Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iu
Well you quoted a post naming the successful signings by naming 3 players and stating they are not doing as well as last season. Why even bother mentioning that when the post you're quoting is naming successful signing and fuck all to do with form.

Claiming my argument did not address yours when your post didn't address the post your quoting is hilarious lol.

Well you quoted a post naming the successful signings by naming 3 players and stating they are not doing as well as last season. Why even bother mentioning that when the post you're quoting is naming successful signing and fuck all to do with form.

Claiming my argument did not address yours when your post didn't address the post your quoting is hilarious lol.

So because they were relatively low cost, they are a success?

I guess Tom Carroll is a successful signing too, then?

So because they were relatively low cost, they are a success?

I guess Tom Carroll is a successful signing too, then?
Wait...are you actually trying to argue that Alli and Dier have not been successful signings? It seems you are insinuating it without actually saying it.

Wait...are you actually trying to argue that Alli and Dier have not been successful signings? It seems you are insinuating it without actually saying it.

No - you're trying to make transfer value seem like it's in any way related to success - a successful transfer is based on the value a player adds to the team, not how much they cost. Both Dier and Alli were cheap (in today's terms) as they had barely kicked a ball for a top tier team.

Saying Sissoko, Janssen or N'koudou are unsuccessful signings but yet saying Eriksen/Dembele/Lamela are, is just nonsense - it's not a fair comparison considering how long it took to see Dembele and Lamela become useful - Eriksen can go for long periods where he's simply taking up a space on the team sheet.

On the same token, judging Alli as a "success" is entirely premature - he had a good debut season, but has not look like a player in form since maybe April. Dier is not a patch on his form this time last year - if we had signed him in the summer, people would have the pitch forks out.

Success is judged over a longer period - until they do what Harry Kane has done, and show consistency over a long period, neither can be judged as a success.

Yea he was very good yesterday- had a marvelous run in the 85th minute showing skill, nous and physicality. Shielded the ball well and kept possession for us against quality opposition. Showed glimpses of Sadio Mane type play. He needs more time still, but, I have a feeling he is setting himself up for a very successful second-half of the season.

A pacy winger that actually stays wide, wow didn't think we did those. Deserves more appearances off the bench based on Saturday.
looks like he favours his right foot so hope Poch has a brain storm and plays him on the right so he stays out wide and puts first time crosses in

looks like he favours his right foot so hope Poch has a brain storm and plays him on the right so he stays out wide and puts first time crosses in
I think Poch ideally wants inverted wingers, we just haven't had any with the pace and skill to be effective yet. Georges has been a lot more good than bad for me and seems a good prospect. He's not ready to start in the pl imo, but he seems a good option off the bench

I think it's a stretch to call them all successful. It's taken a lot of patient to see Lamela and Dembele come good.

Wimmer, Dier and Alli are still a bit pants compared to last season, whilst Vertonghen and Eriksen seem to peak and trough constantly in terms of form.

Lloris, Alderweireld and Wanyama are the only consistent names in there.

The statement i was responding to was:

"more often than not what we buy is criminally ineffective"

Which just isn't true by any stretch of the imagination.

There are probably only about three players in the league who are immune to fluctuations in form.
Of course you can't really evaluate whether a signing has been a success or not until they have left the club. Bale probably had a longer spell being dog shit than he did being world class at Spurs.

A lot of players are in average spells of form at the minute, but to say Dier, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alli haven't been "successful" based on their overall time at the club so far is unfair.

Last edited:
Love his enthusiasm, seems to have a great time out there. I was always a miserable bastard playing football , probably all the rain and mud more than anything.

Love his enthusiasm, seems to have a great time out there. I was always a miserable bastard playing football , probably all the rain and mud more than anything.
haha i'm always surprised at the amount of people that play football and just dont seem to enjoy it. Used to be a bit like that myself untill i had my first serious injury, now playing at a lot lower level but still able to play i'm always happy to be able to still be on the pitch. Retirement is approaching very fast though, that sucks.

He's very very raw. Would like to see him take on his man alot more instead of playing it safe.

The fans aren't going to moan at a player who aims to take players on, as long as he doesn't give up when he loses it, he'll be fine. Looks to work well for the team and show good work rate when without the ball.

He's got a great coach to teach him.

He's very very raw. Would like to see him take on his man alot more instead of playing it safe.

The fans aren't going to moan at a player who aims to take players on, as long as he doesn't give up when he loses it, he'll be fine. Looks to work well for the team and show good work rate when without the ball.

He's got a great coach to teach him.

Apparently you forget Lamela's first two seasons

Back
Top Bottom