Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Merson was saying how good a deal he'd be for Everton and was hoping we wouldn't get him instead.

Then when we got him, suddenly changed his tune and started slagging him off.

A shitcunt of the highest order.

Quite how this waste of oxygen is employed by sky is beyond me. Anything but impartial as his bitter ramblings proved last night and when he speaks and manages to actually string more than two words together it's just inane clichéd drivel

Last edited:
Post of the day.

If anyone one here thinks that Levy splashes 30 mill here and 30 mill there in vain hope of landing a stella signing then your mightily mistaken.

Poch knows talent when he see's it and can shape a players future, and if you think that i am full of bullshit on this go look at the quotes from Rose, Walker, Dier, Dele, and Kane when they talk about their game changing Manager.

The Sissoko transfer was no punt in the dark, hit and hope, lottery draw of a deal but very much a calculated transfer of a player that offers, pace, strength and has a good pass and can play to Poch's energetic high press system.

Now get over yourselves and support the player.

I love Pochettino and how he operates but his best work seems to be with young players and I'm not 100% convinced with him in the transfer market.

Quite how this waste of oxygen is employed by sky is beyond me. Anything but impartial as his bitter ramblings proved last night and when he speaks and manages to actually more than two words together it's just inane clichéd drivel
Its as if he chewed his tongue off back in the day and has had a prosthetic cows tongue fitted.

That's bollocks I reckon. Newcastle would never agree to that, if we shift him on for £20m next year that mean we would make £14m profit in a year. Ashley is not that much of a mug. Wouldn't be surprised if we pay in installments but £30m will need to be paid regardless if he sees out his contract.

Anyway, I reckon poch will get similar performances out of him as we saw at the euros. He was managed by Pardew, carver and mcclaren, hardly surprising he has underperformed.

I love Pochettino and how he operates but his best work seems to be with young players and I'm not 100% convinced with him in the transfer market.

Agree with a lot of this, but we do need to sprinkle in some more experienced players. I think Poch values premier league experience very high.

I'm betting we still have one of the youngest squads in the league.

I've got no problem with winning the race for a player Everton thought they had, but the way Sissoko handled the u-turn really bothers me. He should have had the courtesy to tell Koeman that he was accepting our offer rather than ignore his phone calls. It doesn't matter if it was embarrassment, a lack of balls or plain rudeness, it's a bad sign.

For the record, on balance, I'm pleased we signed him. I agree with most that the fee is way over par, but I believe we're a stronger, more agile squad with him, and are better equipped to deal with the season ahead.
It's irrelevant as Morishi has said he pulled the plug on the deal for the sake of McCathy. So, Morsihi didn't bother to call Koeman and tell him that then?

Back
Top Bottom