*****Wolverhampton Wanders v Tottenham Hotspur Entertainment Complex *******3pm Saturday 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not going to lie. Didn’t watch it stream it listen to it.

Had a very pleasant morning session with my PT and then a great afternoon session with my yoga / massage therapist.

But fuck me.

Tottenham Hotspur 100% know how to ruin my zen calm. Like clockwork these fucks.

Can only keep having positive thoughts of Istanbul……..now breathe……..

OK.

I know this will not be a popular opinion but; as with my view after the Chelsea game, I am going to say what I actually think rather than what will not upset the consensus.

I thought Spurs were a bit unlucky today.

Spurs were better than Wolves and should not have lost this game.

If one of the two Spurs attempts at goal, which hit the bar, goes in then Wolves need two to win.

The home crowd would have lost interest because they know better than anyone Wolves have been struggling to score one goal in any game.

Spurs would probably have gone on to pick Wolves off on the counter attack and racked up a respectable winning margin.

This is football.

Sometimes the luck is with you; sometimes it isn't.

Goals change games.

After 45 minutes I was as pleased with Spurs first half performance as I have been with any first half performance all season.

Spurs played their way through the midfield, pressed the Wolves defenders into errors and were in complete control of the game. We never looked under pressure.

The only constructive criticism I will offer is that Spurs failed to create enough clear cut chances despite hitting the crossbar twice and having a total of 8 attempts on target from our 22 attempts at goal.

If Spurs continue to play football, like they played in the first half today, I will be happier.

Liverpool will finish 4th anyway.

Spurs are now 33-1 to win the Champions League.

Gooners will blow the title. Xhaka cannot be a champion.

I want some of that. :wansum:
Absolutely, the character of the game would have been changed if one of the woodwork goals had gone in. But that does not negate the idea Spurs are not that efficient in the final third. So often goals are the result of stretching a defense to the point of breaking with accumulating pressure and I just don't see that. Kane is so good by himself it tends to mask how weak Spurs are in the final third. And, for whatever reason, the set piece game that started to so well at the beginning of the season seems to be a little less threatening now. I was encouraged by Porro's obvious ability to put heavy shots on target. That bodes well for the future.

Yes we have soent o er £200M since conte came plus the shed load Pat bought in summer 21. Yet not one player you could say provides that but of magic. I said last summer we needed a player with some magic like a Maddison but we got richarlison who is worse than ndombele. If people think him running around a bit is worth £60M then there are delusional conte doesn’t really trust players with skill. Like I said in another post players like ossie, Glenn, gazza, waddle, gazza Rd, etc would have been shipped out by this Dino mk1. His been upgraded to mk1 as at least jose would make subs much earlier and he wasn’t stuck to this 523 system.
Yep I think we should leg him go now and ask Poch to try to rescue this mess, plan for next season and look at other sources ghan the italian.league !!

Poch will make absolutely no difference at all.....

We have players who have underperformed under Conte, Nuno, Mourinho AND under Poch himself even, and they are still here.

As long as players know, that they can just go apathetic and await a new manager, nothing will change.

It's virtually impossible, that there aren't a dialogue between at least some senior players and the owners, behind the back of whoever is the manager at any given time. And as long as that continues, so will abject displays poured in randomly at fixtures (or nor so randomly like notably cup tournament games).

I'm sorry....... But we're outplayed from minute 50 to 85 and Stellini and the rest of our overpaid bunch of losers did absolutely nothing to try and influence the game.

You could see what was going to happen from about 5 miles away and yet they sat there scratching their arses.

Fuck them and their anti-football tactics and complete and utter naivety about the Premier league

Fucking elite management team my arse.
Yup thought the same you could see it the momentum was swinging. Yet they were not pro active even just trying Dan for son. We made 3 subs 2 like for like which made no diff and the other last desparate acct bringing on rich as if he was gonna save us. If they thought he could help us get a goal wdf did they not think of bringing him on earlier. They had no intention of playing rich or Dan.

Yeah. Pretty much my conclusion. His first question should be….

