Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quotes from Blue moon

"Haven't liked them since '81, and today has just reinforced that feeling.
Funnily enough I think my dislike goes back to that year too"

:ossie:

Admin Admin I was looking for Ricky villa smiley any chances the geniuses out there can drum one up

Last edited:
Quotes from Blue moon

Hopefully we'll make them hate us soon enough. Three good wins against them in a row..the fear isn't there anymore and it's a good feeling!

Quotes from Blue moon

Admin Admin I was looking for Ricky villa smiley any chances the geniuses out there can drum one up

To be fair, most of them have been pretty pragmatic in their analysis.

DeeGee said:
Well, we have won more in Europe than Man City. Won the FA cup more too, and before the Abu Dhabi petro £ came rolling in they had won only 4 fa cups & as many league titles as us.
Everton deserve more recognition than them.
I don't think it is that hard to do. If you have the money to do so. Man City have won 2 titles, 1fa cup and 2 league cups in 5 years whereas they had won their last trophy in 1969.
Their commercial income ( sponsorship deals) were not earned or indeed anywhere near real market value.

It hasn't been hard for Man City, or Chavs to an extent.
Chavs had not won a title since 1955 had won 3 fa cups and 2 league cups before Roman.
They'd never won a UEFA cup either.
Yes, yes and yes but, Sky represents post 1992 and we are not part of the club.......yet..

we need to start winning things to get noticed.

We need to shift now to Liverpool and start beating the snot out of them week in and week out

City are the biggest favourites for the title for me. I think Liverpool and Scum have been at times,very good, but Wools have first and foremost been lucky (!!). Liverpool are brilliant at their best, but will nosedive a few more times before the winter comes. Really pleased we have a little gap to United and Chavs, hope to maintain that!

Good times!

City are the biggest favourites for the title for me. I think Liverpool and Scum have been at times,very good, but Wools have first and foremost been lucky (!!). Liverpool are brilliant at their best, but will nosedive a few more times before the winter comes. Really pleased we have a little gap to United and Chavs, hope to maintain that!

Good times!
I'll believe the Liverpool nose dive when I see it. People are saying that about us also.

But my comment was more of the Liverpool monkey on our backs whenever we play them.

Because there's systematic apathy towards us. It puts a downer in the day when you're happy and think you've done amazing then no one barely gives you a mention. Not only that but it has to have some sort of effect on refs.

Take Liverpool for instance. Everyone hyping them up, saying they look incredible...and they've got 4 pens in 7 games. That's ridiculous and needs to be looked into.
I can accept anti feelings towards us and I hope its not Anti semitic feelings. Lets hope you are wrong and its a fair playing field.

Yes, yes and yes but, Sky represents post 1992 and we are not part of the club.......yet..

we need to start winning things to get noticed.

Hmmm not sure about that even - Sky seem more interested in transfers, probably earns them more advertising money all round.

Unless you are in the mega rich category you are deemed a 'selling club', and therefore less interesting / important.

I'll believe the Liverpool nose dive when I see it. People are saying that about us also.

But my comment was more of the Liverpool monkey on our backs whenever we play them.

They already had one game where they were shocking, against Burnley, 1 of 7. That was extremely bad, Henderson for one, played like an amateur. They have an advantage by not playing in Europe - on the other hand - they have small sized squad with too many similar Players. They are flying and on a flow, still behind us, and we haven't reached our peak before yesterday..

I expect Liverpool to lose a few more the next months.

They already had one game where they were shocking, against Burnley, 1 of 7. That was extremely bad, Henderson for one, played like an amateur. They have an advantage by not playing in Europe - on the other hand - they have small sized squad with too many similar Players. They are flying and on a flow, still behind us, and we haven't reached our peak before yesterday..

I expect Liverpool to lose a few more the next months.
They play good as we are right now. But your nosedive line reminds me of basically everyone saying, "Spurs always end up blowing it and will eventually come crashing down to reality and back to their Europa League place. Let the chips fall where they may for everyone.

Football is all about here and now. You are only as good as your last game and all that. Almost 100% performance against City but we only earned 3 points. We need to win thiings to get our status up. LC winning the PL is history, they are now piss poor. We are getting better with every game, we must take and enjoy each and every game as they arrive. Something speciall could be happening but we are a long way off before we may know. If everyone hates us lets fight our way to the top.
Hmmm not sure about that even - Sky seem more interested in transfers, probably earns them more advertising money all round.

Unless you are in the mega rich category you are deemed a 'selling club', and therefore less interesting / important.

They play good as we are right now. But your nosedive line reminds me of basically everyone saying, "Spurs always end up blowing it and will eventually come crashing down to reality and back to their Europa League place. Let the chips fall where they may for everyone.

I just think Klopp's team need more time and I believe we will see that at times. Just my opinion.

I can accept anti feelings towards us and I hope its not Anti semitic feelings. Lets hope you are wrong and its a fair playing field.

I don't think it has anything to do with antisemitism. We're just not a popular club. Sky and the media in general will pander to the bigger fan base or the clubs with more influence.

There will always be a love in with Liverpool, simply due to their history and size, even though we've consistently finished above them in recent history. Tottenham get ignored because we haven't got a global fan base, haven't got as prestigious a history as some, don't have the financial power of others...there's no benefit in the media writing about us.

Which then becomes a self fulfilling cycle. Media/papers don't talk about us, or not in glowing terms. Fans don't bother with the media/papers. Media/papers see a decline in views on Tottenham articles. So media don't talk about us. And on it goes.

Even Jamie Redknapp speaks down about us. It's just the done thing in media.

And for what it's worth, I don't see Liverpool as a threat at all.

Their defence is shocking, no where near good enough to win a title. 9th worst defence in the league, letting in 10 goals in 3 games, they tend to concede in every game. The only reason they look good is because 1) They've had shit loads of pens 2) They've out-scored every team they've played so far, which hasn't be hard when you look at the teams they played.

Sooner or later equilibrium will catch up with them and balance things out. You can't score 3-4 goals in every game and their squad lack depth. One or two injuries and they're down and out, whereas we can survive 5-6 and be fine. When Milner is your top goal scorer you know things will collapse sooner or later - that isn't sustainable.

But does it matter? If we can keep it up, you can be sure they will notice - hopefully it will be too late for them at that stage.

Thing is, all other top clubs dislike us. But ask yourself, which top club do you not mind, like, at all? For me, the answer is a clear - not a single one. The only clubs people don't mind are those that willingly give us three points more often than not. It's all vs all.

They don't like us, we don't like them - and it's ok.

As for the media, the articles and match reports after City have been great and glowing about what a fantastic performance it was. We are getting credit, but we have less of the circus than the rest of the top clubs this season, Most due to our down to earth Manager. It let's us work on in the shadows and build while the pressure hasn't started yet. The preparations for this have been running since the country was backing Leicester in the title fight. It made us stronger and now look at the foundation we have for the rest of the season! We will get a lot of good press, but less of the fanboy stuff Liverpool and Man U get. Not fussed about that!

That Simon Beck made some bad offside calls again yesterday.
2 times Son was not offside and it took him half hour to put up his flag.
Same lino who failed to spot Walker 3 yards offside last home game v City. Same lino who failed to see Dembele incident. Same lino who failed to see Reid/Aguero incident. Same lino who was give a 6 match rest because he made a bad offside call at Man U Chelsea.
He's fucking useless.

Well spotted ! I also noticed that Sky did not replay any of those offside decisions even though several were clearly debatable. Mind you, the same applied in the second half as well.

Back
Top Bottom