StubHub

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we're again seeing touting condemned in the national media... Yet these cunts and their like (+ their extortionate processing, postage etc. charges) continue to go unchallenged.

Reality is no fucks are given whilst the profiteers are pressumed to be paying taxes.

Personally I think thats bollocks.

It's not an asset to be bartered with, if you can't go you sell it face value back to the club/another supporter. If you consistently can't go then don't buy one and let someone else who can get the ticket. The fact you've gone the last ten years is irrelevant imo, there may be thousands of people in the queue who would love to go every week and will do for the next 10 years but can't because some bloke is funding his own season ticket by selling his old mans old ticket or similar.

Alot of the issues we have around ticketing are because people just sit on them or use them for profit

I agree with you but that's the way it is, and with the number of season ticket holders set to more than double things will probably not be much better in the new stadium.

The gent in front of us StubHubs pretty much every week it seems. He must have made a massive profit over the past couple of seasons and I'm convinced that is the only reason he sells as before StubHub he was there everyweek. He has 3 tickets. Only reason I know he still has them is because himself he has bothered to show up twice this season. It's really just like someone who bought a leasehold flat in an area without much demand years ago - and now the area is trendy they rent it out at an inflated rate. Cash cow.

I hold the club accountable personally for signing the deal with StubHub.

The gent in front of us StubHubs pretty much every week it seems. He must have made a massive profit over the past couple of seasons and I'm convinced that is the only reason he sells as before StubHub he was there everyweek. He has 3 tickets. Only reason I know he still has them is because himself he has bothered to show up twice this season. It's really just like someone who bought a leasehold flat in an area without much demand years ago - and now the area is trendy they rent it out at an inflated rate. Cash cow.

I hold the club accountable personally for signing the deal with StubHub.

The only plus side is that it's quite enjoyable to find yourself sat in the middle of a bunch of old boys and be completely unbearable for a couple of hours.

We had an in-house solution before. ST holders who couldn't attend told the club, and were refunded the face value of that match minus 10%. Then the ticket was put up for sale on the official site at face value again. Worked perfectly. This is absolutely the model we need to go back to.

Retina scanning (or something similar such as needing to show photo ID matching name on ticket) would be hated by a huge number of fans - one, because it would seem overly intrusive to privacy; and two, because of the huge numbers of people who either loan a mate their season ticket when they can't go, or benefit from being loaned a season ticket when their mate can't go. Not to mention the fact that it would slow down entry to the ground hugely and would almost certainly lead to confrontational situations at the turnstiles.

As for being fined or losing your ST for not turning up, that's never gonna fly. Imagine you're driving to the match and you have a car accident so can't make it, or if your wife or kid gets hospitalised the morning of a match... a fine or a loss of an ST would be an almighty extra kick in the balls when you're down. If you fail to turn up, all that should happen should be a deduction of 3-5 loyalty points.

Loads of season ticket holder complained about the old system, we lost money selling them back to the club, I ended up selling them to friends instead.

Loads of season ticket holder complained about the old system, we lost money selling them back to the club, I ended up selling them to friends instead.
just move the admin fee to the buyer rather than the seller - or was it a case of the tickets not being sold and ST holders not able to set the price under the face value?

Well that's a choice for each ST holder to make - take a 10% hit and stay within the T&Cs of the ticket, or sell to a mate at face value or whatever price you agree. But the ability to move your ticket on "legally" with the loss of only a few quid is a pretty nice privilege to have. And with demand for STs being so high (in the current stadium at least), ST holders should be incentivised to actually use their tickets themselves. STs are a precious commodity, and when you buy/renew them you're making the commitment to go to the matches. If you can't make it to lots of the matches, then you shouldn't be buying an ST.

I had a season ticket since 1982, so I think I earn the my right to go when I like thanks.
It not a privelige the club used stubhub to make money and to assess what they could possibly charge fans in the future for season tickets,I quite actually like stubhub and I think the club will renew the contact ,when we are in the new stadium.
when we were really shit and no one wanted to go as soon as the team performance has a down turn all the newbies will disappear.

