Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To put this 30m debate to bed the reports emerging today suggest we've done a deal where we pay 6m for every year of his 5 year contract. If he leaves after 2 we pay 12m. If true levy is a genius. Like to think he fucked Ashley on the fine print on that. Would be brilliant.

tumblr_nqwfamro001tslewgo1_500.gif

Sounds legit....

Can't believe how much the press are going on about the morality of the Sissoko transfer.

When the same happened with Berbatov with United taking him hostage when we'd agreed a higher fee with City they all just smiled and marveled at Ferguson's audacity.

Can't believe how much the press are going on about the morality of the Sissoko transfer.

When the same happened with Berbatov with United taking him hostage when we'd agreed a higher fee with City they all just smiled and marveled at Ferguson's audacity.
And of course Willian

We're the bad guys. We were last year when being the only ones anywhere close to challenging Leicester. We were after the Chelsea game. Now we're bullying Everton and nicking their players.

But, Everton didn't want him in the end... their majority shareholder made this very clear. If anything, we were their saviours - it was only by taking Sissoko off their hands that they were able to retain McCarthy. :)

To put this 30m debate to bed the reports emerging today suggest we've done a deal where we pay 6m for every year of his 5 year contract. If he leaves after 2 we pay 12m. If true levy is a genius.

Let's say a club is interested in buying him after 2 years with us. The buying club will be informed of the remaining installments who the buying club need to pay wich is still 18m at that point.

Still good business though. We now have 24 million more in our pockets which can be invested in the stadium/team this year.

To put this 30m debate to bed the reports emerging today suggest we've done a deal where we pay 6m for every year of his 5 year contract. If he leaves after 2 we pay 12m. If true levy is a genius. Like to think he fucked Ashley on the fine print on that. Would be brilliant.
I don't think that is the proven truth.
Just a journalist trying to getting attention.
How would he even know anyway.
Seems highly unlikely & wouldn't make any sense.

christ, they even created the myth that ferguson heard he was going to talk to city and intercepted him at the airport.

Only way I could see it happening is the contract for the deal being offered so last minute that Newcastle didn't have time to read it. And if that's the case, it's a dick move, but it couldn't have been pulled on a bigger cunt than Mike Ashley.

I don't know if this makes us good or bad. :walkercry:

It's staggering! Practically every where you read, watch or listen to we are cunts for buying a footballer on transfer deadline day. The strange one for me was how Danny Murphy's opinion was actually part of the the rolling news all day on TalkSport. I have absolutely no problem in his opinion, I don't agree with it, but non-the-less it still valid and shared by Spurs fans, but to have it running as a topic of news sandwiched between Doctors strike and Trump is bizarre.

The best and most laughable is this beauty https://theringer.com/the-man-who-r...eadline-day-for-sport-dc9e8e358921#.7huakgrxd

I feel like I should be heading over to Gobbygonk Gobbygonk thread and hangout with him but I've run out of tinfoil.

Might set up a HPI finance checker similar to that for car but for footballers.

It's staggering! Practically every where you read, watch or listen to we are cunts for buying a footballer on transfer deadline day. The strange one for me was how Danny Murphy's opinion was actually part of the the rolling news all day on TalkSport. I have absolutely no problem in his opinion, I don't agree with it, but non-the-less it still valid and shared by Spurs fans, but to have it running as a topic of news sandwiched between Doctors strike and Trump is bizarre.

The best and most laughable is this beauty https://theringer.com/the-man-who-r...eadline-day-for-sport-dc9e8e358921#.7huakgrxd

I feel like I should be heading over to Gobbygonk Gobbygonk thread and hangout with him but I've run out of tinfoil.
Levy is Dr Evil for getting £15m for Paulinho?? What a shit article.

Why can't we just wallow in the knowledge that WE spent 30million large ones on one player, and probably over the odds to get him. We hijacked the deal at the last minute and bullied a rival bidder into submission. It makes us look big and hard and I love it. Stop spoiling the moment.

I agree with your underlying sentiment, however we aren't City, 30 million on said player means less for the next player; I think this is their main gripe.
Yeah but does it really? We have no proof of that. Only Levy and the finance department really know that answer. I keep going back to Berahino because he was obviously a player we identified last summer to go and get. That money not spent on him was never spent elsewhere either in the summer window or in January.

I see what you are saying we are not Citeh but we aren't skint either. I think it's more likely we identify players we are interested in and spend accordingly. I believe Sissoko was probably a top target for awhile and we were waiting to see if Newcastle would budge on the price tag. Of course they didn't and we paid what was needed to get him.

It's just kind of strange to me how some of our fans seem obsessed with cost analysis of transfers. Any other clubs fans seem delighted when they get a transfer target whereas some of ours are more worried about what they cost.

It's like buying your child a new toy and rather than be excited about the toys they don't warm to them and are worried about what they cost you it's fucking weird if you ask me.

Yeah but does it really? We have no proof of that. Only Levy and the finance department really know that answer. I keep going back to Berahino because he was obviously a player we identified last summer to go and get. That money not spent on him was never spent elsewhere either in the summer window or in January.

I see what you are saying we are not Citeh but we aren't skint either. I think it's more likely we identify players we are interested in and spend accordingly. I believe Sissoko was probably a top target for awhile and we were waiting to see if Newcastle would budge on the price tag. Of course they didn't and we paid what was needed to get him.

It's just kind of strange to me how some of our fans seem obsessed with cost analysis of transfers. Any other clubs fans seem delighted when they get a transfer target whereas some of ours are more worried about what they cost.

It's like buying your child a new toy and rather than be excited about the toys they don't warm to them and are worried about what they cost you it's fucking weird if you ask me.
I'm sure there's an analogy here with Redknapp being given the Ryan Nelson toy from the charity shop and Poch being treated with the new all action Sissoko action figure

Micah Peters is clearly a cunt!

Had a good laugh at his nonsense though.

Levy a Bond villain?
:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom