Georges-Kévin N'Koudou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this going to be another N'Jie or Stambouli - bizarre, mediocre signing and waste of wages and fees?

If not - give the guy some proper playing time, ffs

Is this going to be another N'Jie or Stambouli - bizarre, mediocre signing and waste of wages and fees?

If not - give the guy some proper playing time, ffs
Couldn't agree more. Dele has been in pretty poor form all season. I see no reason why NKoudou shouldn't at least get a chance? He has looked decent in most of his cameos.

I'm not one who thinks he necessarily ought to start but I definitely think his attributes would work well in some of those games where we're trying to break teams down and he comes off the bench on 70 mins. Hasn't happened enough

Thought he probably should have started today. Very happy with his impact off the bench. Showed willingness to beat a man, use his pace and always looked up. Happy for him to get an assist less than a minute after coming on. The guys pace can be such an asset.

Hope we saw more of him as the second half of the season rolls on. Could really use his depth against the likes of Gent in the Europa League for example.

I think N'Koudou has more about him than N'Jie... dunno if that's enough to make him a regular starter... it would be just his luck to force his way into the team just as Lamela comes back from injury!!

Loved his enthusiasm, must've been disappointed at not starting, but he came on and just went for it. Pure football joy, liked it. Seems to have the willingness to take his rare chances, even after not playing for such a long time. Good mindset, good feet, good pace and he seemed to have gained a bit more composure. Looked less like a headless chicken

Couldn't agree more. Dele has been in pretty poor form all season. I see no reason why NKoudou shouldn't at least get a chance? He has looked decent in most of his cameos.
Dele hasnt been in top form but all season ? December has been quite impressive from Dele no ? He will always dissappear in games but his continuous presence is not his main strength, his positioning and scoring ability is.

To be fair to GKN, he didn't really have a pre-season and spent most of his time bolted into a Hotel with his young kid it seems.

If he's still kicking about by the summer, I'd expect to see more of him next season. I'd rather he played than a few others that we use in that position at times, but maybe the Europa will see more of him

Dele hasnt been in top form but all season ? December has been quite impressive from Dele no ? He will always dissappear in games but his continuous presence is not his main strength, his positioning and scoring ability is.

Made that post prior to his recent purple patch. He was in a poor run of form in November and early December glad he came out of it!

As for N'Koudou aside from the cup match against the Bin dippers he has looked very bright. I don't know what he does in training because he surely deserves a start here and there.

Loved his enthusiasm, must've been disappointed at not starting, but he came on and just went for it. Pure football joy, liked it. Seems to have the willingness to take his rare chances, even after not playing for such a long time. Good mindset, good feet, good pace and he seemed to have gained a bit more composure. Looked less like a headless chicken

He plays with a smile on his face... a rarity these days with all the Media pressure heaped on every single mistake or misplaced pass (see Exhibit A; V.Janssen)

The best example todays footballers can set to kids is to show how much they enjoy their lofty, privileged position... not appear terrified by it... or have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, purely from kicking a football about. (See Exhibits B & C: Z.Ibrahimovic & C.Ronaldo!!)

Lets not forget, they have got to where they are by having a mixture of natural ability, and a fair slice of luck along the way... playing a game that they should be LOVING every second of.
GKN comes across exactly as the kid who landed his dream job!
(not unlike Gazza's face when he used to play!)

He plays with a smile on his face... a rarity these days with all the Media pressure heaped on every single mistake or misplaced pass (see Exhibit A; V.Janssen)

The best example todays footballers can set to kids is to show how much they enjoy their lofty, privileged position... not appear terrified by it... or have an over-inflated opinion of themselves, purely from kicking a football about. (See Exhibits B & C: Z.Ibrahimovic & C.Ronaldo!!)

Lets not forget, they have got to where they are by having a mixture of natural ability, and a fair slice of luck along the way... playing a game that they should be LOVING every second of.
GKN comes across exactly as the kid who landed his dream job!
(not unlike Gazza's face when he used to play!)
Couldnt agree more, that's why i am extra impressed by his obvious love of the game, the kind of guy who would play footbal even if he wasnt payed to do so.

What makes it extra impressive is the fact that he was a big fish in the french league last season. He could just leave it, take his wages and go back to France to play for a top 5 team but in stead he comes on against a championship team, when the game is finished and still makes the most of it. All that together is a rare thing in the modern game, 90 % of the players would've just fulfilled their task whereas he thought let's try and make the most of this rare occasion. Poch must've noticed that.

that being said, maybe he doesnt show the same commitment in training and that would explain his lack of game time. That and the fact we do not seem to play with pure wingers and rather use our wingbacks to add width to our game. And then when we do need to go for wingers, he's blocked by Son (and judging from his performances, rightly so). But 5 months on, he still smiles, does not kick a fuss and gets on with it. That deserves some praise.

Back
Top Bottom