I had a season ticket since 1982, so I think I earn the my right to go when I like thanks.
What bullshit. I've been going for 21 years and have paid countless thousands in that time to attend games while sitting on the waiting list. Have I not earned the right to go when I like instead of getting dumped in stupid ballots or having to pay right off prices? o say that you, as a season ticket holder, are not privileged over other fans, would be a lie. You have what many have been waiting years for.

Of course you like stubhub, because it enables you, as a season ticket holder, to rip off other fans. But fans, especially long term ones like you, should help out other fans, not screw them over. In my opinion the only additional costs that should be added to stubhub are admin costs for the club and the stubhub service, which should be split between the buyer and the seller. Otherwise tickets should be re-sold at normal ticket prices. Not inflated to gargantuan prices just so some cunt can take other fans for a ride. If you don't want to go, why should you expect someone else to pay entirely for the admin that entails?

What bullshit. I've been going for 21 years and have paid countless thousands in that time to attend games while sitting on the waiting list. Have I not earned the right to go when I like instead of getting dumped in stupid ballots or having to pay right off prices? o say that you, as a season ticket holder, are not privileged over other fans, would be a lie. You have what many have been waiting years for.

Of course you like stubhub, because it enables you, as a season ticket holder, to rip off other fans. But fans, especially long term ones like you, should help out other fans, not screw them over. In my opinion the only additional costs that should be added to stubhub are admin costs for the club and the stubhub service, which should be split between the buyer and the seller. Otherwise tickets should be re-sold at normal ticket prices. Not inflated to gargantuan prices just so some cunt can take other fans for a ride. If you don't want to go, why should you expect someone else to pay entirely for the admin that entails?
Totally agree; anyone reselling tickets for profit exemplify everything wrong with football; no concern for fellow fans ! ST holders would rightly complain about price hikes at the beginning of a season so to resell for profit is utter hypocrisy!

It not a privelige the club used stubhub to make money and to assess what they could possibly charge fans in the future for season tickets,I quite actually like stubhub and I think the club will renew the contact ,when we are in the new stadium.
when we were really shit and no one wanted to go as soon as the team performance has a down turn all the newbies will disappear.

You haven't earned anything and you're a cunt if you leech off other Spurs fans. When we were really shit, loads of us went, but nobody was interested in your poxy season ticket in those days, or sitting/standing (sitting most likely) next to sanctimonious old wankers like yourself. I hope the club bin the stubhub partnership, it might force you to go to a game or two, rather than sell your ticket for 3 tImes face value to people who don't know better.

A season ticket is just that! If you sign up for one you sign up full well knowing your signing up for 19 home league matches + a few more in the cups. If you can't attend for whatever reason then that's your own doing (unless it's a family emergency). So for you mkkid mkkid to moan about a - %10 percent loss for a match you can't attend is fucking laughable.

The old system worked well for everyone apart from the people who want to make a profit with their tickets. Issue with season tickets is that they are so hard to get a hold of most will do anything to sustain keeping one which in return means cunting us off. I'd love to meet some of these people, most likely it's the same old miserable pricks who fuck off with 10 minutes to go, no matter what the score is ( not directed at ya mk, unless you are one of them :pochserious2:).

What you need to realise is being a season ticket holder is a privilege and not a chore. Once it becomes just that then it's time to call it a day.

I'd love to meet some of these people, most likely it's the same old miserable pricks who fuck off with 10 minutes to go, no matter what the score is ( not directed at ya mk, unless you are one of them :pochserious2:).

Don't forget arriving 5 minutes after kick off, leaving 5 minutes before half time to get a beer and getting back 10 minutes into the second half. Whilst talking shit (for everyone to hear) to their mate about anything and everything apart from the game during the period they are actually at their seats.

Back
Top Bottom