“Are the club aware just how furious the fan base are with the ineptitude and lack of focus that is obvious to everyone”.

But it won’t be and the silly bollocks will ramble on for an hour and a half via YouTube telling us a load of shit.

Never listened to or read anything from him since he misled the supporters during that transfer window.

Agent Gold is not to be trusted.

I want Spurs to entertain me.

I said as much after the win against Chelsea.

Spurs played in a manner today that I can live with.

Of course i'm frustrated that we didn't win.

That does not change the fact that we should have won.

I can't abide 'winning' playing negative football. It isn't winning in my view.

Spurs were better to watch today so I will hang on to the positives from that.

I hope the style from today continues and I believe results will improve.

Son had a few attempts on target and hit the bar.
Yes they should have won, but so should we have done Wednesday as well but we didn't.
Unfortunately mate, Tottenham Hotspur go karting and multimedia events international, has completely taken over and lost our Tottenham Hotspur FC.

We have players who have underperformed under Conte, Nuno, Mourinho AND under Poch himself even, and they are still here.

As long as players know, that they can just go apathetic and await a new manager, nothing will change.

It's virtually impossible, that there aren't a dialogue between at least some senior players and the owners, behind the back of whoever is the manager at any given time. And as long as that continues, so will abject displays poured in randomly at fixtures (or nor so randomly like notably cup tournament games).
Plus Poch wouldn't be a new manager.....he'd be a failed sacked manager filling in a crack....

Absolutely, the character of the game would have been changed if one of the woodwork goals had gone in. But that does not negate the idea Spurs are not that efficient in the final third. So often goals are the result of stretching a defense to the point of breaking with accumulating pressure and I just don't see that. Kane is so good by himself it tends to mask how weak Spurs are in the final third. And, for whatever reason, the set piece game that started to so well at the beginning of the season seems to be a little less threatening now. I was encouraged by Porro's obvious ability to put heavy shots on target. That bodes well for the future.
What I see is that the quantity of gilt edged created chances has decreased the longer the negative, shite style of play has prevailed.

Son has suffered more than Kane because of this.

Kane can still poach a scruffy goal, or head in a cross from open play or a set piece, as well as converting the odd penalty.

Son was better today. We should pay attention to that.

Son got a few half decent chances.

If that continues; Son will score more goals.

Yes they should have won, but so should we have done Wednesday as well but we didn't.
Unfortunately mate, Tottenham Hotspur go karting and multimedia events international, has completely taken over and lost our Tottenham Hotspur FC.
The FC seems to have become the least important thing in the whole mess....

The simple thing is that the players know the manager is leaving - we know it, they know it, why care anymore? The circle begins again
Surely conte has string everyone along as well. He should publically come out and tell everyone that he is going back to Italy for whatever reasons. He’d get a bit more respect. Also as he prbly knew he was t gonna stay he should have told us to keep our money dry in jan unless we got a top quality defender. Instead we shipped a load of players and paid £40m for a WB which next manager may not want.

We were OK for two thirds of the game. Dominated the first half.

Wolves made changes to the team and the formation in the last half hour.

They scored a goal during their best spell in the game.

Spurs hit the bar twice during their best spell in the game.

The stats say Spurs were better and this was confirmed for me by the evidence of my own eyes.

Played a bit of football and pressed the Wolves defence into errors.

Porro had his best game for Spurs so far and gives me hope.

Skipp also looked composed and linked up the play. He did play the odd loose ball but overall it was another decent performance. I expected Wolves to boss the midfield. Skipp and Hojbjerg did well in my opinion.
Another voice of reason.

That's the end of the season right here. Conte project has failed. Embarassing cup exits, top 4 or not doesn't matter anymore at this point because we're not progressing at all and never going to seriously compete in the UCL if we play like we do atm.

It's gonna be a painful restart yet again. New manager, new coaching staff, new set up, new tactics, new players.
If the “ painful rebuild “ had started when Poch said about it , we wouldn’t be in this fucking mess . Who’s to blame for that ?

We are struggling in the final third for sure, but not for lack of trying.

Back
Top Bottom