Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone on here said the Euros was shit - and it was. Incredibly dull, negative football. I think his Euros legend is getting out of hand.

Also, I don't see why the opinions of Newcastle fans are being discounted on here. Whenever I've been up there they seem to be a decent bunch who know their football. Some folk are defending the indefensible imo.

Newcastle fans don't want anyone at the club that wasn't born in Newcastle, particularly someone who is openly using them as a stepping stone.

Make your own opinions on Sissoko, because their's will be very biased.

Like many on here, i'm confused, his basic skill set seems so poor, a blind man with a club foot would show more finesse with the ball than him. The money Newcastle owed us and other stuff we maybe don't know about has to have played a part. As the great Toyah once sang ' It's a mystery '.

Anyone raging at Sissoko is, generally, just ending up on their forum that has selective chosen the melty responses:

Moussa Sissoko

So, lets reverse it. Here's some of their opinions from 12 months ago, around page 67

He gets a raw deal off many fans because we all know how good he can be - but even when he's playing average he's still better than half the others on the pitch!

Really can't get why people think we would be better off without someone who is clearly one of our top few players

People forget we paid only £2m for Sissoko and he's our best player, consistently a threat and usually top of the assists. You don't get Yaya Toure for £2m.
If we sold him after all this window's good work then I'd be gutted.

Totally agree. I know he can be frustrating at times, but when he sets himself away down the right hand side, literally nobody is going to stop him. Him and Janmaat link up well down that side.

I think we all know he'll probably be away in the summer but on his day he is a REAL threat for us and he has been playing well lately.

There's a lot of stuff mixed in about their perception of him being lazy and inconsistent, but from reading you tend to find that people started getting the pitchforks out as soon as he was looking for a move to a bigger club. From that point on, it's a bit like the Berbatov situation - you get a split of people who love him, and people who think he's lazy and a traitor, unwilling to see it any differently.

Not quite sure how much we paid for him, but it's difficult to justify £30m if that was the fee. All that aside, it doesn't necessarily mean he's useless - I think he will get better - but his effectiveness is only ever going to be in a role that we don't need him for.

I can't see him staying beyond the summer, and I expect he'll end up in Italy/China (unless Everton sniff around again, but can't see that). Fact is, if Poch keeps playing him, I'll keep my optimism for him.

I think yesterday suited him fine... coming on with us 3-0 up... very little pressure to do anything 'game changing' and he fucking thrived... looked a different player from previous weeks!

Now, if Poch can mind-fuck him enough to convince him that every game is like that (even if we're a goal down, going into the 90th minute, and need him to deliver) then I think he can be an asset...

But put any pressure on his precious little shoulders, and he collapses like a house of cards.

Shame, 'cos there's a good player in there somewhere... if you look hard enough!

Like many on here, i'm confused, his basic skill set seems so poor, a blind man with a club foot would show more finesse with the ball than him. The money Newcastle owed us and other stuff we maybe don't know about has to have played a part. As the great Toyah once sang ' It's a mystery '.

I really believe we paid nowhere near the 30M as there was money owed on Andros and other stuff going on. Still wouldn't be happy at 3M but if we can sell him in the summer for 25M then that's fine. I can't help but feel he is only getting time on the pitch to keep him in the shop window. If we was to never play we would be screwed getting any money for him, if however he comes on late when people are tired, his stats are ok and he gets the occasional goal then hopefully we can get rid...

I think yesterday suited him fine... coming on with us 3-0 up... very little pressure to do anything 'game changing' and he fucking thrived... looked a different player from previous weeks!

You make a lot of sense and I generally agree with what you say but 'thrived' is a stretch... his control and impact against a well beat average Championship side was less than impressive. We have however seen players turn it around so I'm still hoping but it feels more like an investment/Levy deal than anything else

Now, if Poch can mind-fuck him enough to convince him that every game is like that (even if we're a goal down, going into the 90th minute, and need him to deliver) then I think he can be an asset...

But put any pressure on his precious little shoulders, and he collapses like a house of cards.

Shame, 'cos there's a good player in there somewhere... if you look hard enough!

True. It's strange, because you could see the Viera type player resemblance in there, which is something we'd otherwise swear we missed in the past.

If we can use him as a player we'd hate to play against - that tanking forwards battering ram that he can be, then he'd be great.

As is common in Poch world, we've signed a player that looks like they'd be great for us, but then just looks odd in our team.

I think the other most telling thing, is that he doesn't come across as being part of the close-knit group of players we currently have.
And you can't argue that not necessarily being a 1st team regular has hindered his participation in the group ethic...
You look at Son, most of last season and this (before Lamela was injured) he was, at best a peripheral figure... and yet you can see how much the other players like him, how he's immersed himself into the 'Family atmosphere/brotherhood' that Poch has helped create (along with Dier, Dele, Walker etc)
Winks also is very much part of things now, and he's still technically a squad player, but that doesn't seem to have stopped him being part of the overall set-up (though he's pushing for the first team more and more, each time he plays!)

I just don't see that with Sissoko.

I think the other most telling thing, is that he doesn't come across as being part of the close-knit group of players we currently have.
And you can't argue that not necessarily being a 1st team regular has hindered his participation in the group ethic...
You look at Son, most of last season and this (before Lamela was injured) he was, at best a peripheral figure... and yet you can see how much the other players like him, how he's immersed himself into the 'Family atmosphere/brotherhood' that Poch has helped create (along with Dier, Dele, Walker etc)
Winks also is very much part of things now, and he's still technically a squad player, but that doesn't seem to have stopped him being part of the overall set-up (though he's pushing for the first team more and more, each time he plays!)

I just don't see that with Sissoko.

I've seen plenty of it - he doesn't look like an outsider. I only have an Instagram so I can follow the players, and he's in plenty of photos that suggest he fits in well?

15877325_1100108086778338_573944034611953664_n.jpg

To be fair... I think Sonny is just friends with EVERYONE!

Maybe, but there's plenty of others, I just posted the first one. He seems to get along with everyone just fine.
He comes across as quite shy in his facial expressions and body language, as opposed to the likes of Son and GKN, who I imagine are socially extroverted.

Sissoko certainly doesn't come across as an outcast or outsider, so I see little to suggest he's not part of the group.

Maybe, but there's plenty of others, I just posted the first one. He seems to get along with everyone just fine.

Sissoko certainly doesn't come across as an outcast or outsider, so I see little to suggest he's not part of the group.
Maybe it's just that he doesn't get enough minutes on the pitch to prove that he is!

he just looks awkward playing football. His control and passing is woeful and he mostly runs with his head down. He remind me of Heskey, for a big man he doesn't knock down defences as he should... Saying that didn't he sign for 2M to the barcodes, then to us for 30M. That's a lot of pressure there, some cope and some don't.

Maybe he is nervous hence the dodgy passing and control. If he relaxes maybe it will be ok?

Who am I kidding?

Back
Top Bottom