Would you sign Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you sign Berahino?

• No way

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Yes at all costs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for a cut price in Jan

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • Yes for free this summer

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters
Berahino and Barkley just need a manager to sit them down and tell them they need to work their asses off if they want to fulfill their potential. Poch is exactly the manager who could easily get them both into the England team within 6 months.

We know that Poch was very keen on him back in 2015. Berahino's behaviour when he didn't get the move was shocking-& as a result, Pulis & Peace have wrecked his career. He's barely featured, has looked horribly overweight & unfit...but he's still young. If Poch still thinks he can work him into something, then we will probably have a sniff? I'm personally in the "no thanks" camp, as I think that his attitude has stunk their place out since Peace & Levy had their handbags negotiations. He should have been looking sharp & fit instead of looking like he's let himself go to seed. He would be a big risk signing. But perhaps he's been biding his time all along & letting his contract run down. As others have said, if he could get himself back to roughly where he was 2 seasons ago, then he'd be a very good signing for us. And he won't be expensive.

He is a goal scorer, in my opinion. He is very accurate, putting it in by the post which is what we look for. I don't see why we wouldn't buy him for the right price as we aren't likely to lose money on him even if it doesn't work out. I imagine we will strike a pre contract deal with him and that will lead to West Brom agreeing a fee with us now that sees him join us in January. Else they have to go to tribunal for the fee and that will be less than they want anyway. Better to have shot of him from their point of view. They were stupid not to sell him to us when they had the chance, for what was more than a fair price at the time. I hope we don't pay more than £10M. I imagine any deal with West Brom will be performance related.

If he is fuck all as his contract is ending maybe. People forget he was a top player prior to his meltdown and offers a combination of real pace and finishing. Just remember how shit Danny Rose was under old managers and now how good under Poch.

If we ain't going to be ambitious and go for Isco or someone like that then why not.

Yes, I was a fan a few years ago-he must still have the talent, he just needs to get his fitness brought up to our level. I would deteriorate into a mindless jelly, just watching a Pulis team never mind playing for him. His protest was commendable but detrimental to his career.

The talk is that it's more likely to be £300k...in which case I'd bite their hand off.
I've just seen that. In which case, it's not really a risk at all. £300k is Rooney's wage for a week. If we could get him in, we know Poch genuinely rates him & a little bit of magic dust, we might have a gem. Even if he can't get his mojo back, the outlay is nothing.

I've just seen that. In which case, it's not really a risk at all. £300k is Rooney's wage for a week. If we could get him in, we know Poch genuinely rates him & a little bit of magic dust, we might have a gem. Even if he can't get his mojo back, the outlay is nothing.
Yeah, even if he turns out shit we'd still make a profit selling him to Hull...

He's worth about $8M
Where does that figure come from? He's nowhere near match fit according to Pulis, & would likely take at least 6-8 weeks to get full match fitness if he's starting from basic fitness levels. That takes us to March. Would anyone pay £8 million for a lad who won't likely be up to speed for a couple of months, that they can pick up for free in June? I don't see it. If he goes this window, it will be a nominal fee imo reflecting the fact that he's out of contract & has been anonymous for almost 2 years, save for his recent publicity for going abroad to sort out his mental health issues, & a recent run out for the u23's

Where does that figure come from? He's nowhere near match fit according to Pulis, & would likely take at least 6-8 weeks to get full match fitness if he's starting from basic fitness levels. That takes us to March. Would anyone pay £8 million for a lad who won't likely be up to speed for a couple of months, that they can pick up for free in June? I don't see it. If he goes this window, it will be a nominal fee imo reflecting the fact that he's out of contract & has been anonymous for almost 2 years, save for his recent publicity for going abroad to sort out his mental health issues, & a recent run out for the u23's
Ok $3M

He won't be free in the summer. The fee would be decided by a tribunal. Ings went to Liverpool for £6.5M set by a tribunal with a further £1.5M in performance related payments. My guess is that Berahino would be less on account of his poor form and fitness, but he won't be free.

Perhaps not even that. Which makes Peace's stance 18 months ago even more absurd. £23 million-£3 million in 18 months is some serious depreciation for a player who has barely figured for them since. It's not like he stayed & took them to the next level, nor does he any longer have any significant financial value to them. I kind of feel sorry for their fans. Not only do they have to pay to watch a Pulis team, but him & the chairman destroyed their brightest starlet in under 2 years. That's some kind of special. At least when our best have "outgrown" us, levy has rinsed every penny out of the buying team. He learned the hard way with Judas & never got stung again.

I remember being told about the tribunal system (by a Palace fan so could be wrong).
Apparently the club gets less the more the player has played (despite the inference being that more games means the youngster's likely to be better) because the club is deemed to have gotten more return on their development investment.

By that logic, if true, he's racked up quite a few games and therefore might not be that high of s tribunal fee.

Just thought, if he came to us and was brilliant,. Wouldn't every WBA fan start hating Pulis for the way he treated him and shows how he was unble to nurture a football playing talant?

Back
Top Bottom