Would you sign Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you sign Berahino?

• No way

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Yes at all costs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for a cut price in Jan

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • Yes for free this summer

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters
I started a thread a couple of years ago asking, is
Berahino the next Bale? I honestly believed he was good enough to come close. Where he is now, Im not sure ? He was a special talant and deserves a good club. Pulis and WBA should be ashamed of themselves and thier supporters should be asking questions especially, as ive said before, if he comes good.....

We've had enough second rate forwards and it is just utterly pointless to bring in someone like that. We tried Soldado, N'Jie, Janssen, GKN, Holtby... second rate just isn't good enough. He's also been proven to be a self interested trouble maker. Fuck that. I'd honestly rather have Defoe back.

He won't be free in the summer. The fee would be decided by a tribunal. Ings went to Liverpool for £6.5M set by a tribunal with a further £1.5M in performance related payments. My guess is that Berahino would be less on account of his poor form and fitness, but he won't be free.
Free? :levyeyes:

We've had enough second rate forwards and it is just utterly pointless to bring in someone like that. We tried Soldado, N'Jie, Janssen, GKN, Holtby... second rate just isn't good enough. He's also been proven to be a self interested trouble maker. Fuck that. I'd honestly rather have Defoe back.
For wanting to leave for a bigger club. WBA should have honoured the request.

I would normally agree (support the club) but when its seems Pulis is at the brunt of the protest, ill support the player every rime.
Berahino would be two years older and wiser now and worth the punt for a few bob.

For wanting to leave for a bigger club. WBA should have honoured the request.

I would normally agree (support the club) but when its seems Pulis is at the brunt of the protest, ill support the player every rime.
Berahino would be two years older and wiser now and worth the punt for a few bob.

Thats the tricky part.....hated what happened to us with Berbatov, Modric and Bale but at least we got 120M out of it.

WBA kept the player when we had bid 22M. They wanted 25M....all this for 3M. Even then 17M would have been good money for him, now he's worth fuck all.
They claimed he's not for sale, yet he was for sale....we just didnt meet their price, and then they didnt even use him.

He was stupid to behave that way, but the club have acted like amatures in the whole affair, and lost out. All to be the ones that stood up to Levy in the papers.

We let Chadli go for 13M was it? We didnt want to sell him, but we respected the player and let him move on so he could play football.

What did they gain from this Berahino affair??

Yes for 10m. Many Spurs players know him and have played with him. With that in mind and if the players that knows him want him, I'm OK with a deal.

he hasn't played for god knows how long? he needs game time, and wouldn't get it with us, he wouldn't be an automatic choice with Kane/Son/Janssen. First up needs to get different advisers, that's for sure.

No, I think that ship has sailed. The guy has hardly played for 2 seasons.

I'd be pretty sure that however much Poch rated him to start with, Berahino's antics over the past 18 months will have revised his opinion drastically. Apart from any debate about his ability on the pitch surely his attitude would be complete poison to Poch.

Chadli, Sigurdsson, Defoe would all be better signings... but none of them proved consistently good enough for the level that we are now playing at.

Thats the tricky part.....hated what happened to us with Berbatov, Modric and Bale but at least we got 120M out of it.

WBA kept the player when we had bid 22M. They wanted 25M....all this for 3M. Even then 17M would have been good money for him, now he's worth fuck all.
They claimed he's not for sale, yet he was for sale....we just didnt meet their price, and then they didnt even use him.

He was stupid to behave that way, but the club have acted like amatures in the whole affair, and lost out. All to be the ones that stood up to Levy in the papers.

We let Chadli go for 13M was it? We didnt want to sell him, but we respected the player and let him move on so he could play football.

What did they gain from this Berahino affair??
Agree, it has happen to us-we are not at the top of the food chain so expected it to happen.

I wonder if any informal agreement was made, with the sale of Chadlie, with Berahino in mind or am I thinking overtime here. Why would we do good business with them when they seem to have messed us about?

Agree, it has happen to us-we are not at the top of the food chain so expected it to happen.

I wonder if any informal agreement was made, with the sale of Chadlie, with Berahino in mind or am I thinking overtime here. Why would we do good business with them when they seem to have messed us about?

Definitely crossed my mind actually

No way is Levy going to take a 10 million punt on a player who won't be match fit until March and will be free in the summer.
I totally agree, except that he won't be free in the summer. There will be a fee to pay it will simply be decided by a tribunal and the fee will be in the millions of pounds range, so we might as well pay something now and get him in January.

Back
Top Bottom