Would you sign Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you sign Berahino?

• No way

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Yes at all costs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for a cut price in Jan

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • Yes for free this summer

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters
Berahino and Barkley just need a manager to sit them down and tell them they need to work their asses off if they want to fulfill their potential. Poch is exactly the manager who could easily get them both into the England team within 6 months.

giphy.gif

It's like turning down the fat girl early in the night then going for her out of desperation later on because you couldn't find anything better. Have some goddamn pride, go buy a real striker.

Some of those fat birds you mention have been the difference between wanking into a sock before passing out and smashing pie all night for me , smashing fat birds was a significant element of my youth.

giphy.gif

It's like turning down the fat girl early in the night then going for her out of desperation later on because you couldn't find anything better. Have some goddamn pride, go buy a real striker.

For wanting to leave for a bigger club. WBA should have honoured the request.

I would normally agree (support the club) but when its seems Pulis is at the brunt of the protest, ill support the player every rime.
Berahino would be two years older and wiser now and worth the punt for a few bob.

Thats the tricky part.....hated what happened to us with Berbatov, Modric and Bale but at least we got 120M out of it.

WBA kept the player when we had bid 22M. They wanted 25M....all this for 3M. Even then 17M would have been good money for him, now he's worth fuck all.
They claimed he's not for sale, yet he was for sale....we just didnt meet their price, and then they didnt even use him.

He was stupid to behave that way, but the club have acted like amatures in the whole affair, and lost out. All to be the ones that stood up to Levy in the papers.

We let Chadli go for 13M was it? We didnt want to sell him, but we respected the player and let him move on so he could play football.

What did they gain from this Berahino affair??

Two seasons ago I was saying yes as he and Kane formed a formidable partnership for England U21's. It's hard to not get sucked into the press bullshit that surrounds him but looking at what surrounds him I think it is bullshit, honestly what has he done other than hand in a transfer request with the hope of being bought by a young progressive club, playing in Europe and beginning to challenge for championships! I think he has been treated terribly at WBA not the other way around.

If we are in for him then you have to trust our Manager knows what he is on about. Players have had their careers transformed under Poch, this fact alone should have us excited that players also see this, that also want to improve under him and be turned into top class footballers and some with the right ability and attitude turned into World Class players! It's well known that Poch is a hard task master, if you don't train hard you don't play. If you act a tit then you're out without batting an eyelid.

So yeah, bring him in. What exactly is their to loose. (on a side note, just look at Victor Mosses this season, who'd a thunk it!!!!).

We spent 10m+ on the likes of njie & george.
So I can't see him being any worse than those 2 really.

The talk is that it's more likely to be £300k...in which case I'd bite their hand off.
I've just seen that. In which case, it's not really a risk at all. £300k is Rooney's wage for a week. If we could get him in, we know Poch genuinely rates him & a little bit of magic dust, we might have a gem. Even if he can't get his mojo back, the outlay is nothing.

Perhaps not even that. Which makes Peace's stance 18 months ago even more absurd. £23 million-£3 million in 18 months is some serious depreciation for a player who has barely figured for them since. It's not like he stayed & took them to the next level, nor does he any longer have any significant financial value to them. I kind of feel sorry for their fans. Not only do they have to pay to watch a Pulis team, but him & the chairman destroyed their brightest starlet in under 2 years. That's some kind of special. At least when our best have "outgrown" us, levy has rinsed every penny out of the buying team. He learned the hard way with Judas & never got stung again.

We've had enough second rate forwards and it is just utterly pointless to bring in someone like that. We tried Soldado, N'Jie, Janssen, GKN, Holtby... second rate just isn't good enough. He's also been proven to be a self interested trouble maker. Fuck that. I'd honestly rather have Defoe back.

Back
Top Bottom