StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IF for any reason there are tickets floating about on Stubhub for the NLD, i am NOT missing it i will buy one, regardless of the price. What's the maximum cap on price people can but tickets on there for? It's a con and i hate Stubhub but just this once,i just cant say no

There's a £150 cap on stubhub, I believe tickets are changing hands for more than that though so would imagine people wishing to sell will be using other formats. Keep an eye on stubhub though as you may get lucky.

IF for any reason there are tickets floating about on Stubhub for the NLD, i am NOT missing it i will buy one, regardless of the price. What's the maximum cap on price people can but tickets on there for? It's a con and i hate Stubhub but just this once,i just cant say no

I was thinking the same as you, and I actually did get lucky on there. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

I am very suspicious about stubhub. Today tickets for the Man Utd match are supposed to go on sale to Spurs members. I have checked every minute since midnight and not one has appeared. I totally understand that not many season ticket holders will want to miss this match but as we all know, it also appears that there are certain seats that are owned by people who appear not to exist and that every match they are up for grabs (bit like owning a second property).

Yet, if you google Spurs v Man Utd tickets, a couple of sites are selling these tickets at highly exorbitant prices (£1200 plus) although no absolute guarantee where you will sit or when the tickets will arrive. I am wondering if they have brought up a job lot from stubhub.

I am very suspicious about stubhub. Today tickets for the Man Utd match are supposed to go on sale to Spurs members. I have checked every minute since midnight and not one has appeared. I totally understand that not many season ticket holders will want to miss this match but as we all know, it also appears that there are certain seats that are owned by people who appear not to exist and that every match they are up for grabs (bit like owning a second property).

Yet, if you google Spurs v Man Utd tickets, a couple of sites are selling these tickets at highly exorbitant prices (£1200 plus) although no absolute guarantee where you will sit or when the tickets will arrive. I am wondering if they have brought up a job lot from stubhub.
I would suggest you stay well away from any of those other sites. Stubhub are bad enough, but at least it is legalised & moderated extortion. You have no idea what you're getting into with some of these others. I think stubhub has a maximum amount that the seller can charge. Perhaps these even less ethical sites allow people to ask what they want for their tickets at the expense of the desperate purchaser.

Please tread carefully with internet tickets. So many scams going on, it's perhaps better to bite your lip & watch it on TV

I would suggest you stay well away from any of those other sites. Stubhub are bad enough, but at least it is legalised & moderated extortion. You have no idea what you're getting into with some of these others. I think stubhub has a maximum amount that the seller can charge. Perhaps these even less ethical sites allow people to ask what they want for their tickets at the expense of the desperate purchaser.

Please tread carefully with internet tickets. So many scams going on, it's perhaps better to bite your lip & watch it on TV
Don't worry. As much as I love Spurs, there is no way I can (or would) pay those dodgy site prices

I got 4 tickets on StubHub for the united game yesterday. Two in north upper, one in north lower and one in east lower. paid £150 each. Some of my friends missed out on LP by some few points, so we had to get it from there.

The existence of StubHub means there is little to no reason for anyone to ever give up their season ticket for the next supporter in the queue.

Should be got rid of at the earliest opportunity.

I got 4 tickets on StubHub for the united game yesterday. Two in north upper, one in north lower and one in east lower. paid £150 each. Some of my friends missed out on LP by some few points, so we had to get it from there.
Blimey, what time was that as I was checking very, very regularly yesterday and nothing appearing. I too just missed out on LP. Do you want to sell one of your tickets?

Blimey, what time was that as I was checking very, very regularly yesterday and nothing appearing. I too just missed out on LP. Do you want to sell one of your tickets?

We're 7 guys coming from Norway. And we got 3 tickets with our LP's. So no spares!
I got the tickets between 12 and 3pm yesterday.

Those wanting to sell match tickets at a profit may find it difficult with the higher availability at Wembley and New WHL. Hopefully no use or need for Stubhub after this season.
I am in the process of writing an email to THFC - anything else I should say although I imagine it has all been said before.

Restrictions on stubhub at very least

With the introduction of stubhub there is no need/motivation for people who move away/abroad or just lose interest (!) to give up their season ticket. I have noticed that there are many, many seats that are, without fail, put up for sale on stubhub for every home match (premier league). It is like having a second home and renting it out to make some extra money.

I realise that there are often quite genuine reasons why season ticket holder are unable to attend every game, but if THFC continue to use stubhub, then surely restricting the number of games a season ticket holder can sell (maybe 4 times a season) will do away with this abhorrent practice of just making money out of your season ticket.

I am in the process of writing an email to THFC - anything else I should say although I imagine it has all been said before.

Restrictions on stubhub at very least

With the introduction of stubhub there is no need/motivation for people who move away/abroad or just lose interest (!) to give up their season ticket. I have noticed that there are many, many seats that are, without fail, put up for sale on stubhub for every home match (premier league). It is like having a second home and renting it out to make some extra money.

I realise that there are often quite genuine reasons why season ticket holder are unable to attend every game, but if THFC continue to use stubhub, then surely restricting the number of games a season ticket holder can sell (maybe 4 times a season) will do away with this abhorrent practice of just making money out of your season ticket.

The amount of Woolwich and United tickets I've seen is sickening.

If you can't go to the last Derby and the last ever game at WHL then you shouldn't have one.

I appreciate there could be extraordinary circumstances, but on the whole thats obviously not the case.

If you can't go to the last Derby and the last ever game at WHL then you shouldn't have one.

I appreciate there could be extraordinary circumstances, but on the whole thats obviously not the case.
haven't seen any of those games?

I'm sure there are 100s of people who own a season ticket just to sell the tickets on stub hub and never go to a game for that particular seat, and like others have said with them making a tidy profit for no real work, what incentive is there for them to give the ticket up.....
There should be a limit on the amount of games you can sell, it's common sense when we have a season ticket waiting list like we do, i really hope Wembley and the new stadium mix things up a bit and people start to struggle selling the spare season tickets, and then for the new stadium it can go to a deserving fan, not some cunt wanting to make money out of genuine fans desire to see the team they love.....

It says 4 available but then when you click the game it says none? Weird
I saw that but I think people must be currently purchasing them.

1875 Bournemouth tickets sold on stubhub with another 30 (at least ) available.
Not sure how many season ticket holders there are at WHL. Say it is 25,000. That is 7.6% of fans not going. Not good enough in my book especially considering the season we are having.

I saw that but I think people must be currently purchasing them.

1875 Bournemouth tickets sold on stubhub with another 30 (at least ) available.
Not sure how many season ticket holders there are at WHL. Say it is 25,000. That is 7.6% of fans not going. Not good enough in my book especially considering the season we are having.

Just under 20k. But your point is still valid.

Back
Top Bottom