Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was shit against Liverpool. A cheap punt with
a 40% chance of being an Aron Lennon,
a 59•9% chance another Clinton
a 0.1% a Garath Bale .
I am not sure if this is the way forward

He was shit against Liverpool. A cheap punt with
a 40% chance of being an Aron Lennon,
a 59•9% chance another Clinton
a 0.1% a Garath Bale .
I am not sure if this is the way forward
I don't get what it is with us and players that perform for just a few months. N'jie, N'koudou and Janssen are all players who had a breakout season, we're they only performed for a few months. Why can't we bring in players that have consistently performed over multiple seasons? Enough of taking these crazy bets

Is he injured or another signing that's been consigned to the rubbish bin?

Seriously I'm not surprised we got rid of that bloke from Southampton if he has been responsible for crap signings we've been making
I'm not going to write him off, but it seems like Poch has been the main man behind transfers. He personally scouted Son, Janssen and was the one who wanted Sissoko

Not seen enough of N'Koudou to write him off but I really don't understand the point of buying players like him if he can't even be trusted to start one match in a week we have a league and midweek CL game. Seriously whats the point for the 3 or 4 domestic cup ties we play each year?

I don't get what it is with us and players that perform for just a few months. N'jie, N'koudou and Janssen are all players who had a breakout season, we're they only performed for a few months. Why can't we bring in players that have consistently performed over multiple seasons? Enough of taking these crazy bets
They cost more money is the only reason I can think of

Not seen enough of N'Koudou to write him off but I really don't understand the point of buying players like him if he can't even be trusted to start one match in a week we have a league and midweek CL game. Seriously whats the point for the 3 or 4 domestic cup ties we play each year?

Completely agree, what's the point in signing players we can't/don't use.

You get the feeling it's more the fact that Poch has deemed him crap. Hence my frustration at the signings we've made

If he works hard in training he'll get his chances.
Unless he really is shit. I'd work hard in training if I was getting paid a ton of money. Still wouldn't change the fact that I'd be crap. I haven't seen anywhere enough of him to make any judgment on his ability, but what I have seen has appeared ok. There's got to be a reason why he's not getting picked. The players ahead of him aren't setting the PL alight at the moment. I guess Poch has his reasons but it's a worry that he's not getting much of an opportunity when we could do with pace & width.

Unless he really is shit. I'd work hard in training if I was getting paid a ton of money. Still wouldn't change the fact that I'd be crap. I haven't seen anywhere enough of him to make any judgment on his ability, but what I have seen has appeared ok. There's got to be a reason why he's not getting picked. The players ahead of him aren't setting the PL alight at the moment. I guess Poch has his reasons but it's a worry that he's not getting much of an opportunity when we could do with pace & width.
Our results are not good and he is a risk. If we start playing better he will get his chance

Our results are not good and he is a risk. If we start playing better he will get his chance
:gallashmm:
Although there is a counter argument to say if we aren't playing well, we need fresh legs & a live wire to shake it up a bit. I can only assume Poch thinks he's not ready because he's thrown Janssen in & he's struggled so far.

I'm not going to write him off, but it seems like Poch has been the main man behind transfers. He personally scouted Son, Janssen and was the one who wanted Sissoko

Then Poch is a much better coach than he is a scout. All three of these guys have done nowhere near enough and he is not even picking most of them now !

Or is it Desperate Dan using the Black Box ? Seems to not matter a FUCK what we do, more often than not what we buy is criminally ineffective. N'Koudou, Jansen and Sissoko = Njie, Soldado and Paulhino and so on and so on.....

The money that's been wasted over the years must be massive. No matter how much ENIC cook the books !

Last edited:
Then Poch is a much better coach than he is a scout. All three of these guys have done nowhere near enough and he is not even picking most of them now !

Or is it Desperate Dan using the Black Box ? Seems to not matter a FUCK what we do, more often than not what we buy is criminally ineffective. N'Koudou, Jansen and Sissoko = Njie, Soldado and Paulhino and so on and so on.....

The money that's been wasted over the years must be massive. No matter how much ENIC cook the books !

Alderweireld, Wanyama, Wimmer, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Lloris, Dembele - All successful recent signings.

Davies, Trippier, Vorm have been more than adequate squad players.

Even if you do write off Jansen, Son,& Nkoudou already.

All teams make their fair share of failed signings, because buying players is an inherently risky business, there are no guarantees with so many variables in play.

That Mag 7 window was a doozy no doubt, but the club have addressed that and completely changed their transfer policy / recruitment structure since then

Alderweireld, Wanyama, Wimmer, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Lloris, Dembele - All successful recent signings.

I think it's a stretch to call them all successful. It's taken a lot of patient to see Lamela and Dembele come good.

Wimmer, Dier and Alli are still a bit pants compared to last season, whilst Vertonghen and Eriksen seem to peak and trough constantly in terms of form.

Lloris, Alderweireld and Wanyama are the only consistent names in there.

I think it's a stretch to call them all successful. It's taken a lot of patient to see Lamela and Dembele come good.

Wimmer, Dier and Alli are still a bit pants compared to last season, whilst Vertonghen and Eriksen seem to peak and trough constantly in terms of form.

Lloris, Alderweireld and Wanyama are the only consistent names in there.
Alli cost 5m from league 1 and Dier cost 4m. Of course they are excellent signings .

Alli cost 5m from league 1 and Dier cost 4m. Of course they are excellent signings .
iu

Back
Top Bottom