Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Davies in this pic thinking to himself I wish they would teach me one of these fancy handshakes.....

:walkercry:

Sissoko will get a stay of execution I think, a second season. Janssen I am not so sure

I worry more about Janssen, as he doesn't seem to have developed a relationship with the players around him. You need the players behind you to trust you, but I don't see that they do. Even when Soldado was missing chances, you still saw players trying to help him score. Not sure what the issue is - perhaps Janssen isn't showing it in training (which, by contrast, all the 'ITK' suggested Soldado was brilliant in training)

Vince just looks a bit out of his depth and his confidence has taken a nose dive, we all remember first couple of games he was taking shots and causing havoc in the box, being on MOTD highlights, we have seen none of that for months as he has gone backwards.

He is neither coming to get the ball or making runs, he is not getting in dangerous positions, he is usually just stood 15 yards from whoever has the ball with a defender in between and showing no movement, hiding at times. It's a shame but we we will trade him in I think for some pace up there, god knows who

Oh no, that's just... I really hope this is only a rumour.

For any AC Milan lurkers, I sure hope your lot don't prize away our beloved Sissoko. If anything, I'd say he's increased in value since he joined us... those two assists of his were pure fire.

Lucille-Bluth-Wink-Arrested-Development.gif

I still have hope for him, I really do feel that he's been played out of position. He's a centre mid naturally, so I don't know why we keep persisting with him at right mid. He and Pogba in the middle of the pitch for France tore the euros apart, I really want to see him play in a more central role before wanting him out the door. He's never going to live up to that price tag, but I think he still has a role to play for us if used correctly.

Can't even stand to look at the cunt, I detest the sweatband wearing shit cunt and want him gone asap.
He's barely even a footballer ffs, thirty fucking million, jesus.

Lamela - £30m - "He'll come good, give him time." Three years later, one good full season.

Sissoko - £30m - "He's shit, a wanker and a useless cunt. Get him out!" Six months later.

Pathetic double standards.

Unless a player actively disrespects the players/club and fans we should get behind him. What possible good comes from referring to one of our own players as a "cunt" just because he hasn't barnstormed his first six months?

Last edited:
Lamela - £30m - "He'll come good, give him time." Three years later, one good full season.

Sissoko - £30m - "He's shit, a wanker and a useless cunt. Get him out!" Six months later.

Unless a player actively disrespects the players/club and fans we should get behind him. What possible good comes from referring to one of our own players as a "cunt" just because he hasn't barnstormed his first six months?
Fair points there.

I still have an irrational dislike for him though. The dive for the penalty in the last game of the season against us was a shocker- & I maintain cost us second place (we had got it back to 2-1 & were looking more likely to get the next goal)

His very public love affair with woolwich through the summer & his "come & get me Arsene" pleas also grate on me.

And the fact that the barcode fans were offering to drive him down to London also suggests he ain't all that.

But you're right. He wears the shirt now & it's wrong to single him out as a flop because of a price tag.

Sissoko was bought at 27 after 4 years playing in the Premier League.

Lamela was bought at 21 with no experience.

It's not double standards. Sissoko should be better than he is. This should be his prime, and he's shite.

Sissoko was bought at 27 after 4 years playing in the Premier League.

Lamela was bought at 21 with no experience.

It's not double standards. Sissoko should be better than he is. This should be his prime, and he's shite.
It is a double standard because if you are judging it on price tag, which you are by saying he should be better than he is, then you have to accept that one good season out of four is not a good return on Lamela's fee.

Fair points there.

I still have an irrational dislike for him though. The dive for the penalty in the last game of the season against us was a shocker- & I maintain cost us second place (we had got it back to 2-1 & were looking more likely to get the next goal)

His very public love affair with woolwich through the summer & his "come & get me Arsene" pleas also grate on me.

And the fact that the barcode fans were offering to drive him down to London also suggests he ain't all that.

But you're right. He wears the shirt now & it's wrong to single him out as a flop because of a price tag.
Why is it wrong ? , we paid 30 million quid for a dud, it's more wrong that people are defending him imo.
He's been complete shit for 3 years in England ffs, our scouts must have shit in their eyes if they thought he was a good idea.
"Get behind him" "he wears the shirt", fuck off, he won't give a fuck about us when the next idiots buy him.
Absolute fraud of a player, Him and Adebayor are probably brothers

It is a double standard because if you are judging it on price tag, which you are by saying he should be better than he is, then you have to accept that one good season out of four is not a good return on Lamela's fee.
I'm not judging him on price tag. I'm saying with 4 years previous Premier League he should be better than he is. He isn't afforded the same leeway as Lamela due to age and said experience. We bought him to be useful immediately, we bought Lamela with a view to the future. Lamela last season, and this before his injury, was coming good. You give Sissoko the same time, he'll be 30 and out of his prime. Their situations aren't comparable in a footballing sense.

Sissoko has never had a good season in the Premier League. Lamela has.

We should cut our losses on him and utilise Edwards more next season imo.

Sissoko has always been a incomplete inconsistent footballer, the Euros put gloss over a overall average time at Newcastle, Lamela showed at Rome he has great potential

How ever you try and rationalise it, its looking like a bad bit of buisness.

I think the reality is that the window was closing, Levy was made aware that a deal could be done (the man loves an instalment plan) offered him to Poch, and Poch said "why not? If the alternative is you not putting your hand in your pocket at all you tight old sod then let's give it a shot."

The Lamela comparison is unfair because at least Lamela showed willing, and actually spent most of that first season being unavailable. Sissoko should have been a ready made fit for this league.

I cant help but thinking he plays like an international footballer but one who's had a couple of pints before kick off. Not pissed up, but just a slight buzz, enough to put his timing and coordination just off. So that hes always looks like he's gonna pull off something spectacular but then just spoons it or falls over the ball.

I'm reminded of when Zokora used to make those runs straight as an arrow down the middle of the pitch, get past about three players and then kick the ball into his own face.

He's been complete shit for 3 years in England ffs, our scouts must have shit in their eyes if they thought he was a good idea.

Bullshit. He was consistently Newcastle's best player.

That lot are saltier than the dead sea when, shock horror, a player decides that they don't want to rot at the bottom of the table under a chairman that is more interested in merch than success.

I still have hope for him, I really do feel that he's been played out of position. He's a centre mid naturally, so I don't know why we keep persisting with him at right mid. He and Pogba in the middle of the pitch for France tore the euros apart, I really want to see him play in a more central role before wanting him out the door. He's never going to live up to that price tag, but I think he still has a role to play for us if used correctly.

totally unfair to judge a player out of position however he can't trap a bag of cement and his passing is woeful. Problem is we've run out of meaningless games to try him in so it will either have to wait to pre season or he'll be offski.

I watched the Euros and he sure was running up the right wing a lot for a centre mid.

Bullshit. He was consistently Newcastle's best player.

That lot are saltier than the dead sea when, shock horror, a player decides that they don't want to rot at the bottom of the table under a chairman that is more interested in merch than success.
Ask any Newcastle fan about that

Back
Top Bottom