The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We move on to West Brom.

Early kick off at White Hart Lane, a win puts us second and puts pressure on Liverpool who play away at Man Utd and Chelsea who are away at Leicester

As Liverpool started with just one player who played in their last game, we started with two, but had 7 1st teamers on the bench, we had 3
I suppose you could surmise that Spurs kids and back up players performed better against a championship side than Liverpools did against a league 2 side

Your sick bed, hope you perk up Mrs P.

Thanks, I really shouldn't have gone to the Chelsea game, but couldn't miss that one - probably made it worse (but worth it!)

Really, really sick at the moment. Some mad fucking virus that have had about 3 times on and off for the last 3 months. Can't shake the fucking thing.
Lamping it, and stink like a West Ham fan
Feel for you, very rarely let a cold stop me, just dose up on Beecham's and manage to keep going. But this is horrid, might even have to go to the doc if not better by next week.

That wasn't the bit I disagreed with. It was his general demeanour towards the game. He hates us, and it shows.
I've never really felt that, he may well do of course. And to be fair, it was a shit game. I was losing the will to live before Davies morphed into Alan Gilzean
x3l51MU.jpg

That wasn't the bit I disagreed with. It was his general demeanour towards the game. He hates us, and it shows.

Edit: I'm not bothered that he dislikes us, I just wish he'd keep it out of his supposed impartiality.

Same here. I could not give a toss what Shearer thinks about us, bloke is a failed manager himself, taking the easy money just like all the other managerial failures like Lawrenson and Merson who ponticate and what is right and wrong yet who could not do the job!

Tidy win against a shit villa side no need to start so many defenders against fat boy gabby, great subs by Poch to get it right

Nice to be back at Atlantic for this banker and bagging the halftime raffle Spurs tankard.... well stealing it from someone else

COYS

Thanks, I really shouldn't have gone to the Chelsea game, but couldn't miss that one - probably made it worse (but worth it!)

Feel for you, very rarely let a cold stop me, just dose up on Beecham's and manage to keep going. But this is horrid, might even have to go to the doc if not better by next week.
I know how you feel, this same cold/virus has done me a few times. I will take a guess and say dry chest, throat mad headache and nausea?
Get well soon

Well, it's called "taking a risk", which by definition can go either way : it paid off and I am delighted that so many fringe players (who would probably start regularly in most PL sides) got 90 more minutes under their belt

Over 90 minutes Winks was my MOTM: every time he plays he looks like he's got one season more experience in his game. He is tidy, fearless and composed. It was only Villa, but at times he looked like Beckenbauer today

Delighted with N'Koudou and CCV's performance. CCV will be an absolute beast, I reckon
I don't have any big expectation for this season , but it's never looked so good for us

Poch was spot on

We played the 2nd XI (technically the XII-XXII) and it worked... just!

Goes to show we do have a squad that can cope with Championship opposition.. but in Janssen, i'm afraid we have a back-up striker that could barely cope with Shrewsbury... sad, but true.
Poor man's Soldado is being polite from 'The Boy Line-Aker' ...I really think he isn't cut out for the PL.
Top Scorer in the Eredivisie he may be... but it just goes to show that Eriksen and Vertonghen must've been miles ahead of the quality there... Janssen was just about at his level.

liverpool sold mascherano, Suarez, to Barca and alonso arbeola to Real. Also meireles & Torres to Chelsea all who have won CL with those-teams.
Yet with lineker and that bunch it's always when are our players being snapped up by real etc.
It riles me.
A lot of players also left Woolwich for Manchester and Barca.
That's they way of the world.
Oh, but never a talk of how long will so and so stay at Liverpool if they don't make CL again.

Really, really sick at the moment. Some mad fucking virus that have had about 3 times on and off for the last 3 months. Can't shake the fucking thing.
Lamping it, and stink like a West Ham fan
I feel your pain.literally
Nothing more soul destroying than having your weekend wrecked by feeling like total and utter shit.
Sympathies to you and Mrs P

Back
Top Bottom