What's the worst thing you've done because of Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm ashamed to say that Tottenham made me act like a little bitch.
During the 87/88 season, when we lost 1-0 at home to charlton, I was sitting staring at ceefax willing the 0 to change to a 1. It went through pages 1/3, 2/3, back to us and fuck all. So I decided I'd take the walk up to my bedroom to turn on the radio and hope that by doing that somehow we'd score. I got up there and the next update was final score 0-1. something in me snapped and I had what can only be described as a tantrum. I snapped my donkey kong game and chucked it in the bin. It was the orange 2 screen hand held thing. I fucking loved it. I obvioulsy fished it out the bin about an hour afterwards and cried myself to sleep that night. Fuck you tottenham.

Countless of meltdowns and guilty of having thrown or punched inanimate objects plenty a time when we play.

The NLD where we lost 5-2 and ADE got sent off I was supposed to be at my (relatively new) GF's birthday dinner after the game but got so depressed after the loss that I tried getting out of it. I was more keen on drenching my sorrows but being the gentleman I am I eventually showed. Drunk, miserable and clad in a Tottenham-cardigan.

Wasn't the best of nights I'd say.

Edit: here's the now infamous sweater, so you can all visualize my misery ->
914614_20120710041307.jpg

Last edited:
After the loss to Portsmouth we were leaving the ground and a lad was singing a Portsmouth song. I turned and yelled 'fuck off you cunt'. Turned out he was about 10 and holding his mums hand. Shameful

When I was living in Adelaide I used to go to The Rosemont pub to watch the games. We were playing West Ham and some bloke was with some old drunk skanky lady. We were giving eachother shit all game. I ended up chanting a song about his misses being a whore. Shameful. We did shake hands at the end which surprised me...

Fractured a bone in my foot by kicking the wooden bottom of the sofa when Chelsea won the CL. Also screamed like a wounded fucking bear before and after realising how much that hurt.

Went to Birmingham for the opening game of the season in 2003, we lost so I got absolutely smashed and ended up in a Cell for the night after telling a fucking great Bear of a Copper to fuck off along with other threats and insults.. The big Cunt slung me on the floor and laid on top of me, i nearly passed out, he then put me in a head lock and marched me to an awaiting van.
I spent the night in a cell, woke up with a massive headache and a fucking great hole in the elbow of my new Fred Perry Jumper.. I was furious..
I also had to pay for another train ticket after already having a return..

The worst away day i've ever had.

1) A couple of years back, there was a match that we won pretty convincingly but I can't quite remember what it was. Lots of drinking after the match and then a night out, where for some unknown reason I ended up on my own in Woolwich (actual Woolwich, in SE London), walking around a tower block estate singing at the top of my voice "Fuck off back to Woolwich, North London is ours". Makes very little sense, I know. Caught a couple of hours sleep on a bench, didn't get robbed, found my way to a station in the morning and got home safely. Don't quite know how I got away with it.

2) After the recent NLD, wasn't so lucky. Went straight from the match up to Manchester to see some mates. Was obviously in very high spirits, many cans emptied on the train. Continued drinking heavily that evening, memory gets very hazy. Next thing I know it's 2 am and I'm in the reception of a hotel clutching a wad of tissues to my face, blood everywhere. Manage to get a taxi back to my mate's place and pass out there. Wake up in the morning in agony and still bleeding all over the place, go to hospital to discover that my jaw's been broken in two places. Needed full on surgery to fix it up, couldn't eat solid food for a couple of weeks. Have a very vague memory of walking around Manchester city centre on my own singing Spurs songs, can only assume that someone gave me an absolute wallop.

Going to rein in the drinking a bit now, I don't really want an incident number 3...

Was round my girlfriend's (now ex, shock) on the night of the Chelsea - Bayern CL final. Was supposed to be staying the night and had some plans the next day, but when Drogba put that penalty away I just stormed out and went home. Didn't see her until the next weekend.

She wasn't happy, surprisingly.
you sir are indeed a Spurs Legend :adebaehug:

I came back to London from uni for the final against Blackburn which was also my birthday weekend. We lost, I became drunk, got the train back to Southampton instead of going home. Mum phones me saying all my grandparents, uncles, aunts and family friends were waiting to see me (this was not a surprise so I knew people were there) and that my Granny was deeply, deeply upset. I only saw her once after that before she died in the April....that plagues me.
This wins

Back
Top Bottom