Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pressure is on them.

Plastic, dirty, oil soaked money cunts.

Just turn up Tottenham :tobyarm:

Our average finishing position in the last decade must be something like 5th or 6th and we've not won the FA cup in that time once. Their's is probably second behind only Utd and they have what three or four cups? Thus, if we get knocked out tomorrow it is business as usual. If they get knocked out, by us, then clearly they will be open to criticism. Every bit of pressure is going to be on them and the biggest pressure of all is of course that they blatantly all know we are better at football than them this season and that's what tomorrow's game is, football. We're going to give them a schooling in it.

Whilst i'm not usually a fan of the 'Twatter/Has#tag/Facetwat' brigade... I did happen across this...

...I know it's from a while back, but the team unity at Tottenham right now is phenomenal... and almost worth a goal start!!

Love the players that clearly love each other (oh, and the club!)

Whilst i'm not usually a fan of the 'Twatter/Has#tag/Facetwat' brigade... I did happen across this...

...I know it's from a while back, but the team unity at Tottenham right now is phenomenal... and almost worth a goal start!!

Love the players that clearly love each other (oh, and the club!)

Son going up to that guy in the Messi shirt was funny.

This is Wembley Stadium,
London.
England.

It is a Semi Final.

We are Tottenham Hotspur.
Bearers of the game's Glory
Witness to a Phantom Goal.
Victim of a weak Referee.

AND WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE!

We are England's original Record Breakers.
The Keepers Of The Flame.
We have met the enemy, and he is ours.

We are in that number, and . .

ALL OF TOTTENHAM IS HERE

Needed that lift. Feeling flat as a pancake following the news of Ugo. Just not up for this game now. Hope I feel differently tomorrow.
Mate, I'm sure Ugo would kick you up the arse for saying that. He was a leader & a competitive athlete.
:dierpochhug:
The best thing all of us fans can do tomorrow is make it a day he'd be proud of. Whether that's you lads cheering in the stadium or us people cheering in the pub, or the people cheering from home.

Lets win this game, then win the final for the memory of this fantastic man. Oh, & let's snatch the league title as well in his honour.

That'd be nice.

If Conte loses tomorrow and then Chelsea falter in the league, dropping yet more points, and we beat them to the title as well, taking their double off them, can he possibly survive or will Abramovich give him the boot?

If Conte loses tomorrow and then Chelsea falter in the league, dropping yet more points, and we beat them to the title as well, taking their double off them, can he possibly survive or will Abramovich give him the boot?
Lets play todays game and see where we are.Beating Chelsea is priority anything after we will see.

White Hart Lane: 110 x 73 yd
Wembley: 115 by 75 yd

2 measly yards. Frankly I'm tired of this argument.

Why do Tottenham struggle at Wembley and can they overcome their troubles to beat Chelsea? - The Telegraph
Why do Tottenham struggle at Wembley and can they overcome their troubles to beat Chelsea? (The Telegraph)

WHL is the second narrowest in the prem. Wembley is the second widest.

We do have a relatively slow midfield.

It's not just one factor. And it's not as cut and dried as 2 yards. A yard is big by the way. Esp when you talk about diagonals.

Our Wembley and WHL stats are polar opposites. To discount that esp when our fans are dominating the opposition?

Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Kane, Davies having to make extra yards when they are not quick off the mark? Ignoring physics is ignorant.

Why do Tottenham struggle at Wembley and can they overcome their troubles to beat Chelsea? - The Telegraph
Why do Tottenham struggle at Wembley and can they overcome their troubles to beat Chelsea? (The Telegraph)

It's not just one factor. And it's not as cut and dried as 2 yards. A yard is big by the way. Esp when you talk about diagonals.

Our Wembley and WHL stats are polar opposites. To discount that esp when our fans are dominating the opposition?

Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Kane, Davies having to make extra yards when they are not quick off the mark? Ignoring physics is ignorant.

Yeah, that's the spirit! :deledoubt:

Quite the fun sponge aren't you?

1a.jpg

Lets give up now? The players will find that extra yard, its a cup final, you play beyond yourself. You find it somewhere, you dig deep. The only thing that will hinder us is nerves or mistakes, both I feel we have eliminated from our game (mostly).

Back
Top Bottom