention seeking bullshit like the above.

You can give it "i'm entitled to my opinion" all you like but people like you confuse the right to express an opinion with the right to do it "unchallenged".

You spout unfounded controversial shit like this, people are gonna pull you up on it.

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni

Have you quite finished? You petty little man.

4gpzrc.jpg

If you don't like getting disagreed (and not just by me), stop talking absolute shit all the time. It's pretty simple.

You alone are responsible for your own reputation on here by posting attention seeking bullshit like the above.

You can give it "i'm entitled to my opinion" all you like but people like you confuse the right to express an opinion with the right to do it "unchallenged".

You spout unfounded controversial shit like this, people are gonna pull you up on it.
Just business mate, nothing personal.
200w.gif

Back
Top Bottom