Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do Tottenham struggle at Wembley and can they overcome their troubles to beat Chelsea? - The Telegraph
Why do Tottenham struggle at Wembley and can they overcome their troubles to beat Chelsea? (The Telegraph)

WHL is the second narrowest in the prem. Wembley is the second widest.

We do have a relatively slow midfield.

It's not just one factor. And it's not as cut and dried as 2 yards. A yard is big by the way. Esp when you talk about diagonals.

Our Wembley and WHL stats are polar opposites. To discount that esp when our fans are dominating the opposition?

Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Kane, Davies having to make extra yards when they are not quick off the mark? Ignoring physics is ignorant.

It's not rugby gibbins - you can pass the ball forwards. It moves much faster than any player, but you wouldn't understand that. You wouldn't understand football if it lived in your arse - or guitar for that matter. You've wasted your entire life on two things that you will never fathom.

1a.jpg
gQBlDfI.jpg

Yeah, that's the spirit! :deledoubt:

Quite the fun sponge aren't you?

I've heard all this before. It seems as if facts are wrong/to be derided. Like our record at Wembley does not exist?

He reasoned it's only 2 measley yards? Does he know one yard is three feet? Then put that 6 feet in a diagonal? With Dier chasing some of the fastest players?

My point is I want Poch to think about pace and not bunch our slower players.

Plus I wish Spurs fans would be more vocal about the ONLY CRACKS IN OUR GAME. If we keep talking about pace perhaps we can get some pace added. Eriksen form has improved with Pace around him. With Son/Walker etc.

It's our only weakness so why not talk about it?

I was laughed off the forum when I suggested Walker, Rose and Trippier should push forward more often on the wing. It's just another pattern. Pace on the wings helped so much. Now some through the middle? With our power? We will be a true world power.

I've heard all this before. It seems as if facts are wrong/to be derided. Like our record at Wembley does not exist?

He reasoned it's only 2 measley yards? Does he know one yard is three feet? Then put that 6 feet in a diagonal? With Dier chasing some of the fastest players?

Plus I wish Spurs fans would be more vocal about the ONLY CRACKS IN OUR GAME. If we keep talking about pace perhaps we can get some pace added. Eriksen form has improved with Pace around him. With Son/Walker etc.

I was laughed off the forum when I suggested Walker, Rose and Trippier should push forward more often on the wing. It's just another pattern. Pace on the wings helped so much. Now some through the middle? With our power? We will be a true world power.

Spurs have been incredible since you stopped posting here. So thanks for jinxing it you fucking cunt.

You didn't say push forward more often you said they should play as wide midfielders. Granted they do form our wide attacking play, but they are still defenders.
You also advocated for a team of beasts as I recall. Aren't many players out there with those beastly physical attributes who also possess lightening pace. We can't just go and do create-a-player on FIFA. I also think you are underestimating Kane's acceleration over a couple of yards.

The problem is that you are drawing a direct relationship between our record at Wembley and the size of the pitch. There are a number of other factors that come into play: the added pressure of playing at football's home, the relative quality of the opposition, playing in the CL in an unfamiliar setting, and plain luck on the day.

To suggest our form at Wembley is entirely down to those extra two yards leads you to draw the false conclusion that we must buy faster players; and then you know what? We end up with a team of tiny dancers....
:lennon::townhmm:

Fact: Wembley is 2 yards wider than WHL.
Fact: Both teams play on the same pitch
Fact: Stamford Bridge also 73 yards wide like WHL
Fact: You are an idiot

Up early, thinking of Ugo, will be emotional today. Can't wait and I'll be heading to The Torch for about 12pm before it gets rammed! Our seats are in the back row but still better to be there even with a shit view! COYS!

Looking forward to this. I'm slightly worried that we are at Wembley. In the midfield we are relatively slow. I think our amazing home run is in part due to WHL having one of the narrowest pitches. So our pace in the final third in attack/midfield isn't as big a problem. With Wembley being so wide, I think that is why our track record there is poor.

Son has helped the pace in the final third. Dembele is looking fitter than usual and his pace is better than the "coming back from injury" Dembele. I'm worried that Poch will put a slow line or bunch of players together. Something the op can attack. Eg: Davies/Alli/Eriksen or Davies/Dembele/Eriksen. An area that Chelsea's fast wings can attack on the break.

I think the lineup is key. If he bunches slow players in midfield (Dier/Dembele/Eriksen) it could be another avenue of the op's attack on a large pitch. So I hope Wanyama plays as he has deceptive pace and amazing reading of the game. It's great Dier can learn from him too.

IMO the only issues at Spurs are pace in the midfield/attack, young squad and Poch can have bizarre tactics (risky passing out from the back and can put out risky lineups) but whatever Poch lacks as a young manager his fitness and team ethic trumps it. And we are young but full of energy so even our shortcomings are overlapped by our other qualities.

It's been a great run. I was frustrated with Poch's tactics but he's growing with this squad and progressing with us. I think he knows we'll need pace in the future. I doubt we will get more players like Jensen in the off season. I think he'll go the pace rout. I hope so.
Dembele is our key Gibbs, he is a player the Chavs really worry about I reckon!
(And the rest of the side as well)

You didn't say push forward more often you said they should play as wide midfielders. Granted they do form our wide attacking play, but they are still defenders.
You also advocated for a team of beasts as I recall. Aren't many players out there with those beastly physical attributes who also possess lightening pace. We can't just go and do create-a-player on FIFA. I also think you are underestimating Kane's acceleration over a couple of yards.
The whole team has demonstrated more pace in recent matches.

Gibbs might not come across as such an idiot of he stopped to watch the games.

Not the most recent version, and it won't be played tomorrow, so this'll have to do...

Even watching it on YT makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. COYS!

MORNING SPURS!!!

Was already in the midst of posting this ^^^ when I saw this again;

Arthur Rowe from 22:00 onwards... just... still brings tears to the eyes...

Back
Top Bottom