Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. Him, but not us. I'm being hyper critical though. Most top strikers have a selfish gene.
Maybe but it's true - unless a team has 3 top 'shooters' the main guy has to be selfish which of course means they get blinded to the guy who can score a tap in on occasion, this in turn I guess costs a few goals over a season

I wonder if Poch would ever play a variation on a 4-1-3-2.
The formation code doesn't seem to support 4132, but Smogz Smogz posted this earlier. I'd really like to see us try something like this, maybe with Kane operating a little deeper.
Maybee play 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield

Walker___Alderwiereld___Vertongen__Rose
_______________Dier__________________
_____Lamela__________Alli_____________
_____________Eriksen__________________
______Janssen________Kane____________

Notice some of the forecast teams have dropped Wanyama to the bench, him and Dier are both DM who break up opposing attacks, and pass on to game players.
At home our home advantage must be a pressing game with inventive movement.
Only one gripe is our corners taken by Erickson don't produce the goods .

People benching last season's golden boot winner only after one match...

eb2a371544f9568332beea3b65ea1e3146d7800f_hq.jpg

The formation code doesn't seem to support 4132, but Smogz Smogz posted this earlier. I'd really like to see us try something like this, maybe with Kane operating a little deeper.

I thought it thru a little bit last night and even though playing with a diamond midfield would definitely be very interesting to see I don't think it would necessarily work with Poch's positional style of play. When you're playing with a diamond you need the width to come from the wingers and not the fullbacks overlapping. I also don't think Dier is the person to play the role of main distributor in this sort of system.

Replacing him with another Golden Boot winner though to be fair.

Though I agree, Kane shouldn't be dropped. Janssen should play in the same line up.

Vorm
Walker - Alder - Jan - Rose
Dier - Eriksen
Lamela - Kane - Alli
Janssen

That's mine too.

More of a free role to Kane, take the pressure off him. Let Vince and higs mighty huge arse take some of the scruffy battles with centre halves.

Eriksen more on the ball and with less pressure to go past defenders. Alli and Lamela pressing the defence from out wide.

arcespace your not wrong but your not right looking at lampards average position he was a cm in a 3 man midfield but position himself according to how the game was flowing so sometimes his average position was right in the center circle sometimes it was a little higher up.
When he was in a midfield 3 with guys like Makelele, Geremi, Essien, Diarra, Obi Mikel and Matic then I think it is fair to call him an attacking midfielder. He was certainly more attacking than any of them.

Could not agree more with you mouse mouse . Reading through this match thread and it sounds like alot of people are trying to accommodate players into the starting eleven as if this was football manager. Don't expect many changes come Saturday apart from vorm and maybe starting with mason in the middle instead of wanyama. Rest of the line up speaks for itself (dembele aside). Also can we stop having this debate about that fat cunt :dembelewtf:

Notice some of the forecast teams have dropped Wanyama to the bench, him and Dier are both DM who break up opposing attacks, and pass on to game players.
At home our home advantage must be a pressing game with inventive movement.
Only one gripe is our corners taken by Erickson don't produce the goods .

Corners almost never produce the goods, iirc only 3 out of every 100 Premier League corners result in a goal. As long as Eriksen isn't below that then I don't really care.

That episode is just full of valuable sports lessons (skip to 2:39)

Corners almost never produce the goods, iirc only 3 out of every 100 Premier League corners result in a goal. As long as Eriksen isn't below that then I don't really care.

This is my point - people watch Eriksen take corners and they don't understand that he's trying to beat the first man by a tiny margin. Having said that I think he should stand off from the 18 yard box in a central position and let Lamela take them. (And the flak).

Back
Top Bottom