The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of their songs I simply could not understand. I guess it's the mix of Chinese and Brummie. But I seriously hated them when they started all that "Champions of Europe...you will never sing that". It was just fucking annoying. I hear their owner thinks they will be a European Super Club inside 4 years. Good luck with that one.....

Aston Villa: New owner Tony Xia wants club to be as well known as 'Madrid or Barcelona'

They were fucking annoying, reminded me of Leeds when they came back in the cup a few years ago.........you aren't a big deal anymore lads........that's why our crowd is dead, you are irrelevant to us.

Sad that a 'good' club is in that position, but for them to try to patronise us is a fucking joke.

Apart from the "Champions of Europe, You'll never sing that"

Where to start?
That was in 1982. In the 35 years since then, they have finished in the top ten just 15 times. Relegated twice and spent the last five years playing in front of about 20k in a ground that holds some 50k

#behemoths
Don't get me wrong mate. I have a very healthy dislike for them. But their away support was very vocal which I appreciate.

Job done the squad players done their Jobs ok today. Tactical change by Poch a on putting on Alli and Kevin made an impact the team. Could have been more but we are through to the next round.

We go again.

Home draw next please.

Can we have a tube strike every week?

Got home in record time.... using the tube

:dembelelol:

Quite a few empty seats around me today (mostly Season Ticket holders) so I guess people missed it because of these strikes which is a real shame.

As for the game: I don't ever like to see a weakened team but we just did the needful really. Well judged from Poch today.

Let's keep this cup run going.

COYS.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid But it's so obvious. What do you think managers say? Stand still and don't move off the ball? Disagree away mate, but I think he's a lazy crap pundit, and a failed manager.

It's like saying 'go out and score some goals' or 'don't pass to the opposition'.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid But it's so obvious. What do you think managers say? Stand still and don't move off the ball? Disagree away mate, but I think he's a lazy crap pundit, and a failed manager.

It's like saying 'go out and score some goals' or 'don't pass to the opposition'.

If they Out score the opposition i think they will take all the points........didn't Owen say that once? :pochfacepalm:

We move on to West Brom.

Early kick off at White Hart Lane, a win puts us second and puts pressure on Liverpool who play away at Man Utd and Chelsea who are away at Leicester
For me, its a bad omen when anyone starts looking at the points before they are won. The table will take care of it self once the game is finished. So If we lose, it will look terrible, is that what you are saying? Stop please.

Very boring first half, with the exception of Sissoko and Winks there was no one taking the game to them, would like to have seen Sissoko more on the ball as they couldn't deal with him when he was on it.

Better tempo in 2nd half plus Poch teeeking the formation had the desired effect. So good we have some tactical variety, so much better than the plan B, bring on striker lump it to him approach.

Only player I thought was poor today was Dier, he slowed us down in the first half and turned over possession in some very poor areas in the 2nd. Janssens worst performance for us, specifically not charging arround with attitude which is what I have liked in previous games. That said I don't think Kane would have done much better given the service he was starved of, Kane has the benefit of playing off Erikssen and Alli, no such luck for him today.

Our fullbacks define our best team and the difference in level between Davies & Trippier is light years, so no real surprise we struggle when they are absent, combine that with no Erikssen & Alli, against a team that came for a draw (6 man defense) we actually were not too bad.

We controlled and dominated the game having rotated almost the entire team, against a championship side that sat deep. Our first team have struggled too this season against similar tactics! The other teams that have rotated have all fucked themselves and those that won didn't rotate as much as us.

Winks was my MOTM, very impressive. Warming to Sissoko still. Special mention to Vorm, he moves the ball so much better than Lloris.

Job done. Up the Spurs!

For me, its a bad omen when anyone starts looking at the points before they are won. The table will take care of it self once the game is finished. So If we lose, it will look terrible, is that what you are saying? Stop please.
Never count the chickens before they have ........!

One thing that annoyed me was our fans singing Dele's song when he was warming up, not even preparing to come on. Obviously we love him but support the lads who are on the pitch!

Villa played thier part in the awful first half.
Poch made changes and we win 2-0.
For me, overall a job well done.
The early rounds will be like this, its moden football. Isnt it. Even Villa stick a second keeper in goal.

Janssen plays with anxiety and burden, GKN plays with creativity and always smiles. Psychologically they're worlds apart which is aiding one and hampering the other.
Its not that simple. Janssen was not match fit today.its all too easy to make that judgment. They both contribute alot when they play, Janssen has the harder role to play.

We played the 2nd XI (technically the XII-XXII) and it worked... just!

Goes to show we do have a squad that can cope with Championship opposition.. but in Janssen, i'm afraid we have a back-up striker that could barely cope with Shrewsbury... sad, but true.
Poor man's Soldado is being polite from 'The Boy Line-Aker' ...I really think he isn't cut out for the PL.
Top Scorer in the Eredivisie he may be... but it just goes to show that Eriksen and Vertonghen must've been miles ahead of the quality there... Janssen was just about at his level.
He is better than what played today. He was short of match fitness for me. Maybe in the Eredvise league players around him played to his strenghts.With us, he has to stand alone.

Back
Top Bottom